Very Big, Just Not Where It Counts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Big, Just Not Where It Counts...

I've always been the chubby guy, but once I got into high school, I hit the obese mark. I lost a bunch of weight, but gained it all(plus 50 pounds) back once I graduated and got a job. Not only am I obese, but I also have a relatively small penis(5.2 BPEL). My penis is not visible at all due to the fat pad resting on it. I have been doing exercises for a while now, and have gained some length, but the fat is still a big issues. I probably should be on a fitness site forum, but I thought I'd ask my fellow members here. Is there any advice for me?

I think you would do best trying to get rid of that fat, firstly. You will improve not only your sexual life, but also your global health. Start exercising again and eat healthy and you will have better blood flow which will bring numerous benefits, and will improve your erectoin quality and make your unit look bigger. If you are as fat as you say, you could gain 2 inches NBPEL and have better erections and more stamina.
    BPEL: 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6, 8.7, 8.8, 8.9, 9.0.
    EG: 5.9, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3.

Comment

Cardio, and burn more calories than you take in. That's all slimming down is to be honest.
      Feb. 2012
      NBPEL: 6.25
      EG: 5.25

July 2012
      NBPEL: 6.5
      EG: 5

May 2013
      NBPEL: 7
      EG: 5.25

Goal: NBPEL:7.25 EG:5.5

Comment

I really want to lose the weight again, but it's a bit more difficult this time. Before, I lived with my grandparents, who have much healthier habits. Now I live back with my parents, who eat out at least 3 times a week. But I will start a schedule to work out, and hopefully I'll get my weight down. I might consider moving back in with my grandparents, there is a gym just a few blocks away and I loved working out all the time. Plus if I get that increase in length, that'd be pretty pleasing too.

Comment

Keep at it loanshark. Sounds like you're on the right track with diet and exercise. If you really want this, you'll make it happen.

Coming from a guy with the opposite problem (needing to bulk up) - you'll really have to prioritize your eating and exercise in the moment. What's more important: Your favorite TV show or the gym? Eating that snack or losing weight? These little, seemingly negligible decisions that you make, add up over time.

If you allow your self to slightly relax your diet rules on one day of the week, say Sunday, you may find yourself more able to hold to strict dietary rules during the week. Win.
          I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
          Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdArm View Post
            If you allow your self to slightly relax your diet rules on one day of the week, say Sunday, you may find yourself more able to hold to strict dietary rules during the week. Win.
            That is actually a great idea. On Sundays I usually watch football with the family. Usually we pig out, but I can just grab a small plate and eat a tiny version of my normal Sunday meals.

Comment

yeh a cheat day every week is essential, don't go overboard and eat 5 mcdonalds lol, but be a lot more relaxed. Then strict through the week.

Long steady state cardio is actually very inefficient at burning bodyfat, this is compounded as most people do it at too high a heart rate zone. For example an hour of cycling jogging isn't actually that useful. If you want to do some steady state cardio, stick to slower pace like walking - you want your heart rate at about 120bpm, and do it in the am before breakfast. This is when bodyfat is most susceptible to being used as the primary energy source, as you are glycogen depleted from the 'fasting' of being asleep all night with no food.

Higher intensity training, using intervals can be a lot more efficient at losing bodyfat. Not due to the calories burned during the actual exercise, but because it helps boost the metabolism and sparks off something called the EPOC effect. (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) Some people can benefit from this increased oxygen/calorie consumption for up to 24 hours after just a 10-20minute session.

For example you might choose the treadmill or stationary bike - just experiment with different protocols like 1minute very high effort, followed by 2 minutes at a much slower pace. Or 30seconds fast, 90seconds slow. It all depends on your current fitness levels, as its quite demanding. It should only really be done 2-3 times a week, if you really put max effort in. Do something like this for as little as 10minutes, up to 20 odd, then on the inbetween days you could do some heavy weight training, circuit training, steady state cardio - anything. As long as your calories are in check the weight will come off.

Its also not just as simple as calories in vs calories out. You need the right calories. ALWAYS have a good breakfast - this is key to kick-starting your metabolism for the day. Make it something with wholemeal bread, porridge oats, fruit etc. Try and avoid white breads, white processed carbs like sugars, white rice, pasta etc. The wholemeal equivalents offer a much better slow release form of energy and as such keep hunger at bay to stop the need for snacking between meals.

Basically try and stick to all the natural foods. Processed foods are usually just wasted calories that give you a quick insulin spike, then you feel hungry again 30mins later. Butter, cheese and things many people would say are 'fattening' are all ok too - they're healthy fats that you need (as long as they're not processed) and will not pile the pounds on! Its a common misconcepton that people need 'low fat' foods to lose weight. All these packet microwave meals with 'low fat' on the labels - yes they're low fat - they're also full of sugar and all kinds of other crap that do more harm than good! lol

Nasty processed carbs are the problem with the whole 'obesity epidemic' imo, and yet there's a whole economy of 'health foods' that compound the problem.

Anyway, i've ranted and rambled on wayyyy too much now, sorry

Comment

I really appreciate all the feedback and advice. I'm surprised to have gotten one, let alone 4 responses, especially this soon. I really hope I can drop this weight off again. especially while I'm younger, that way I don't have to worry about being 40 and like 600 pounds.

Comment

Watch your favorite show at the gym!

Comment

Diet and exercise.

Comment

You can absolutely drop the weight. It's mind over matter. You've been given some GREAT advice above. It's really about eating several small meals per day that are HEALTHY meals. Lean proteins, veggies, wheat or whole grain carbs.........if you're doing this and exercising, the weight will come off.
                      It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Learns View Post
                        Cardio, and burn more calories than you take in. That's all slimming down is to be honest.
                        Yeah slimming down is burning more than you take in but cardio isn't the most effective method of losing burning calories. Free weights are more effective. Also the more muscle you build the higher your BMR (basal metabolic rate) so the more calories you need just to maintain your current size. (Increasing your muscle m ass will help your body to burn more fat).

Don't overdo it either.t No point wasting yourself. Rest days are good. Just eat healthily - 70-80% of your body is what you eat .. exercise is the other 20-30%.

I'm a Personal Trainer, if you want any advice your more than welcome to PM me. Good luck with achieving your goals.
                        Starting stats (12/10/2011)
                        NBPEL x EG - 6.25in x 5.8

Don't tell me what I can't do

Comment

Originally posted by BrianStorm View Post
                          Yeah slimming down is burning more than you take in but cardio isn't the most effective method of losing burning calories. Free weights are more effective. Also the more muscle you build the higher your BMR (basal metabolic rate) so the more calories you need just to maintain your current size. (Increasing your muscle m ass will help your body to burn more fat).

Don't overdo it either.t No point wasting yourself. Rest days are good. Just eat healthily - 70-80% of your body is what you eat .. exercise is the other 20-30%.

I'm a Personal Trainer, if you want any advice your more than welcome to PM me. Good luck with achieving your goals.
                          Diet is way more important that exercise for weight loss. Thats not to say exercise should be neglected, but you most likely need to change your eating habits. How much you eat is more important that what you eat. I would recommend checking out BB.com and gathering the tools and knowledge to get to a healthy weight before you focus on your penis. Be ware of weight loss and fitness myths too.
                          July 2016 - - - - Oct 2016 - - - - - Mar2017 - - - Apr2017 feb2019(after mild peyronies)
                          bpel 5.75 - - - - - -6.0 - - - - - - 6.125" - - - - - - 6.25 ---- 6.0" nbpel 5 5/8
                          meg 4.75 - - - - - -4.75 - - - - - - 4.75" - - - - - -4 .875

Long Term Goal. 6" nbpel and 5.25" girth.

Comment

I think for this first week, I'll be focusing on diet, but I will be lifting for about 40-60 minutes every day as well.

Comment

I have to agree with SuperDude on this one; diet is more important than anything else. My advice is to keep a food diary and be honest about what you are eating. The second step is to set a realistic goal for weight loss, maybe in the 300-500 g per week range. While you might be able to drop more, if you keep the amount you aim to drop lower, you will not have to create as large a calorie deficit as a higher weight loss target requires. You also need to work out the amount of calories you need per day. If you do a search, you should find a Harris-Benedict formula. I use this and is pretty accurate. Once you know what you can eat per day, work out a diet plan that lets you strike a balance between the types of food you are used to and the types of food you need to eat. For example: if you like burgers, learn how to make a low fat burger with some homemade, oven-baked fries. Remember that as you drop weight, your daily caloric intake will drop as well, so you will need to recalibrate as you go.
                              I would avoid the temptation of a "cheat day", as it can undo a week of work in no time and doesn't reinforce a positive relationship with food. Remember, there are no bad foods, there are just foods to eat more of and less of. If you assign foods to categories, it attaches emotion to food that should not be there. Foods to eat more of have not been generally been heavily processed, so vegetables, whole grains, raw nuts are great choices. If you think you need meat, steer away from cured and processed meats and instead select lean cuts. These are the eat-less foods are the highly-processed ones. Food should not be a reward-based system, it is about fueling your body. If you had a sports car, you would put the best fuel and oil in it, so treat yourself like a sports car. The one thing you will need to learn is that to go forward, you need to leave the past behind, and cheat days are not leaving the past behind.
                              The second factor is to learn to be patient. If it took you 10 years to get to a certain size, don't expect to lose that weight in six weeks. Patience is a virtue, and in the field of weight-loss, it is vital. In addition to patience, you need discipline, as this will strengthen your resolve and reinforce your commitment.
                              In relation to exercise, there are a range of options open to you. Consistency is far more important than anything else. Remember that it takes about six weeks to get into a new routine, so give yourself time to settle into it. If you are substantially overweight, you may find that water walking is a great start, as you benefit from both hydrostatic pressure in two ways: it reduces the impacts on your joints and provides a resistance in all plains. Cycling is also a good option, as it is supported, which again reduces strain on your joints. Before you start any exercise program, get a check up from your doctor. If you can afford it, buy a heart rate monitor and wear it while you train. My girlfriend has one made by Polar and this unit records here calorie burn during exercise. This seems to be pretty accurate as she uses this to track her activity for dieting purposes too. As with your calorie calculator, you will need to adjust this as you lose weight.
                              Resistance training is a definite in your program; however, you can do this in a number of ways. There are kettlebells, sandbags, aquabags, bulgarian bags, slosh pipes, slam balls, medicine balls and conventional weights (barbells and dumbbells). Avoid machines, they are useless. A good mix of weights might be squats, deadlifts, overhead presses and rows. If you use kettlebells, there are swings, cleans, snatches, pistol squats etc... If you get a variety happening, you will always enjoy your workouts. If money is tight, look into making your own gear. There is evidence that short, intensity training can work better than steady state, but you need to have some base level of fitness for this to work. If you can't push hard enough, the benefits are limited. In relation to personal experience with weights, I found that the heaviest I weighed was when I did Olympic lifting (squats, deadlifts, snatch, clean and press), but I carried excess fat. The lightest has been on a regime of pure cardio, with a mix of sprints, steady state and endurance training. My regime now is a mix of cycling and running, with regular resistance in the form of kettlebell and sandbag training. Irrespective of what you do, doing something is the critical factor. I don't entirely buy into the HIIT hype, as I average 155 bpm for an hour when I run (I call it my whimper zone) which is the same as my peak when I do HIIT, but my average heartrate is about 135-140 bpm. The HIIT work has increased my muscle mass, so I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying there are many ways to skin a cat... The other thing to do is increase your incidental work, so start washing dishes by hand, chopping all your vegies, walking to the shop (if it is within a reasonable distance of course), walking stairs instead on taking the lift etc. All that incidental work adds up...
                              The final thing is to learn to love and accept yourself. I don't mean in a narcissistic kind of way, I mean in a genuine, happy with who I am kind of way. The better you feel about yourself, the greater your improvements will be. Improve yourself from a position of renewal, acceptance and a desire to understand the limits of who you can be. Oh yeah, take some photos and measurements every month and keep track of your progress. At some stage you might forget where you were, or not notice how much you have improved. A record helps to see where you have been, and where you are going...
                              Best of luck, looking forward to hearing how you go..
                              (and for the record, I'm a trained fitness instructor and a biologist...)
                              Beginning (19OCT12): Flaccid - 5" long, about 4.5" girth. Erect - 7" long, 4.75" girth
                              Four weeks (18NOV12): Erect - 7" long, 4.85" girth
                              Goal: Erect - 7.5" long, 6" girth.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/blogs/woody1/

Comment

Working...
                              X