No announcement yet.

Is the way i m taking on-off days fine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the way i m taking on-off days fine?

I mean that sometimes i might do 5 days off 2 days off and then i don t feel like going on for 5 days and do a 2 days on 1 day off.

I mean that i m changing this pretty often.
    Or sometimes i might do 2 days on 1 off and then 2 days on 2 off because i might not feel ok doing it that day for some reason (like being tired from sex)

can this kill my gains?

This sounds like my story right now. Life happens... At the very least you are maintaining gains.
    Starting: 1/14/12
    BPEL 7.25 x 4.75(both MEG & BEG)

Update 4/15/14
    BPEL 7.75 x 5.25 MEG, 5.625 BEG

Goal:
    BPEL 8.5 x 6.5+

My log

Comment

This will not kill gains. And if you know life doesn't permit 5 on 1 day regimen, why don't you shift to 2 on 1 off? Our bodies like to follow a routine, it'll be good if you can make PE more of an habit and have a definite time to do it.

I,myself, am on a 1 on 1 off regimen. I try to do it around 9:30 pm, just before I go to sleep, but it always doesn't happen because sometimes things get in the way.

Lastly, as long as your doing it, you won't loose anything.

Cris
      "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Comment

It's okay, but I'm a proponent of having some sort of consistency. If doing a 5 on / 2 off consistently is difficult for you, try a permanent 2 on/1 off routine instead. You can still gain, but you may have better gains on a more consistent schedule.
        Starting (02/21/12): 4.81 BPEL x 4.31 mid-EG
        05/23/12: 5.68 x 4.43
        08/22/12: 5.81 x 4.43
        Short-term goal: 6.0 x 4.5

Comment

When i m saying kill my gains...i mean make me gain nothing....cause i have gained less than half cm in 3 months i m doing PE.
          I had been doing 2 on 1 off for about a month but sometimes i just don t have any time to do it because of my gf-studies so i might do 2 on 2 off

I would make better gains if i did 2 on 2 off than changing my schedule all the time,even if i m doing less total exercise on 2 on-2 off?

Comment

My belief is that if you put in a concerted effort to consistently do a routine then you will gain. If time permits and you can PE for an hour then make the time productive and if you must take an extended break 5 days for example then doing things like LAS, Fowfer's, keigals at work, Jai Stretches at the urinal, or 5-10 minutes of JelQ's in the shower will prevent losses. Just do it and don't worry about the days off!
            Commit, start your routine, don't rush, and increase your length, girth, and ultimately confidence in the process. Key: Don't measure everyday and only measure 1X per month.
            Shortdog 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Mathew View Post
              I mean that sometimes i might do 5 days off 2 days off and then i don t feel like going on for 5 days and do a 2 days on 1 day off.

I mean that i m changing this pretty often.
              Or sometimes i might do 2 days on 1 off and then 2 days on 2 off because i might not feel ok doing it that day for some reason (like being tired from sex)

can this kill my gains?
              It probably won't kill the gains you'd get, but it is recommended that you stick to one routine and slowly increase it over time.
              Remember, rest days are when you do the growing, so taking a break isn't going to hurt you. If you aren't gaining from the JP90, it's not because of a poor day-on-day-off consistency schedule... it's likely the exercises themselves.
              Don't rush PE. The beginner routine is more than seeing growth, it's also about conditioning your body and mind for the more intense workouts ahead.
              "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
              Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
              Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
              As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Working...
              X