X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont think this article should be on this site

egsv
    royhoward
    Last edited by royhoward; 01-10-2013, 11:42 PM.

Yeah it shouldn't be done as an exercise, it's just done once or twice just to find out how to locate your kegel muscles.

Comment

vbse
      royhoward
      Last edited by royhoward; 01-10-2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Why is kegelling mid-flow bad?
        "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
        Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
        Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
        As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

erg
          royhoward
          Last edited by royhoward; 01-11-2013, 01:37 AM.

Comment

I have done all different variations on it for 6 monthes now and I am fine. Now it's not like I am doing it for 20 minutes each time I take a leak because there is only so much urine in there to start and stop. Moderation but not excess.
            BPEL 7.0 +1 1/8"
            EG 5.6 +.6 (average of girth measures)
            Midshaft EG: 5.75 +.75
            Base EG: 6 +.75
            Top EG 5 +.5
            NBPEL 6.2. +.2
            BPSFL 7.3 +1.3

Comment

Starting and stopping your stream is dangerous? No way...where did you hear that?
              EL: 5 3/4", EG: 4 7/8" | 2020

Comment

sh
                royhoward
                Last edited by royhoward; 01-10-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I usually when play with stopping/starting my stream get a very annoyed bladder...
                  Re-Start 2 mos GOAL
                  NBP 16.9 17.4 19.5
                  BP 18.5 19.4 21
                  EG 14.6 14.7

Comment

Originally posted by royhoward View Post
                    somewhere on this site, forgot where, might of been a person or an article
                    Remember, by and large each post is most probably an opinion of some sort. Now if you get a lot of people with the same opinion, especially to a specific question of general interest like yours, then the probability increases that there is probably some validity to all the replies.
                    BPEL 7.0 +1 1/8"
                    EG 5.6 +.6 (average of girth measures)
                    Midshaft EG: 5.75 +.75
                    Base EG: 6 +.75
                    Top EG 5 +.5
                    NBPEL 6.2. +.2
                    BPSFL 7.3 +1.3

Comment

Originally posted by mvergasioin View Post
                      Remember, by and large each post is most probably an opinion of some sort. Now if you get a lot of people with the same opinion, especially to a specific question of general interest like yours, then the probability increases that there is probably some validity to all the replies.
                      Steve seemed to agree that stopping while pissing isn't good.
                      I'm glad I found out. I've been getting into the habit of starting/stopping :/

The more you know
                      "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                      Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                      Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                      As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

I haven't been able to find anything that says it is dangerous. Here are a couple of very reputable links, notice the lack of any warning.

Urinary incontinence: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
                        Kegel exercises: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

I can't see why this would be dangerous, considering its a normal bodily function. Though overdoing it would lead to some issues, I don't see moderate use of this technique as harmful.
                        Initial(9-1-11): BPEL: 7.25", BPSFL: 7.75", EG: 4.75", BEG: 5.25", BPFL: ~5.0", FG: ~4.0"
                        Current(7-1-16): BPEL: 8.375", BPSFL: 8.75", EG: 5.375", BEG: 5.875", BPFL: ~6.625", FG: ~4.75"

Realistic Goal: BPEL: 8.5", EG: 5.5"
                        Idealistic Goal: BPEL: 9.0", EG: 6.0", BPFL: 7.0", FL: 5.0"

Comment

Kegel exercises: A how-to guide for women - MayoClinic.com

"Doing Kegel exercises with a full bladder or while emptying your bladder can actually weaken the muscles, as well as lead to incomplete emptying of the bladder"

I'll stick to not doing it while I urinate, I don't see why people do it while urinating anyways after they found out how to locate it.

Comment

Kegel exercises - self-care: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Here is states, not to do it more than twice a month for that reason. Interesting. I wonder how this could weaken the pelvic floor muscles, it makes little sense. But, there is warning.
                            Initial(9-1-11): BPEL: 7.25", BPSFL: 7.75", EG: 4.75", BEG: 5.25", BPFL: ~5.0", FG: ~4.0"
                            Current(7-1-16): BPEL: 8.375", BPSFL: 8.75", EG: 5.375", BEG: 5.875", BPFL: ~6.625", FG: ~4.75"

Realistic Goal: BPEL: 8.5", EG: 5.5"
                            Idealistic Goal: BPEL: 9.0", EG: 6.0", BPFL: 7.0", FL: 5.0"

Comment

is there any solid data or explanation of why it may weaken the pelvic floor muscles?
                              EL: 5 3/4", EG: 4 7/8" | 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X