Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is absolute consistency really that important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is absolute consistency really that important?

I'm doing the JP90 routine, except I don't follow any particular on/off schedule. I will PE for 4-5 days in a row, take one day off. After the off day, I may PE for 2 days and take another off. After that, another 4 days on. Sometimes I get home from work quite late and simply don't have the time. Very rarely do I take more than one day off though.

Presuming that no negative PIs are present, would this type of schedule make any difference?

Consistant workout schedule will help you get to your end goal sooner. But it is a good idea to have a day off during your workout. Otherwise just hang in there and target to stay as close as you can to your planned workout schedule. Life does have a way of getting in the way, so just work around life challenges as best as you can and hang in there. Good luck in your workouts.

Comment

I see what you're saying JDC. Perfection isn't necessary, and doing your routine as your schedule allows is the most practical thing you can do. It's okay, so long as those 4-5 day stretches of 'on' days don't over train you.

It sounds like you're pretty much getting all the work in and since there are no magic PE frequencies that I'm aware of, keep with it.
      I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
      Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

Comment

no you will still gain just as well as a 2-1 or whatever schedule. HOWEVER I'd highly suggest you make a log! For me, creating a log this recent week has dramatically helped and gives me perfect insight on exactly what I did, and when. This way you can always look back, find patterns, and most importantly see what works for you. + it would solve your problem
        I have no problem being with just one woman, but I can't not eat all the donuts.

Current: 7.2" x 5.25"
        Next stop: 7.5" x 5.4"

Comment

Creating a log is a great idea. But in my opinion, you dont need to be perfect with consistency. An extra day off here or there wont make a difference. Even if you change the workout a little bit every now and then its not a problem. As long as you are regularly causing your unit to stretch and expand, you will be fine.

I have a 2 completely different routines that fit into a schedule thats worked great for me. But sometimes I have to alternate that schedule for whatever reason. It dont matter as long as I get back to it ASAP and dont take long time periods off.

Comment

IMO, doing some infrequent PE during a busy time in your life is better than waiting to have a consistent schedule in the future.
            "Heroes get remembered. Legends never die."
            Starting BPEL: 7.2" MSEG: 4.75" (Infrequent since 7/2011)
            Current BPEL: just over 8" MSEG: 5.125" (9/2012)

Comment

Working...
            X