Jelqing Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jelqing Theory

General theory of jelqing is to do a set of X reps of regulars, then a set of V's, then repeat this sequence two more times. I strongly believe that this idea came from lifting, not PE. Do a set of bench presses, rest for a minute, then do another set, etc. We aren't lifting weights when we jelq, and we are not building up lactic acid in our smooth muscle like we do when lifting and working our skeletal muscle. I think it is much better to do one long set of each exercise rather than sets. Number one reason is you are building up heat in the area you are concentrating on (heat is good). If you are doing your jelqing in sets than when you move on to the next exercise, you are letting that area you were working to cool off and relax. This means when you come back to your next set you are sort of starting all over again. Whatever number of regular jelqs you do, or V's that you do, I think it is better to do them all at one time. Max out your stress to those cells in the area you are working, while maintaining the highest level of heat in that area.

Another theory regarding jelqing is that you shouldn't do it on back-to-back days. I believe this theory also came from lifting. And again, for the same reasons I mentioned above, I think this is not the best way to maximize gains. What I do is one day 1 I do X number of UJ's. Because they are more intense then regular jelqing and I am doing a large number of them, that is all I do. The next day I do X number of UV's in one long set. I then repeat day 1 on day 3, and repeat day 2 on day 4. Then I take a day off. I think that this hits your three key areas, your two CC's with the V's, and your CS with the regulars. Since both exercises hit all three areas (each one hits a particular area more effectively), you are maximizing the stress levels to each one. I am considering doing two days in a row of UJ's, followed by two days in a row of UV's, but I have only been doing the above schedule for a few months so I won't change things up just yet.

I am a slow gainer, so any gains I make are significant. For quick gainers I think the above schedule might really do wonders for their girth.

Some people prefer lighter grips to more intense ones. I absolutely feel that the max grip intensity you can handle is the best one. A lighter grip is not going to push the maximum amount of blood up your shaft and into your glans. In addition, a lighter grip will not stress your smooth muscle cells at a maximum level. Finally, my best CS gains have started to come when I actually started digging my finger tips into my CS as I did my UJ's. Rather than have my finger(s) gliding over my CS as I jelq, I now dig the tips of my fingers into it. This has toughened my CS up as well as enlarged it.

Naturally, your Positive Indicators are crucial to what you do, how many you do, how intense you do them, and how often. My PI's have been fantastic since I started this routine. There have been an occasional day where I felt I needed an extra day of rest, so I took one. That is the whole purpose of reading your PI's. If part of your PI's are going south on you, but you ignore those indicators, then you are asking for trouble.

I am not a doctor, I have not studied human anatomy, etc. I am just a guy who tries to think outside of the box, based on what I perceive to be logical deductions. There are some (perhaps many) who will disagree with part or all I have written here, but for some at least, I feel this could help jump start someone who has been stymied or unable to get their girth moving in a positive direction.
    rbi99
    Retired Moderator
    Member of the Month Nov 2017
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by rbi99; 06-28-2012, 09:52 AM.
    FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
    The Ultimate V (The UV)
    Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
    Heated Bundled LAS
    Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Great post and i believe you are correct.
    pterodactyl

Currently on the Phallosan Forte

Comment

makes sense

Comment

I like your theory. Good way of thinking about Pe workouts.

Comment

Great post and I love the UJ's and have been using them for a while. I'm not sure about doing all reg. jelqs together and all V's together. I've tried it both ways, but can't seem to really see any difference (although my gains were larger when I was alternating - but this may have been due to newbie gains).

I really agree with you on the rest part. I find consecutive days are much better than a 1 off, 1 on system (for me anyways). And for my grip, I use the hardest one where I feel like I'm moving max. blood without any discomfort.
          Starting (02/21/12): 4.81 BPEL x 4.31 mid-EG
          05/23/12: 5.68 x 4.43
          08/22/12: 5.81 x 4.43
          Short-term goal: 6.0 x 4.5

Comment

I had actually just started doing a part of this myself about 2 weeks ago. The part where you do one continuous set instead of breaking it up into multiple sets. I've been doing a 25 min set of jelqs followed by a 15 min set of V jelqs. I also use the max grip I can without causing discomfort, which is pretty tight. I tried the light grips but never felt like I was getting much of a workout.
            I do, however, a 1 day one 1 day off (mon-wen-fri) routine though. More because of time constraints atm but on my offdays (tue and thu) I have incorporated the Biker Passive Stretcher for the whole day.
            5/27/12: BPEL 6.25 EG: 5.125
            6/04/12: BPEL 6.50 EG: 5.500 (think from EQ gains only)

Comment

Originally posted by Edge of Glory View Post
              Great post and I love the UJ's and have been using them for a while. I'm not sure about doing all reg. jelqs together and all V's together. I've tried it both ways, but can't seem to really see any difference (although my gains were larger when I was alternating - but this may have been due to newbie gains).

I really agree with you on the rest part. I find consecutive days are much better than a 1 off, 1 on system (for me anyways). And for my grip, I use the hardest one where I feel like I'm moving max. blood without any discomfort.
              No one way is the correct or best way for everyone, but there are better and worse ways for each individual. It only stands to reason however that the more stress you place on the individual cells the more they will break down. One main way is to hit particular areas harder and longer than normal. One has to be careful however that the longer they do one thing that they don't start to get lazy or let their mind wander - focus and correct technique are very important. Ten lazy or incorrect jelqs are 10 wasted jelqs.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
              Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
              Heated Bundled LAS
              Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

I was thinking this the other day as well. I would think 1 long 10 minute session would be better than 3x3 minute sessions.

But thats assuming that the penis works like a skeletal muscle too because your suggesting it "relaxes" in between sessions.

I still agree with the premise though.

Comment

Originally posted by Consequences View Post
                  I was thinking this the other day as well. I would think 1 long 10 minute session would be better than 3x3 minute sessions.

But thats assuming that the penis works like a skeletal muscle too because your suggesting it "relaxes" in between sessions.

I still agree with the premise though.
                  If the cells are under a lot of tension and stress and then you back away from from them by going to a different area to concentrate on, I would think that some sort of relaxation and/or cooling off will take place. Again, I do not profess to know human anatomy, these are thoughts that I have had and seem to make sense to me. That does not mean they do make sense. I am hoping someone who really knows smooth muscle structure and how it is affected by various jelqing techniques will add their expertise to this discussion.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                  Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                  Heated Bundled LAS
                  Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Yup, I also do my jelqs in one time. Not resting between sets.. That looks indeed too much as bodybuilding.

I think the one day only jelqs, the second day only V-jelqs, .. doesn't matter, as long as you train progressively. If you combine both exercises in one day you'll do less, but you'll reach a point where your dick will start to get quality workouts if you add up a little tension/reps after every week (for example)

Comment

Hoping more experienced guys will discuss this theory.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                      Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                      Heated Bundled LAS
                      Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

rbi, you have over 6" of midsection girth. Your hands are large enough to allow your fingers to pinch the CS?

In any event, I agree with you that the weightlifting analogies may be hampering the way we evaluate PE. That's why I started ditching the word 'workout' in reference to PE, and started calling them 'sessions.' One reason for that is the fact that a lot of people correlate a good gym workout with muscle fatigue and soreness, whereas this can be a negative PI for PE.

I think that session frequency is going to be one of the most interesting things to be determined in terms of routines. I started with 3 days/wk for the exact reason you stated, and am only now upping to 4. Maybe consecutive days of PE isn't counterproductive, like it might be for lifting. I'm starting to think of PE more like foreskin restoration: steady, long-term work, and very slow increases in workload.
                        I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
                        Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdArm View Post
                          rbi, you have over 6" of midsection girth. Your hands are large enough to allow your fingers to pinch the CS?

In any event, I agree with you that the weightlifting analogies may be hampering the way we evaluate PE. That's why I started ditching the word 'workout' in reference to PE, and started calling them 'sessions.' One reason for that is the fact that a lot of people correlate a good gym workout with muscle fatigue and soreness, whereas this can be a negative PI for PE.

I think that session frequency is going to be one of the most interesting things to be determined in terms of routines. I started with 3 days/wk for the exact reason you stated, and am only now upping to 4. Maybe consecutive days of PE isn't counterproductive, like it might be for lifting. I'm starting to think of PE more like foreskin restoration: steady, long-term work, and very slow increases in workload.
                          Though I am 6'5", I can't even come close to palming a basketball, so my hands are not large. Since I am not erect when I jelq, yes, I can get my finger tips to dig into my CS without any problem.

A major problem with PE, unlike lifting, is that you don't know exactly when you have jelqed enough in a session. There are days when I lift that I get a couple extra reps up because everything is going great, and I know when I can't lift any more - because I can't lift any more. With PE, things aren't that cut and dried, so we have to do a whole lot of guessing. Just because your PI's are great doesn't mean that you shouldn't be doing more. In lifting, a new guy has to spend some time to figure out what his best starting weights are, then he proceeds from there. You would never instruct an entire group to only lift X number of pounds, X number of times. Yet we do that all the time in PE. Just like some guys will be able to lift more, others less, the same holds true with PE. JP's beginner program is excellent, but entire groups of guys have been told you have to follow it to the letter - to which I say bullshit. Each guy has to find out what is right for him. JP's program is a great starting point, but I don't think some (maybe most) need to follow it religiously.
                          rbi99
                          Retired Moderator
                          Member of the Month Nov 2017
                          PEGym Hero
                          Last edited by rbi99; 07-10-2012, 08:07 AM.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                          Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                          Heated Bundled LAS
                          Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Right. There are a bunch of variables anyway: grip tightness, grip style, direction, stroke time, etc. And we don't even know (for sure) if such a thing as 'ideal' grip pressure exists - and if it does how much it varies by person.

But the principle, I think, is consistent. Apply just a bit of stress; enough to recover, but not enough to cause damage. Rest and repeat.

I think that the reason JP90 and similar programs work so well is the simple fact that a newbie has never done any PE before, and thus any work is more than previous. This assumes, of course, that the program isn't too much work. For some guys it is.

As time goes on, it will be harder to have a routine that accomplishes the right amount of work, which is why workload needs to be managed. For some, just slowly creeping up on jelq time can be effective. I believe that Goingfor7by11 did something like that early on, but I could be mistaken.
                            I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
                            Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                            X