Which Vitamin Tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Vitamin Tablet?

I keep seeing that people are taking vitamin tablets to help with the PE exercises. Can someone tell me which vitamin tablet I can take which will help) I have Wellman and Optimen in the house - is there a better one specifically for my penis? Thanks!

Vitamins can't help with PE exercises. Supplement for your health, not your penis. If you want to know which multi-vitamin is right for you, take a look at your diet and calculate what you are getting and what you are not getting, then search for a supplement that makes up for what your diet isn't getting you (or alter your diet to be healthier).

Comment

Depends what your doctor says you're lacking. If you're young and healthy then you don't need any supplements unless your diet is horrible.
      Vitamins and supplements are for your health, but some like l-arginine can make your erections harder, but so can exercise to increase bloodflow.
      None of them will make your penis gain size faster though.

Comment

I just take a very general one, and I don't see the point of really strong ones because they don't get fully absorbed anyway. Although... I've ran out of my normal multivitamin and have been taking a double dose of Zinc complex the last few days and I'm feeling great. So, that's the answer then Zinc complex. Zinc is great for men. Aids in testosterone production, which is associated with muscle growth and feeling good. I don't really know if I'm lacking it in my diet, but my Mum said the white spots on my finger nails as a kid (I still have a few) indicated zinc deficiency, so I might have a low absorbance issue.
        Don't argue with my Mum

Comment

Originally posted by XitemeM View Post
          I just take a very general one, and I don't see the point of really strong ones because they don't get fully absorbed anyway. Although... I've ran out of my normal multivitamin and have been taking a double dose of Zinc complex the last few days and I'm feeling great. So, that's the answer then Zinc complex. Zinc is great for men. Aids in testosterone production, which is associated with muscle growth and feeling good for guys. I don't really know if I'm lacking it in my diet, but my Mum said the white spots on my finger nails as a kid (I still have a few) indicated zinc deficiency, so I might have a low absorbance issue.
          Don't argue with my Mum
          Zinc is also toxic in high doses and the majority of people under 50 get more than enough Zinc throughout the day, even from a crappy diet. Most people don't realize it but they're doing themselves long term harm while taking Zinc supplements when they have no need to.

Comment

I take New Chapter Everyman. I think they are they best out there. Definitely in the top 3. They are organic whole food non GMO vitamins. They won't really do anything for PE, but they seem to keep me healthy! In fact they were the first vitamin I ever took that actually made me "feel' something. They gave me a tad more energy about 3 days after I stated taking them.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
              Zinc is also toxic in high doses and the majority of people under 50 get more than enough Zinc throughout the day, even from a crappy diet. Most people don't realize it but they're doing themselves long term harm while taking Zinc supplements when they have no need to.
              Agreed, check below for more info:

Zinc — QuickFacts
              Zinc — Health Professional Fact Sheet
              WHFoods: zinc
              A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
                I think, not sure, but it looks like you need to take quite massive doses to reach toxic levels.

This is from Zinc — Health Professional Fact Sheet

Health Risks from Excessive Zinc

Zinc toxicity can occur in both acute and chronic forms. Acute adverse effects of high zinc intake include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, and headaches [2]. One case report cited severe nausea and vomiting within 30 minutes of ingesting 4 g of zinc gluconate (570 mg elemental zinc) [80]. Intakes of 150–450 mg of zinc per day have been associated with such chronic effects as low copper status, altered iron function, reduced immune function, and reduced levels of high-density lipoproteins [81]. Reductions in a copper-containing enzyme, a marker of copper status, have been reported with even moderately high zinc intakes of approximately 60 mg/day for up to 10 weeks [2]. The doses of zinc used in the AREDS study (80 mg per day of zinc in the form of zinc oxide for 6.3 years, on average) have been associated with a significant increase in hospitalizations for genitourinary causes, raising the possibility that chronically high intakes of zinc adversely affect some aspects of urinary physiology [82].

The FNB has established ULs for zinc (Table 3). Long-term intakes above the UL increase the risk of adverse health effects [2]. The ULs do not apply to individuals receiving zinc for medical treatment, but such individuals should be under the care of a physician who monitors them for adverse health effects.
                Table 3: Tolerable Upper Intake Levels (ULs) for Zinc [2]
                0–6 months 4 mg 4 mg
                7–12 months 5 mg 5 mg
                1–3 years 7 mg 7 mg
                4–8 years 12 mg 12 mg
                9–13 years 23 mg 23 mg
                14–18 years 34 mg 34 mg 34 mg 34 mg
                19+ years 40 mg 40 mg 40 mg 40 mg
                ... and natural sources of Zinc

Oysters, cooked, breaded and fried, 3 ounces 74.0 493
                Beef chuck roast, braised, 3 ounces 7.0 47
                Crab, Alaska king, cooked, 3 ounces 6.5 43
                Beef patty, broiled, 3 ounces 5.3 35
                Breakfast cereal, fortified with 25% of the DV for zinc, ¾ cup serving 3.8 25
                Lobster, cooked, 3 ounces 3.4 23
                Pork chop, loin, cooked, 3 ounces 2.9 19
                Baked beans, canned, plain or vegetarian, ½ cup 2.9 19
                Chicken, dark meat, cooked, 3 ounces 2.4 16
                Yogurt, fruit, low fat, 8 ounces 1.7 11
                Cashews, dry roasted, 1 ounce 1.6 11
                Chickpeas, cooked, ½ cup 1.3 9
                Cheese, Swiss, 1 ounce 1.2 8
                Oatmeal, instant, plain, prepared with water, 1 packet 1.1 7
                Milk, low-fat or non fat, 1 cup 1.0 7
                Almonds, dry roasted, 1 ounce 0.9 6
                Kidney beans, cooked, ½ cup 0.9 6
                Chicken breast, roasted, skin removed, ½ breast 0.9 6
                Cheese, cheddar or mozzarella, 1 ounce 0.9 6
                Peas, green, frozen, cooked, ½ cup 0.5 3
                Flounder or sole, cooked, 3 ounces 0.3 2
                * DV = Daily Value. DVs were developed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to help consumers compare the nutrient contents of products within the context of a total diet. The DV for zinc is 15 mg for adults and children age 4 and older. Food labels, however, are not required to list zinc content unless a food has been fortified with this nutrient. Foods providing 20% or more of the DV are considered to be high sources of a nutrient.
                I'm not a big meat eater myself, but you're right - should be plenty of Zinc in normal food for most people. Check out the Zinc content in 3 ounces of Oysters though

Comment

You don't need to take massive doses, but 60+mg a day over years will do long term harm. 140mg at once though, not a good idea.

Comment

You know there's also an issue with green tea for people who don't eat meat, or not very much meat. Coffee and normal tea too, but green tea is the worst for inhibiting the absorption of iron from plant sources. Hmm. Just thought I'd mention that seeing as how green tea is popular with members on this site. If you're a meat eater you can drink as much tea as you want.

Tea and Iron

Vegos can still drink green tea but shouldn't have it with food or soon after eating.

Comment

Zinc and Iron compete for absorption in the intestines, so large doses over long periods would cause iron deficiency.

There is no bio-available way for the body to store zinc for future use, like iron is stored in the blood stream, calcium in bones ..etc

It's also not easily absorbed on its own (10-40% only depending on different factors) and interferes with other minerals (calcium, copper), especially for people who don't eat protein.

So its probably best to take zinc with a form of protein (except for milk, take it at least 2 hours after milk) and allow some time (2 hours) between other supplements.

However I think that the best source of minerals and vitamins is food. Supplementation should only be considered for those with eating disorders, certain deficiencies, or malabsorption.
                      A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Oh and vegetarians needs to be careful about phytic acid

Phytic acid not only grabs on to or chelates important minerals, but also inhibits enzymes that we need to digest our food, including pepsin, needed for the breakdown of proteins in the stomach, and amylase, needed for the breakdown of starch into sugar. Trypsin, needed for protein digestion in the small intestine, is also inhibited by phytates.3
                        Source: Living With Phytic Acid - Weston A Price Foundation (reported as an attack site by firefox)

Comment

Mmm amalyse enzyme. They're what break down malted barley into delicious maltose for making beer.

Phytic acid eh? Gee it gets complicated doesn't it.. The body is incredibly complex, with the cascading chemical reactions and effects. I feel that mostly my body seems to know what it wants to eat. Does anyone else get that? Luckily for me I like mostly good tasting healthy foods, so I pretty much give in to all my various food cravings

Comment

I am vegetarian and eat pretty healthily (am reasonably fit too) but I thought a vitamin tablet would help with growth etc. I drink protein shakes etc because i'm building muscle atm and take Wellman or Optimen (swap weekly between them as Optimen is kinda 'heavy'). I wasn't sure if it contained enough zinc or stuff. I give out a good sized load once a day but when I go again its not so great. Still can keep a good erection though... so I'm not sure if I need any other special supp?

Comment

Zinc is exerted in urine, sweat and ejaculation, it is a micro nutrient (not required in large quantities) and proteins, garlic and onions help with bio-availability and metabolism of both iron and zinc especially from plant sources.

Most vegetarians rely on lentils, beans, seeds and legumes and those are filled with phytates, so thry need a special treatment before cooking to help reduce/break phytates so the nutrients are more available to the body.

Phytates are anti-nutrients, they act as a natural preservative to the plant, animals have enzymes that can break it so they can benefit from their food, while humans have very little to none of those enzymes so we have to sprout or soak and cook food to be absorbable.
                              MrB8
                              Member of the Month Nov 2013
                              Last edited by MrB8; 08-30-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X