Warming up, a waste of time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warming up, a waste of time?

So I know a lot of people here are always talking about the importance of warming up but I am not so sure I agree with this. The PEGym survey results made it clear that the people who warmed up DID NOT see any more gains than the people who didn't warm up. So the results tell us that warming up doesn't help with PE. In my personal experience I recently decided to stop warming up and have found my workout to be FAR superior than when I did warm up (it also saves time). Perhaps it might help prevent injuries but I highly doubt that. Anyone else out there have the same view or same experience as me?

Would you start lifting weights without warming up? I sure as hell wouldn't.

How is penis enlargement so different?

When I go to the pool, I stretch before entering the pool for my lap swim.

I can jump into the pool and start swimming, but I know I am much more

liable to hurt myself than if I do a good stretch before entering the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
      Would you start lifting weights without warming up? I sure as hell wouldn't.

How is penis enlargement so different?

When I go to the pool, I stretch before entering the pool for my lap swim.

I can jump into the pool and start swimming, but I know I am much more

liable to hurt myself than if I do a good stretch before entering the pool.
      Actually I am big into weight lifting and you are NOT supposed to stretch before you lift (you should start by lifting light weights, but you should NOT stretch). Of course the two are completely different so I am not sure it is relevant.

Comment

There is a poll on here that showed that newbies who don't do warm-ups gain more than people who do warm-ups.

Science also seems to support this. Collegen strands become shorter and weaker when they are heated.

Just make sure the beginning of your routine is low intensity. Much like lifting weights, your "warm-up" is not sticking a heating pad on your chest before you lift weights. You just do some reps with a low amount of weight and then wait a couple minutes before you start again.

When I start my workout. I do some light static stretches for 1-2 minutes and then take a 1 minute break. Generally I give my dick 1-2 minute rests through my entire routine. As I get further into my routine I increase the intensity of my stretches.
        DryJelq
        Last edited by DryJelq; 08-11-2012, 05:04 AM.
        My Scientific Theory on PE
        https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...ma-theory.html

Date BPFSL-BPEL-MEG-BEG
        6/09 6.50-6.25-4.8-5.1
        2/10 7.2-6.75-5.2-5.6
        8/10 7.1-6.9
        7/12 7.4-7.0-5.3-5.6
        7/13 7.6-7.2-5.4-5.7
        10/16 7.8-7.3
        4/20 8.25-7.75-5.8-6.2
        3/22 8.5-8.1-5.7-6.0

Comment

Isn't lifting light weights the same as easing into a more difficult routine? I started out jelqing 5 minutes a day.

Comment

Jelqing 5 minutes a day is a great beginner routine.

I've been doing this for a long time and I still find my best routine is 5 min stretching, 10 min jelqing. 1 day on, 1 day off.

20-30 min edging every day.

Date BPFSL-BPEL-MEG-BEG
            6/09 6.50-6.25-4.8-5.1
            2/10 7.2-6.75-5.2-5.6
            8/10 7.1-6.9
            7/12 7.4-7.0-5.3-5.6
            7/13 7.6-7.2-5.4-5.7
            10/16 7.8-7.3
            4/20 8.25-7.75-5.8-6.2
            3/22 8.5-8.1-5.7-6.0

Comment

Originally posted by DryJelq View Post
              There is a poll on here that showed that newbies who don't do warm-ups gain more than people who do warm-ups.

Science also seems to support this. Collegen strands become shorter and weaker when they are heated.

Just make sure the beginning of your routine is low intensity. Much like lifting weights, your "warm-up" is not sticking a heating pad on your chest before you lift weights. You just do some reps with a low amount of weight and then wait a couple minutes before you start again.

When I start my workout. I do some light static stretches for 1-2 minutes and then take a 1 minute break. Generally I give my dick 1-2 minute rests through my entire routine. As I get further into my routine I increase the intensity of my stretches.
              Yeah I agree, this seems to make the more sense to me then using heat and in my experience I get much better PE workouts (I now start out with 30 light 2 sec stretches before I up the intensity).

Comment

what about 5 min warmup, 5 min stretch, 10 min jelq, and 15 min edging?

ive seen some progress in two weeks since i started

Comment

You might also try edging at a different time of day and extend your edging routine.

Comment

I've done that in the past, but my life has been very busy lately. I don't have the time twice a day for PE. Edging is great, but is really no comparison to having sex. That's really the best edging routine imho.

Date BPFSL-BPEL-MEG-BEG
                    6/09 6.50-6.25-4.8-5.1
                    2/10 7.2-6.75-5.2-5.6
                    8/10 7.1-6.9
                    7/12 7.4-7.0-5.3-5.6
                    7/13 7.6-7.2-5.4-5.7
                    10/16 7.8-7.3
                    4/20 8.25-7.75-5.8-6.2
                    3/22 8.5-8.1-5.7-6.0

Comment

I agree, man!!

Comment

I've had okay routines without warming up before, but there were also times when I'd have noticeable skin trauma (red dots and such) when not warming up, and other times when I seemed especially stretchy after an extended warm up. In any case, perhaps warming up helps slow down skin darkening that is a common side effect for PE'ers.

Comment

Originally posted by XitemeM View Post
                          I've had okay routines without warming up before, but there were also times when I'd have noticeable skin trauma (red dots and such) when not warming up, and other times when I seemed especially stretchy after an extended warm up. In any case, perhaps warming up helps slow down skin darkening that is a common side effect for PE'ers.
                          I seem to get more skin issues when I warm up, I don't get any skin issues when I do not use heat to warm up. Everyone is different though.

Comment

If that's the case that really is a prime example of how people are different yeah. I have to admit I'm not that fond of warm ups, protecting my balls and the time it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by XitemeM View Post
                              If that's the case that really is a prime example of how people are different yeah. I have to admit I'm not that fond of warm ups, protecting my balls and the time it takes.
                              I think my problem is warming up using water based heat, for some reason it lends itself towards more painful skin pulling when I stretch. My skin is pretty sensitive and water doesn't seem to help the cause. But yeah I am not a fan of warming up either, so when I saw the survey results and thought about it a bit I decided to try PE without warming up and it seems to have helped (as well as saving me time which in turn makes me more excited to work out).

Comment

Working...
                              X