Longer duration stretches Vs shorter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer duration stretches Vs shorter

Have you guys (especially girthier guys) gained more length with shorter duration stretches like 20 seconds or longer stretches such as 1 minute?
    I'm wondering will the greater time under tension yield more results?
    I'll have to try it out and see.

Are you new? If so do a routine like jp90, it tells you how long to stretch for and everything so you don't have to wonder.

Comment

I've completed the jp90 routine, but didn't really feel the stretches in the ligaments. When I stretch I seem to feel a steel like chord preventing me from stretching further. I just wanted to know if stretching for longer would combat this.

Comment

Interesting, never thought of that, would love it if one of the experienced guys would answer that =)!

Comment

No clue about a cord, but it's obviously holding a stretch longer is better.

Comment

I'm also curious about this question haven't thought about that either ..
            So the longer the stretch, the better actually? (as long as you don't push yourself to the limit, feel pain, etc, regardless off all that)

-Brains

Comment

Now that you mention it steve it does seem obviously better. I was just wondering how many people do manual stretches for longer durations and if they've had many length gains off it.
              I'll implement this myself and ease into the stretch.

Comment

I got a different approach to this.
                As i mostly do tension's i start by preparing the stretch and start out slow, and increasing tension gradually. Once i reach the "limit". (Limit beeing before you feel pain by the way) I rinse and repeat.
                Starting Size 2010:
                BPL: 6"
                EG: 4.75"

Current size 2015:
                BPL: 7.3"
                EG: 5"

Comment

I do longer durations of stretch but more based on how much resistance against the pull I am using. My holds are for a minute in all directions 2x only 2 days per week because I do also traction wrapping as well 3x times per week and have went up in time from a hour to 2 hours. Of course all of this is advanced.
                  Begin 7/25/2011:
                  NBPEL 7, BPEL 7.2, MEG 5.6, BEG 6

Current 12/05/2014:
                  FL 5.25, FG 5.2
                  NBPEL 7.8, BPEL 8.1, UEG 5.75, MEG 6.25, BEG 6.7

Long:
                  UEG:MEG 6.5

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...henewuser.html

Comment

Working...
                  X