Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard gaining: When things don't come easily........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard gaining: When things don't come easily........

Recently a long time member RIB2211 posted a thread discussing his history which includes 4 years of dedicated PE and no gains. We have had members, even at least one moderator, give up in frustration and anger after putting in far less effort and getting more results. My own history is mixed: I enjoyed some early easy gains but have since settled into a long plateau. All of our stories are different.

For better or for worse, the truth is that gains come how and when they decide.

The only advice that I can really offer to hard gainers is this:
    -Keep trying new things.
    -Stay active on the forums and involved in this community.
    -Keep your log thread going.
    -Ask for help and share your experiences.

Other thoughts?
    Pirate Diplomacy:
    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Don't give up
    Start(11.24.11) BPEL 6 7/8 EG 4 7/8
    Current stats

Comment

If one doesn't already exist, there should be a hard gainers success sticky for actual hard gainers to share what got them over the hump. There must be enough guys individually (plus coaches like Big Al if he cares to provide any free advice) that can act as a real hard gainers counsel on that type of thread. Trying yet another random routine based on advice from non-hard gainers after 4 years of doing random routines just seems undisciplined to me.
      11/20/2011: BPEL: 6", MEG: 4.75" (goal BPEL: ~7", MEG: 5.25")
      2/18/2012: BPEL: 6.375", MEG: 4.875"
      5/9/12: BPEL: 6.5", MEG 5" (goal BPEL: 7.25", MEG: 5.5")
      7/3/12: BPEL: 6.5", MEG 5 3/16"

Comment

May I ask which moderator got upset and quit?

Comment

i think alot of it comes down to your bodies means of recovery. some people who are hard gainers are constantly adding more when maybe they are the ones that might benefit from the less is more approach. or vice versa and myabe they just need a 7 day schedule.

also consistency, which is why i like either hanging or a pump/jelq routine. consistency and precision of pressure that can be progressed are much easy when using a quantifiable external stimulus. not to mention there is no upper limit of tension with hanging. you can only make so much pressure with your own muscles.

i think people struggling should first address whether they need more or less rest, and more precise exercises before they make a major routine switch.

Comment

Perhaps try a deconditioning phase followed by starting fresh and with something new.

Comment

I must say I mix it up when I get board of doing one type of PE. Recently I started to hang with 2.5 then after a month 5lb in a sock hanger. I can see it getting bigger week to week,and I have been working it for years with steady gains by mistake mostly. I was just pulling for pleasure and started to see things happen.Just mix it up and the body will respond.

Comment

Working...
              X