Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micropenis Treatment

Was reading about treatments for kids with micropenis and hit this

Response of micropenis to topical testosterone and go... [J Urol. 1978] - PubMed - NCBI

Basically they had large success using cream+injections in the boys, but they mention that in adults the growth was minimal.

Does anyone know of any other articles of a similar nature that have adults more in mind?
    Does anyone know why this is less effective in adults than it is with kids?

Please only reply if you know or have resources on the matter, no guessing games or "it just doesn't".

EDIT: Also if anyone has purchased or used something similar and experienced results please comment, I'm unsure if test for bodybuilding would have the same affect but there are bound to be a few roiders in here.

I have wrote a post on the site called micro pen is. This in regard to a friend who has this condition. If after reading you have any questions, please send me a message.

Comment

There has been a lot of testing in adults and the results have been slim to none, from what I understand. The affects of topical treatment is also minimal if you do not actually have a testosterone deficiency to start with.
      "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
      "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

Comment

I have read a lot on the topic of secondary hypogonadism, the lack of sufficient testosterone production during puberty. During puberty the body produces a special growth harmone which is involved in the growth of the penis. This harmone is only active during puberty and once puberty is over, the harmone is no longer produced and there is no further growth of the penis.

If secondary hypogonadism is uncovered during puberty, it can often be reversed through the introduction of exogenous testosterone. Also, post puberty, individuals who suffered with hypogonadism during puberty can be helped with testosterone treatments, but the odds of success and the extent of additional growth are significantly lower than if the treatments were administered during puberty.

If the individual did not suffer from secondary hypogonadism, it is very unlikely that testosterone treatments administered post puberty will have any effect on penile growth.

I will try to find some of the articles I read; however, if you google secondary hypogonadism, you will find a wealth of information.
        Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
        12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
        12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
        01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
        01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
        01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
        Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

The reason I read up on secondary hypogonadism is that I had a smaller than average penis and I thought I might have suffered from the malady during puberty. I also suffer from ED (double whammy - small and limp) so I met with an uroligest who prescribed T-gel for my low T level. I was hoping that if I had actually suffered from secondary hypogonadism during puberty, the T-gel might add a bit of additional growth. Unfortunately, I doubt it had any effect and what growth I did experience since I started T-gel a year ago was due primarily to my consistent PE program. Although it did improve my libido, I still suffer with a limp dick, albeit somewhat bigger than it was three years ago when I started PE.
          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Comment

That's pretty informative not2big. You mention a growth hormone only produced during puberty, any idea why this hasn't been synthesised and prescribed to people?
            Would it have horrible side affects (ie. everything grows, causing damage)?

Comment

As I understand it, they are special androgen receptors that are only activated during puberty and are especially sensitive to testosterone and other harmones. After puberty, these receptors are turned off and can not be reactivated except unders special ircumstances such as secondary hypogonadism. I believe doctors have tried unsuccessfully to reactivate them with various chemical treatments. However, I am not familiar with such treatments.
              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Comment

This would certainly be one hell of a jump in PE if they could some how synthesize this. Cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X