Could penis size be genetic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could penis size be genetic?

As we all have heard at some point people try to judge penis size by height hands fingers feet. You name it. Has anyone ever found any truth or link to these things. I would love to see a discussion/ collection of data from this site regarding height/weight and penis size at start of pe. Possibly could include details such at foot size and body type meaning build like skinny stocky ect... Also has there ever been research done to see if size is genetically passed down. For instance 2 short parents have a short kid. It's no surprise and in fact expected they would have short kids. Does this apply to penis size. Father has large penis so kid does too or father has large penis and mothers father has large penis so kid does too. Feel free to move to other forum if this is wrong area.

Penis size is genetic, however there is no medical link between penis size and hand, finger, foot, toe nose, arm, shoe, height, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
      Penis size is genetic, however there is no medical link between penis size and hand, finger, foot, toe nose, arm, shoe, height, etc.
      What he said
      PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

By genetic I mean dominant or recessive. Of course our entire body make up is genetic from our parents but I am wondering if there is a dominant trait to be passed down and when someone has received two recessive genes for a small penis then they have a small one or a micropenis

Comment

Edit. Didn't meant 2 recessive. Or dominant. Mother wouldnt have the trait. Maleness is from the y chromosome

Comment

Yes. All genes have dominant and recessive traits.
            Edit: The mother's DNA would still have those traits. The penis is just another organ, exactly the same as most of our internal organs. They could still pass the trait down, it just won't affect them.
            Last edited by DemOne; 06-07-2012, 10:44 PM.

Comment

So my mommy may hav passed me fat dick genes, sweet.
              Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
                So my mommy may hav passed me fat dick genes, sweet.
                Sounds kinda weird when you put it like that!!

Comment

There are connections to height though. Check out the study done on 3300 italian military guys. They measured flaccid and stretched flaccid. Then in a subset of a few hundred guys they measured the correlation of height and size and there was a very strong coorelation. But its very much so not definite.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
                    There are connections to height though. Check out the study done on 3300 italian military guys. They measured flaccid and stretched flaccid. Then in a subset of a few hundred guys they measured the correlation of height and size and there was a very strong coorelation. But its very much so not definite.
                    No, there are no connections with size and height. There's another study in one of the Asian countries where they did the same thing but tried to find a link between finger size. They claim they found one as well, but there's no real connection.

Flaccid and stretched flaccid size do not represent actual penile size. We know this much from PE alone since there are guys who have their BPFSL larger or smaller than their BPEL, as well as knowing how many things can affect flaccid size such as needing to urinate, stress, exercise, fear, poor blood flow, etc.

Comment

Penile length and circumference: a study on 3,300 y... [Eur Urol. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI

he median values of penile dimensions recorded in the present study are flaccid length 9.0 cm, flaccid circumference, at the middle of the shaft, 10.0 cm, and stretched length 12.5 cm. We also observed that the penile dimensions are highly correlated with height and weight.

Comment

Lay off the studies man. They're going to give you an ulcer.

Trying to find a link between flaccid size and any other body measurement is like trying to actually find the cow that jumped over the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
                          Trying to find a link between flaccid size and any other body measurement is like trying to actually find the cow that jumped over the moon.
                          And let's just say you did establish a connection ...

What then?

Your penis would be your penis and your decisions with regard to PE would be the same.

Comment

I dated a girl who played around with a guy who has 6'5", and very skinny, she said his dick was no longer than 3/4 of a number 2 pencil, but it was very fat, size ain't got a thing to do with it. As for genes yea of course.. But your fathers and mothers lifestyle also has a lot to do with it, ie: where they alcoholics? Drug addicts? Did they live in an environment which contained mass amounts of pollution in the air?
                            ( I have never recorded my progress, but I have never forgotten where I started. )
                            Before ever starting PE 2010: BPEL:6", EG:4.3"-4.4"
                            As of 6/14/13: NBPEL:6.9", BPEL:7.3", MEG:4.9" BEG:5.3"
                            Goal: NBPEL:7.5", MEG:5.5", BEG: 5.5"+

Comment

For the sake of your understanding, imagine my use of the word "allele" as "gene", if you don't clearly understand me.

Penis size is genetic. Many factors contribute to penis size, and many alleles within your DNA will decide what your penis is like, from shape, colour, veins, length, girth, if one part is girthier than another, glans is bigger or smaller, etc... basically everything about your penis is genetically decided, beyond what you do to it during your lifetime and what environmental effects take presidence (like, say... you hack it off with a hatchet).

Whether some of those alleles are dominant or recessive will depend on which trait of the penis we look at. Some of the alleles work in unison to create a single phenotypical trait (observable trait). Some alleles may even effect multiple observable traits. Others might combine together to create a new trait altogether.

Even though you only get your Y chromosome from your father, both the X and Y chromosomes will impact how your penis develops. Your penis is not exactly the same as your father's, due to this, and will actually gain traits from your mother, even though she has no penis.

Welcome to genetics: the game of random shit in your body that never presents itself visibly except a quarter of the time.

Biology is too complicated to just say, "oh lets measure our nose and see if we can correlate it to penis size..." There are tonnes of factors that play into it, and most of them have thousands of variables, leading to infinite possibilities. That is why we are all unique, after all.
                              CaptainJohnson
                              Retired Moderator
                              PEGym Hero
                              Last edited by CaptainJohnson; 06-08-2012, 12:06 AM.
                              "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
                              "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

Comment

Working...
                              X