Can you explain a lig pop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you explain a lig pop?

Can anyone explain a lig pop. What the benefit? And how to achieve one?
    Starting 3-10-12
    Bpel 6.125
    Eg 4

Current
    Bpel 7
    Eg 4.62

Short term
    Bpel 7
    Eg 5

Long term 8x6=WINNING

I don't know if it is one, but I feel sometimes this happens when doing rotary stretches. I don't like the sensation, although it doesn't hurt. I thought it might be similar to cracking your knuckes. Just dissolved gases coming out of solution due to small vacuums being created between sinews or whatever. As you can tell I'm no expert on lig pops. Maybe JonPop knows about lig pops. Hey that would be a good username. LigPop

Comment

Originally posted by XitemeM View Post
      I don't know if it is one, but I feel sometimes this happens when doing rotary stretches.
      This is the only way I know of as well to cause that to happen.

From my experience, when stretching sort of diagonally outwards and to one side, certain ligs are being pulled on pretty intensely. You can feel this "pop" if you move the stretch from that position sort of up and down almost. It's a trial and error thing, but the other night I had and very noticeable pop half way into my stretch routine, which is pretty advanced. As I got more advanced, that's when I started noticing the ability to go back and forth and "pop" pretty normally. So from what I know, a lot of stretch experience might be required before getting them. For whatever reason, I feel like it must be positive feedback, almost like your penis is giving way for more expansion in the stretch.
      "Heroes get remembered. Legends never die."
      Starting BPEL: 7.2" MSEG: 4.75" (Infrequent since 7/2011)
      Current BPEL: just over 8" MSEG: 5.125" (9/2012)

Comment

I try to avoid it when it happens. It's not a nice feeling IMO. I've read a lot about it and according to the veterans, it's not dangerous.
        BPEL: 5.92 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 6.7 6.8 6.9 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5
        MEG: 4.72 5.0 5.05 5.1 5.15 5.2 5.25 5.3 5.35 5.4 5.45 5.5
        BEG: ? 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 5.9 6.0

Comment

Is it alright for the pop to happen often?

Comment

I remember reading a really really old post on them (2006 or something) and it said they can cause slight decrease in EQ for a few days but also during those few days you can gain a bit quicker, obviously not noticibly so but still quicker than normal. But I don't know how credible that is as its pretty old
            I'm back!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakebfs View Post
              I remember reading a really really old post on them (2006 or something) and it said they can cause slight decrease in EQ for a few days but also during those few days you can gain a bit quicker, obviously not noticibly so but still quicker than normal. But I don't know how credible that is as its pretty old
              Yea, I found that article too. But I just had lig pops literally two days ago, and my EQ hasn't decreased (gone up with my new edging routine, though). I can't speak for the gains part very much just yet since I'm just getting back into serious PE just recently here. But when I did gain--in length--I do remember the lig pops being a big deal. Looking back at the log I kept, it did tend to be everytime I'd see an 1/8th inch or so increase, the lig pop would have taken place shortly before. Sometimes a week, sometimes a few days.
              "Heroes get remembered. Legends never die."
              Starting BPEL: 7.2" MSEG: 4.75" (Infrequent since 7/2011)
              Current BPEL: just over 8" MSEG: 5.125" (9/2012)

Comment

Working...
              X