Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clamping device alternatives

Hi,

Is there anything else but "cable clamps" to use for clamping?
    I have not found these in Sweden.
    BPEL...7.0 ...7.75....8
    EG......4.9 . .5.4 ..,.6

Start 2009

Metal hose clamps over wrapping can be substituted, but keep a screw driver handy to release the constriction when needed. Some hose clamps are constructed with thumb screws, which would be a better way to go. I have neve been able to find the ones with thumb screws.
    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Interesting, but sounds dangerous at the same time. Perhaps I can use some household equipment?
      BPEL...7.0 ...7.75....8
      EG......4.9 . .5.4 ..,.6

Start 2009

Comment

I have used the hose clamps with the thumb screws works pretty good. Just have to keep a closer eye out for any problem signs cause you cannot release pressure as fast as a cable clamp. Or you can try 1 inch wide Velcro strips and wrap up when soft, that was my first try into clamping if cable clamps are hard to find in your area.
        Islandboy916
        Last edited by Islandboy916; 09-15-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I use releasable(reusable) zip ties. I believe they are also referred to as wire ties. I used ace bandage wrap as my wrap then place one tie at the very base, sometimes one or two more proceeding up the shaft. Very intense. I also use these same items for hanging, plus clothing line type rope. Hanging I've used up to 35 pounds with no failure from the ties

Comment

Hose clamps with thumb screws can be found at Auto Zone, Checkers, Schucks and many other auto parts stores. They work well but I would make sure you have a good barrier between them and you pecker!
            Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
              Hose clamps with thumb screws can be found at Auto Zone, Checkers, Schucks and many other auto parts stores. They work well but I would make sure you have a good barrier between them and you pecker!
              Thanks for the information. I have tried all the hardware and big box stores in the area without success. Can't believe I never thought of an auto parts store.

I used self sticking medical tape with my first extender. Should work well with hose clamps too.
              Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
              12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
              12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
              01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
              01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
              01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Found a strap for holding skies together, with a little metal closer, tried it worked great! With a mousepad strip underneath.Its easier to tighten with that type of strap, but there are ones with velcro, might be good as well.
                BPEL...7.0 ...7.75....8
                EG......4.9 . .5.4 ..,.6

Start 2009

Comment

Working...
                X