anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone?

Does anyone have have real logic on why 'overtraining leads to no gaining' or if this is even true

Exercise tends to fatigue and even damage tissue. If proper time is not given to the tissue to heal properly then you have damaged tissue. Damaged tissue then forms a scar which is practically useless and is the body's way of telling you it's pissed off at what you've done to it! How's that?
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
      Exercise tends to fatigue and even damage tissue. If proper time is not given to the tissue to heal properly then you have damaged tissue. Damaged tissue then forms a scar which is practically useless and is the body's way of telling you it's pissed off at what you've done to it! How's that?
      Very good answer, I have heard lots of members talking about training twice per day, 7 days a week. Then wondering where there results are, and why Mr. weezle can't rise from the dead.

Comment

Its the same as people working out for 3 hours a day 5 days a week and wondering why they're not getting stronger
        PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

^Skeletal muscles works differently. I've heard some trainers say that there is no such thing as overtraining, as long as you eat properly. But then diet is a whoooole other story.

I workout my jibblets 3 times a week and see nice results. Quality over quantity (:
          "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
          Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
          Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
          As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Our bodies get injured during training and healed and grow stronger during REST. Its simple and applies to every part of our body.
            The best sound in the whole world is my wife.... having an orgasm!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool View Post
              Quality over quantity (:
              Very very true.
              The best sound in the whole world is my wife.... having an orgasm!!!!

Comment

Yea disregard what I said. I was referring to the whole body, rather than a single muscle group being overworked. My bad.
                "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Originally posted by Goformaxgains View Post
                  Very good answer, I have heard lots of members talking about training twice per day, 7 days a week. Then wondering where there results are, and why Mr. weezle can't rise from the dead.
                  Hey I always give good answers, except for the ones that aren't that good!
                  The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Originally posted by a_ron09 View Post
                      Does anyone have have real logic on why 'overtraining leads to no gaining' or if this is even true
                      If a guy has not injured himself and is simply in the part of the cycle where he needs to back off a little, his EQ (erection quality) is poor.

This is caused by fatigue to the smooth muscle inside the Corpus Cavernosum. This tissue must actually relax in order for it to occlude blood vessels which reduce the blood flow exiting the penis. This allows for tumescence (swelling). The overtraining causes this smooth muscle to tighten (like regular muscle when overstressed) and this prevents the required relaxation and hence no erection or weak erection.

Most guys measure their gains using BPEL so if they are in a constant state of overtraining they will not see gains and will loose the ability to judge the effectiveness of their routine.

I am someone who most would think is overtraining. Actually I overtrain and undertrain in cycles of between 2-4 days. If you do not overtrain occassionally how do you know you are not undertraining ALL THE TIME?

I do not use EQ as my measure for overtraining. I use my stretched length under load as my indicator. It correlates closely with EQ but I have found that stretched length is giving me a finer adjustment on the amount of stress I should be using in my workout.

I am gaining and I do two sessions per day. Each session targets different tissues but there is overlap and the smooth muscle gets tired and my EQ suffers occassionally. When I skip one or two sessions (usually on a weekend) my EQ improves without having to take major rest periods. I rarely skip a whole day.

I doubt there are many guys who overtrain constantly. I think it is more likely that some are injuring themselves due to playing catch-up when they have not been consistent and the gains are not there.

So my advise is to be consistent and vary your stress levels and record your PI's (Physiologic Indicators, example EQ) for feedback.

PEWarrior2011
                      starting 1/1/2003 BPEL 5.75 .... EG 5.25
                      plateau 1/26/2006 BPEL 7.00... EG 5.75 gain BPEL +1.25 ... EG +0.5
                      restart 9/1/2011 BPEL 6.75 ..... EG 5.5
                      current 5/7/2012 BPEL 7.125 .. EG 5.875 gain BPEL +0.375 ... EG +0.3
                      routine - daily fulcrum hanging/BTB clamping
                      goal - keep gaining

Comment

Working...
                      X