Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fordyce spots- my attempt at treatment- advice is appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fordyce spots- my attempt at treatment- advice is appreciated!

I recently found fordyce spots under my penis, I'd say it's moderate to light (I'm 21 btw). I'd like to rule out what caused it and what didnt, so I'd appreciate any input. I started jelqing again 5-6 weeks ago after taking a year off, but I noticed 6-7 fordyce bumps just last week, a few days after I switched to baby oil as wet jelq lube (I've been using jojoba oil till now). Now, about 10 days after using baby oil, I see a lot more spots and bigger too, I'd say about 12-15 spots on the underside of my penis. Did anyone else develop fordyce spots after using baby oil? I don't think it's from jelqing as I had no problem the first 4-5 weeks of jelqing, it's only when I switched to baby oil that these spots developed. My guess would be that the comedogenic oil clogged up the penis skin even after washing (this stuff is mighty difficult to wash off) and oil glands developed? I switched to KY Jelly yesterday, thinking baby oil was the problem. I haven't had sex since october so it shouldn't be something I caught

Anyway, there's not too many successful threads on the internet about treating fordyce spots, so I wanted to create one to get input on possible treatments. I've seen jojoba oil and lugol's iodine having good potential, so I will try that later. The first one i wanted to try was tretinoin, as I'm quite experienced with it. Theoretically it should trigger rapid exfoliation in skin cells, and the penis skin should be very thin 1-2 months into the treatment, exposing the spots. I will apply a small amount to the entire underside of my penis each night, maybe for a month to see if there's any exfoliation. Since it's a mucous membrane, I don't know how it will react. If anyone tried this already and didn't work, please let me know so I don't waste my time.
    I want to maintain my jelq regimen while doing this, but my regimen is fairly light, 4x a week of 5-10 min stretching and 15 min of wet jelqs.
    Again, if you know a better treatment that worked for you, fill me in on it! It's not a huge problem so I don't want to resort to laser or manual removal, but if I can get rid of it without damaging my penis I'll give it a shot.

Sebaecous Prominence AKA Fordyce sucks. Ive had it for like the last 2 years started out small, and then more and more just kept appearing. I haven't seen a doctor about it because every site on line says its normal and no treatment exist. I've heard of C02 Laser treatments and some type of treatment where the skin is electrically shocked to kill the sebum? I don't know, I fucking hate them, they look gross and I'd hate to explain this to a girl. My ex mentioned it and i said its normal, just dots where the hair grows and she still sucked it but still cant help but hate them! Jojoba oil has good effects. I saw on a forum about sebaecous prominence a guy used jojoba oil mixed with cold pressed castor oil and he had great results.

Check this forum out Free forum : Sebaceous Prominence some good info, lots of trial and errors. Keep this thread alive, maybe we can find someone from the gym with success?
    One day, they will name a PE exercise after ME.

Comment

Im not sure if i had fordyce spots. but when i used baby oil i got where it would for really really hard pimples and what i found out it was that the oil was foreign to the skin and if not completely cleaned off it would cause a pimple like bump that would actually compress the oil and other junk into a super hard little ball. the skin would reject this and cause the super hard pimple. I still have some but very few. i managed to pop some when they were ready. they would show the little hard ball of junk but i had to make sure i picked them out of the skin otherwise it would just turn back into the spots. they were very hard to get rid of and my girlfriend noticed on my leg and i told her it was a build up of oil and other things. and she popped it ( it hurt but its not like hell or anything) then she saw the little oil ball i was talking about i picked it out and that spot has since healed up. try seeing if you can pop one in the least sensitive area and see if there is like a sand like ball inside if so pick it out and see if it goes back to normal.
      6/12/2012
      Starting Stats:
      BPEL: 6.5"
      EG: 5.25

1st Goal:
      BPEL 6.75"
      EG: 5.25"

2nd Goal:
      BPEL: 7"
      EG: 5.5"

Comment

@srsmokealot09 thanks for the site, I'm surprised I hadn't found it yet considering how big it is. and dun worry, i'll keep it alive with weekly updates. do u have any clues why the spots kept appearing?

@
        engleangle did they come back after you popped them? how long ago did you pop? Mine are still too small to pop right now, after I stopped using baby oil the spots stopped growing. maybe tretinoin will thin the skin enough to expose them enough to pop?

Comment

They are natural and occur all over the body. What's wrong with having them?
          The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

They only occur on the penis and lips, and look kinda like herpes yes they are natural, but if I can get rid of these ugly things with a bit of effort, i don't see why i have to live with them the rest of my life

Comment

Because they'll only come back! This is what your body is producing now that you're getting older. Sometimes you just have to accept things.
              The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

It's been about a week since I started using tretinoin. The first three days I didn't see any changes, but noticed peeling on the fourth day. when I used tretinoin on the fourth day after a lot of the skin peeled off, tretinoin stung quite a bit, so I took the 5th day off. a lot more skin peeling through the 6th day, and I tested out with a small amount of tretinoin but it stung even more. I think I need to take more time between applications until my skin grows used to it, or perhaps penis skin doesn't regenerate as fast as the skin on my face, and daily applications are not effective? I do like that I'm peeling a lot, and when the penis skin gets thin enough I want to add the oil cleansing method a few times a week. will post again next week

Comment

Originally posted by yellowbus View Post
                  It's been about a week since I started using tretinoin. The first three days I didn't see any changes, but noticed peeling on the fourth day. when I used tretinoin on the fourth day after a lot of the skin peeled off, tretinoin stung quite a bit, so I took the 5th day off. a lot more skin peeling through the 6th day, and I tested out with a small amount of tretinoin but it stung even more. I think I need to take more time between applications until my skin grows used to it, or perhaps penis skin doesn't regenerate as fast as the skin on my face, and daily applications are not effective? I do like that I'm peeling a lot, and when the penis skin gets thin enough I want to add the oil cleansing method a few times a week. will post again next week
                  how did this go?
                  The journey begins :)

Comment

Working...
                  X