What does L-Arginine taste like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does L-Arginine taste like?

I've order some L-Arginine, but just wondered what others say it tastes like.

How would I know I have real L-Arginine as I've never had it before. I'm pretty sure I had some positive effects, but maybe that was placebo.

The taste of the white powder I have is fairly neutral, verging towards sweetness, and the smell is some kind of candy smell I can't quite place. I've heard this stuff is supposed to taste like crap and I'm wondering if I was ripped off.

Been taking it for a while haven't tasted anything. Working great for me too, noticed increased sex drive and better blood flow, placebo? Idk but I honestly think it's working.

Comment

The kind i get from GNC tastes like citrus. Tang-like. Not sure what pure would taste like. Here is a good way to figureout if its working. Do as many slow, perfect form pushups as you can. Then some curls with dumbbells. After that flex your pecs and biceps like 25 times. Notice the muscles are fuller? Like awesome full? This is what got me hooked. 4 o 5 grams on an empty stomach. Do those exercises 45 mintues later. If its real you will notice. =)
      pterodactyl

Currently on the Phallosan Forte

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. There's people on other sites saying it's the worst shit they've ever tasted, and I don't understand. It smells nice. Maybe I have L-Arg HCl, or.. they said there's no filler in it so I don't know. Thanks for the testing idea pterodactyl, I will try it

Comment

You're in Australia aren't you? Where did you order from? Bulknutrients.com.au are a reputable site. I might place an order myself soon since I'm getting back into BB.. Plus the PE side is a bonus.

Comment

Yeah I was going to get it from them, and I still might try their's as a comparison. I ordered from nobullsupplements.com.au as they had a 1/2 kg quantity and pickup available. I picked up the package from a local 7-eleven believe it or not, and the guy behind the counter was very smiley. I hope he was just being friendly. I've been putting it in a little water and downing it, and crunching the little left over powder on my teeth. I'm going to taste the powder straight, later on just to see, and I'm going to ask them if they have any other information about the product they're selling as well. It can't be straight L-Arginine from what I've read. It still might be L-Arg but in some other form or with some additives.

Comment

Originally posted by XitemeM View Post
              There's people on other sites saying it's the worst shit they've ever tasted
              A bit ago i bought 500 grams of Arginine ethyl ester powder and for me it's the most revolting supplement i've ever tasted (maybe l-glutamine powder can compete in revoltingness). Although i only use it to take before a weight workout so i can't say if it's helping me PE wise.

I got mine from uk site myprotein.com and on their site you can read customer reviews on all their versions of arginine and you know they are real reviews because they aren't shy in explaining what they think it tastes like.

Comment

straight up bodybuilding.com is the best or just find a local supplement store.

i take optimum nitric boost gets the blood pumping before my workouts!

Comment

Okay I've just tasted it and smelled it again, and I know what it smells like! It full on smells like strawberry milk. I tasted the powder straight up and it's damn near tasteless. It may be slightly sour and acidic and it stung my tongue a little. What is this? I'll have to do pterodactyl's test now.

Thanks for the further feedback. Schlittle I wish mine tasted revolting too at least I'd know it was real.

Comment

I take L-Arginine just like I take creatine, I mix it with it with welch grape juice so it goes in my blood system faster.
                    "Somebody will love your size, especially if you have love to go along with it." -AlphaHanger

HANGING is way of LIFE.

Goals are dreams with deadlines...

Comment

I read that having it with sugar, like in fruit juice, drastically lowers absorption.

Comment

I have a suspicion I was given beta alanine by mistake. hmm

Comment

Why do you think that?
                          pterodactyl

Currently on the Phallosan Forte

Comment

The arginine powder I have from now foods gives off an ammonia taste. I had to get capsules in order to take it. It would ruin anything you put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by pterodactyl View Post
                              Why do you think that?
                              It seems to match other people's description of the taste and smell (bubblegum), I experienced some prickling sensations in my extremities soon after taking it, and it was the other one of two new products at the nobull store. I need to look up some more information about it, see if it's any use to me at all.

Beta-Alanine 0.5kg
                              Beta-Alanine is a non-essential amino acid known to excite scientists and make bodybuilders and other athlete's salivate. This supplement is known to boost muscular anaerobic endurance, increase exercise capacity, boost muscular strength and power output, increase endurance and increase muscle mass. Beta-alanine efficacy is backed by major university, peer-reviewed studies performed on humans, not the typical cell or rat studies upon which many supplement manufacturers generally base claims.

Comment

Working...
                              X