Thinking of quitting (hanging)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of quitting (hanging)

I'm thinking of quitting hanging out of paranoia. I've been weighing the risks vs the possible benefits in my head and it's basically like this: I'm really pretty content with what I have vs. the risk of permanently damaging my one and only penis. Even if I'd do every single thing correctly, there is still a risk, however minimal it may be. And it's not like injuring your bicep with too heavy weights in the gym and having to rest it for a week or a month (it could be like that if lucky), but it's your darn penis! Sure I would be really happy if I after 6 months of hanging gained say 1/2 inch, but how sad would I be if something happened that couldn't be healed? It would almost be a life ender. Just thinking about it makes me sad. I'm a bit above average in length and girth, it would be great to be huge, but I'm so thankful for what I have. Still, it's tempting to reach for more obviously. Anyone else with similar thoughts?

If you're still considering sticking with manual PE, you have the potential to make gains. It's up to you. You don't have to do PE at all, and you sound at least content with your current size.
    I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
    Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

Comment

Hanging is the only PE I'm doing...

Comment

I'd quit in your shoes. I really do not believe you have the right mindset, or really the drive for it. I'm not being "mean", just realistic and down to earth with you. There's nothing wrong with being cautious, but you are right, you are paranoid. I understand your concerns, though. From our conversations both public and private. That is my assessment. Good on you for realizing hanging is not for you. There are indeed some men who just cannot handle hanging something from their penis. Maybe a stretching routine is more up your alley?
        malehanger
        Banned
        Last edited by malehanger; 04-30-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

It's not really lack of drive, it's paranoia if you will and assessing risks. Simply put it's this: What the beep would I do if something happened?! However minimal the risks. Everything would be over. I'd be "done". I think everyone should be super careful when it comes to PE, and even consider if it's really (really!) worth it all. Also, it's not like I'm just making up nightmare scenarios here, as you know there are people on this very forum who have had pretty horrible injuries from hanging for example. It really can happen. Maybe I'd take the risks if I were way bellow average or something, I can't know that, but for now I think I'm through hanging.

Comment

Ive seen one, maybe two stories of injuries from hanging so far. Do what you like.

Comment

I actually went along and checked the definition for paranoia , and it doesn't at all apply to what I'm talking about. My concerns aren't based on irrationality or delusion at all.

Comment

Big thanks for all the advice and support though, malehanger!

Comment

Originally posted by RickRory View Post
                  as you know there are people on this very forum who have had pretty horrible injuries from hanging for example. It really can happen.
                  Really? I have been on this forum, reading pretty extensively for a year, and haven't heard of it as a concern. In fact, I always thought that hanging would be safer, because you could control the amount of weight, so if there were any injuries, they wouldn't be sudden. It would be something that creeps up slowly, and you would have to ignore any warning signs if it were to develop into something bad.

But then again, what do I know, I drive a motorcycle.
                  Start (04/25/2011): 6.875"BPEL x ~5.375" MSEG
                  Current (2/27/121): 7.625" BPEL (+.75) x -5.875" MSEG (+.5)
                  My Progress Thread

Comment

https://www.pegym.com/forums/penile-...tml#post405005
                    I wonder how he's doing now, hoping for the best.

Comment

I too feel that weight hanging is actually safer and much more controlled. How hard exatly are you pulling with your hands when doing a full blown all out tunica tug for 15 seconds, exactly the same as the last time you did them, no one knows. Same as with an A-Stretch, they are both great stretching exercises but there is definately an I dont know factor.
                      The only things I have seen caused by hanging have been rectified with a few simple adjustments to either the hanger, the placement of it or the wrap. A few guys who let it ride too close to the glans but they actuall felt it and knew it and usually end up stating that they thought they could be alright and bear through one set. Those guys only do that one time and then again, problem is rectified.
                      At the end of the day though if ones gut tells them something i am usually the first one to say follow your gut, sometimes really believing that something can cause injury will sometimes make it so.
                      Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

https://www.pegym.com/forums/penile-...tml#post405005
                        I wonder how he's doing now, hoping for the best.
                        Improperly done and probably with a noose styly hanger if the hanging did indeed cause his issue. I do know that the hard flacid threads are just about 100% created by guys who did manual and most claim the issues began with jelquing. I am not saying one is less dangerous than the other, they are both dangerous with out propper care and technique. So is riding a bike. I still the think the correct move for you is ultimately what you decide is the best for you, if you want to go back to manual then I wish you musch in the way of gains, i hope you gaine better than you did with hanging because after all this is a PE site so we hope for success for all no matter how they decide to get it, even if you stop PE altogether we wish you success in all your endeavors.
                        Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I actually went along and checked the definition for paranoia , and it doesn't at all apply to what I'm talking about. My concerns aren't based on irrationality or delusion at all.
                          Your concerns may not be delusional but they are a bit irrational. I've never seen a single person with an injury that is un-healable on here, they ALWAYS get better at some point. You are probably ok with driving to work every day I bet, but you're probably far more likely to have something awful happen from that than from safe and correct PEing.

That being said, if you are satisfied with your current size there is no reason to continue trying to gain. When I reach my goals I'll stop as well and just do a very light routine for penile health.

EDIT: also, Peyronie's heals naturally (unless it's inherited I'm guessing)
                          PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

RickRory,

It is smart that you continuously weigh the benefits against the risks. This is a personal evaluation that no one else can do for you.

I quit back in 2006 to "take stock". I was not gaining quickly enough to justify the effort and I had started to perform some risky experiments to try to jump start gains.

I returned to hanging 5 years later because I learned of a few things that may have caused my gains to stall.

Since I now feel little to no pressure to gain, I am less likely to perform high risk experiments.

I now approach hanging/clamping as a healthy curiosity. I am retired now so I have time to relax and do a fair amount of PE which I enjoy.

If you decide to stop, don't forget to cement your gains.

PEWarrior2011
                            starting 1/1/2003 BPEL 5.75 .... EG 5.25
                            plateau 1/26/2006 BPEL 7.00... EG 5.75 gain BPEL +1.25 ... EG +0.5
                            restart 9/1/2011 BPEL 6.75 ..... EG 5.5
                            current 5/7/2012 BPEL 7.125 .. EG 5.875 gain BPEL +0.375 ... EG +0.3
                            routine - daily fulcrum hanging/BTB clamping
                            goal - keep gaining

Comment

Manual exercises, if done incorrectly, also pose a risk to your penis...all PE is potentially dangerous

Follow the steps, take your time, be sensible and i'm sure you will be fine
                              My progress log

Comment

Working...
                              X