Routine Variety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routine Variety

I know "Routine Variety" sounds like "Jumbo Shrimp" but do any of you change up the routine over the course of a week? I am thinking something like when working out in a regular gym you might do a "heavy" day and then a "high rep day".

I am still trying to find what I like and starting slowly but I find I have more time on the weekends and I am rushing a bit during the week. Does it make sense to do certain things when time is tight and others when time alows? If so, what is most effective?

Input please. Thanks.

Originally posted by dirtydave View Post
    I know "Routine Variety" sounds like "Jumbo Shrimp" but do any of you change up the routine over the course of a week? I am thinking something like when working out in a regular gym you might do a "heavy" day and then a "high rep day".

I am still trying to find what I like and starting slowly but I find I have more time on the weekends and I am rushing a bit during the week. Does it make sense to do certain things when time is tight and others when time alows? If so, what is most effective?

Input please. Thanks.
    Yes. I like the way you're thinking about this. It's a very intelligent use of time. It helps in other ways too.

Every session is a little bit different for me in terms of intensity and technique. There are many variables that effect this. Erectilability, mood, and also the fact that I'm constantly learning more about physiology and technique as I practice and test things. I don't use a rigid routine, but I do cycle through the same phases of every session: heat, massage, pumping, massage. Each phase has specific moves that I've adapted and continue to develop.

I have a short session where I'm very conscious of time and keep it to under 40 minutes total. It's still effective work, I'm just not spending as much time experimenting and learning or testing anything.

So on days when I really don't feel like it. It's a lot easier to say, "okay, I can do this real quick." Usually I end up fooling myself and find that once I start I'm enjoying myself and go for up to an hour sometimes.

I personally don't take rest days. I found it counter productive. But some days I feel like I should maybe work a little lighter than the day before.

It's totally cool if you want to spend more time on the weekends developing technique and using a little more intensity and use the week to put all those new chops to more efficient use. Any creative way you can find to stay interested, keep learning as you go, and keep showing up to practice even for a few minutes everyday can only lead to eventual results.

Comment

I simply add 1-2% reps to my next workout. Nothing major.
      Every thrird month i switch to a more girth targeted routine, but its only for 4 weeks if i feel my length and stretching stuff is causing eq failures too often.
      Other than that, I use the business acronym KISS: Keep it simple & stupid
      bpel -6.25in
      girth 5.5 in

Mar 31
      BPEL -7.5 in
      NBPEL - 6,8 in
      Girth)- 5.5
      Goal:
      NBPEL- 8In (9.5 the max)
      Girth- 6in max
      My Journal

Comment