P.E. while sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.E. while sick

Most doctors (or at least your mom) will tell you that you need your rest while you are sick. Do you think this is true for P.E., or should you continue with your routine? I already take a few days off during my normal sets, but wondered if toning it down while sick is good, bad or makes little difference. I've been sick off and on for 2 weeks now, and I don't want my routine or my gains to suffer because of it. Any thoughts?
    Guiness
    (Tall, dark & slightly gritty)

I had a hive breakout from switching my medication to generics,I mean it was E.R bad and I still was hanging that same day when I got back and the following 4 days with nasty itchy hives all over.. Not as hardcore but 1 or 2 sets.
    7.5"NBP (+.25")
    7.75"BPEL(+.25")
    5.75"EG (+.5")
    6" Base Girth (+..75")
    Dahan Extender (204.20 hrs Week 7) 1/12/12
    7.75" BPXL

Shooting for the magic 8x6 .. Girth almost there..length goal, Your going down!!! :)

Comment

I tried to PE when i was sick....got through 20 minutes and gave up. Now that I'm extending, well, I dunno. Haven't been sick in a while.
      Goal: Huge

Comment

On the flip side, with a high core temperature, surely your connective tissue would be warm to the point of More elasticity...

I know what I'm doing the next time I have a fever of 104!
        2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

I think time off helps with penis growth. If i were you i'd just take it off and not worry about losing gains... worst comes to it you can always get them back. I plan on taking breaks to help with my growth, so if i become ill that would be the perfect time. But thats just me.
          2/10/2010 (BPEL 5.2 x EG 4.9)
          7/2/2011 (BPEL 5.9 x EG 5.2) Stopped :(
          21/9/2011 (BPEL 6.0 x EG 5.2) Started :)
          1/4/2012 (BPEL 7.0 x EG 5.7) NOW!

GymBoi's Progress Log

Comment

Why would you worry about taking time off when you're sick? Come on let's try to put things in perspective. Get better and then go back to work and stop being silly.
            Sincerely,
            Your Mom!
            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I agree with GymBoi and CUSP. Take it easy when you feel ill. Get a lot of sleep, take vitamins, drink a lot of water, and fruit or veggie juices... Then get started again when you feel up to it.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I was just wondering, since most of you guys have been at this for a while. I figured taking a break was at the top of the list. A big dick doesn't do you any good if the rest of you is stiff, too.
                Guiness
                (Tall, dark & slightly gritty)

Comment

Lifting when sick is not a good idea because the stress put on your body by lifting will cause your body to divert needed energies for healing your illness to repairing muscle. Your unit is so damn tiny compared to the rest of you that there will be very little diversion of energy to repair your unit. If you are so sick as to not feel like moving then naturally call it a day until you are feeling better, but if you aren't that sick, PE if you want, rest if you want.
                  rbi99
                  Retired Moderator
                  Member of the Month Nov 2017
                  PEGym Hero
                  Last edited by rbi99; 06-01-2012, 06:33 AM.
                  FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
                  The Ultimate V (The UV)
                  Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                  Heated Bundled LAS
                  Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Also, keep in mind that you could end up doing some damage while being sick. Your impaired state may lead to lack of focus and poor judgement risking injury. While reduced stamina may force you to push too hard. Then your whole form will just not be there. What was once a cinch to complete now becomes a chore. So, it's a good time to take a break. PE is going nowhere and will be there for you when you recover and feel better. Rest up now !

Comment

Sick as in; blah don't feel good, don't want to go to work/school but will anyway, lay in bed, cough, whatnot...
                      Kinda sick is okay to PE if you want. If you're bedridden don't bother. Get healthy first.
                      Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                      Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                      Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                      http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Working...
                      X