counting reps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• counting reps

Hi, just wanted to ask how many of you guys don't count your reps while jelqing. I always do a random number of jelqs based on the feeling. I rather concentrate on the quality of a jelq and for me counting can be distracting. I believe the exact number isn't very important and for other beginners following a routine like the JP90, I dare recommend that you don't have to push yourself to reach exactly 150 jelqs. If you feel like stopping or switching then you probably should, if you feel like doing a few extra jelqes, then be my quest. I also feel this way me and my penis will become better friends as I try to listen what he tells me instead of focusing on numbers. I could be wrong though, so by all means don't consider this as an experienced advice, although I've done my regular workouts with the same method all my life and it has worked nicely for me. Any thoughts?

PEst wishes.
    notsu
    Last edited by notsu; 12-13-2011, 10:03 AM.

I also gave up on counting. It was far too distracting and I'd lose the EQ I was aiming for. Also, you don't get to enjoy the fun of it!

I've gone back to just starting a timer and about 5 minutes in I go to V-jelqs, 5 more minutes back to regular jelqs. Then I go as long as I feel comfortable with, but it's usually about another 5 minutes. I only have to chance at the clock and then it's right back to it. My mind can concentrate on whatever it wants to then!

Comment

The problem with not counting is that you don't get a consistent amount of jelqs each time you do PE. The JP90 is focused to condition the ding dong so that it can tolerate more intense workouts later on (squeezes, hanging, etc). By not counting, you're giving it a random number of jelqs, which may not be optimal.
      The problem with feeling out the jelqs is that you don't know what it feels like inside. On the one hand, jelqing can feel very good to you. A lot of guys have trouble staying around the 50% mark because they get too erect with how good it feels. But on the other hand, a lot of guys hurt themselves. They don't know what they're doing is damaging them because they can't feel it. It feels good, then very suddenly, it does not.

I would recommend you both count the reps to get a better workout.

Even with regular workouts, I would recommend counting. I can't imagine doing isolated back pulls without counting. You'd get an uneven number and lop-sided workout. It also negates the possibility of strength or endurance training using weights.
      But to each their own, in that respect.

count your PE reps
      "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
      Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
      Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
      As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

I've had better results not counting.

Of course counting with weight lifting is more important because you may be only working one side at a time. But really, everything comes down to how you feel. If you are having a good day you may go beyond your usual number of reps.

Same goes with my PE. I go based on how it's feelings. If it's just an off-day, I may cut the time down. For the most part, I stick to the usual 5-minute increments. I really don't see the point in counting if I'm gonna be doing approximately the same number of reps every time. It doesn't really matter how many you do if the last half are uncomfortable. I'd argue that simply timing you get better quality jelqs because you aren't overly concerned with "Oh, I did that one wrong, now I have to recount it." It allows you to focus on the task at hand, which is performing them properly.

I've read a lot of guys may start a workout and a few minutes into realize they are having an off-day, so they stop. That won't change whether you are counting or timing.

time your PE reps

does that make my argument more valid?

Comment

Either way is fine, if you go for time and you feel better with your jelque quality and results then that is best for you.
          Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I never counted, I've always just used a time started at 10 min jelqs and just increased the time after a while.
            The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice
            August 1 2011- BPEL 7.2in EG 5.5in
            November 5 2011- BPEL 8.2-8.3in EG 5.97-6in
            December 3 2011- BPEL 8.7in MSEG 6.0in BEG 6.1in
            April 7 2012 - BPEL 9.2in MSEG 6.4in BEG 6.6in
            June 18 2012 - BPEL 9.5in EG 6.8in
            March 21 2013 - BPEL 8.5-8.8in EG 6.1in

Comment

Originally posted by TheEconomy View Post
              I've had better results not counting.

Of course counting with weight lifting is more important because you may be only working one side at a time. But really, everything comes down to how you feel. If you are having a good day you may go beyond your usual number of reps.
              Well no. Really, it depends on what you're training for.
              If you like doing higher reps - then pump away.

Same goes with my PE. I go based on how it's feelings. If it's just an off-day, I may cut the time down. For the most part, I stick to the usual 5-minute increments. I really don't see the point in counting if I'm gonna be doing approximately the same number of reps every time. It doesn't really matter how many you do if the last half are uncomfortable. I'd argue that simply timing you get better quality jelqs because you aren't overly concerned with "Oh, I did that one wrong, now I have to recount it." It allows you to focus on the task at hand, which is performing them properly.

I've read a lot of guys may start a workout and a few minutes into realize they are having an off-day, so they stop. That won't change whether you are counting or timing.
              I see what you're saying. That makes good sense. I like counting because I'll vary the intensity with each jelq. Each time I exercise could change in time depending on how long each jelq lasts. Sometimes I feel like I want to do 6 second jelqs, so that will change how long I do it. Other times, I feel like doing 2 second ones.
              I keep the amount of jelqs consistent, but the time fluctuates.

BigO seems to think it's personal preference. I like the counting method.

time your PE reps

does that make my argument more valid?
              Is that sarcasm?
              I put it in bold to summarize my main idea.

Toadstool
              Last edited by Toadstool; 12-13-2011, 01:04 PM.
              "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
              Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
              Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
              As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

I would count at first, throw a stopwatch on to see how long it takes. Once you get use to the jelq speed you can time it.
                Or just do whatever works best for you.
                Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Thank you everyone for your oppinions, I'll probably continue without counting, I'll count it tomorrow to see how much reps Im actually doing. Im pretty sure its less than the original routine stated as I prefer to play it safe so Im not worried that I will overtrain. I trust my body to know when I've had enough and as for regular workout I forgot to mention that I rarely work out with weights, mostly use only my body since I have no interest in big muscles - speed and agilty is what I've always reached for. As for the feel of when I should stop my jelqs I didn't mean the actual feeling of jelqing, but rather the intuition I get when working out.

PEace.

Comment

Working...
                  X