Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging vs. extending after jelqing.

Originally posted by donjelqer76 View Post
    Either one is good for both flaccid and erect length. While they seem similar, hanging and extending work on slightly different principles. Hanging increases length by plastic deformation encouraged by stretching the tissues and the creation and healing of micro-tears. Extending is said to increase length by coaxing the cells of the penis into cellular division. They both can be very effective in stretching the suspensory ligament. Of course, there is a gray area between the the two (I.e. extending at high tension can mimic the effects of hanging and hanging with light weights can mimic the effects of extending)

Extending
    Generally speaking, extending its more of a hands-off exercise. You wear the extender for long hours everyday while you continue about your business. It is also the more gentle of the two. Plan on about 1500-2000 hours of extending to gain an inch.

Pros:
    - Fairly fast gains - 2000 hours can be reached in under 6 months with dedication
    - Hands-off. Doesn't really take a part of your day away
    - Gentle, easy on the penile tissue
    - most gain some overall girth from extending

Cons:
    - Expensive
    - Uncomfortable at the very least. Can even be quite painful
    - Some people have problems wearing under the clothes in public (I never had such problems)
    - Fairly steep learning curve

Hanging
    Generally speaking, hanging is a hands-on process that will take more active time out of your day to hang in sets of about 20 minutes each, with a goal of 5-10 hours per week. Most will find gains come a bit quicker with hanging, as you will quickly maximize gains from stretching the ligs to their potential. It is also harder on the penis due to the higher tension and attachment method. It is also easier to go overboard to the point where you could generate scar tissue.

Pros:
    - Inexpensive. Most people start with home-made hangers such as the Captain's Wench, Muzzle hanger, sock hanger etc. Even the best of commercial hangers can be had for under $100
    - Fairly fast gains. Targets the ligs very well (which is always a source for fast gains). 100-200 hours could get you in the 1" length gain club (of course, this varies a lot depending on weight chosen)
    - Not as uncomfortable as an extender. You are only talking about 20 minute sets a few times per day - so any pain is short lived (as compared to hours and hours of painful/uncomfortable extending every day)
    - Is good for gaining base girth

cons:
    - You absolutely have to set time aside for your hanging routine
    - Harder on the penis (though this can be managed by being smart with your weight/time selection)
    - easy to overdo it - be careful and be smart!

I'm sure there are other pro's and cons that I'm not thinking of, but that should be enough to get you started.
    Either one is a great choice. Neither work over night, and neither is incredibly pleasant (but not terribly so). I personally like extending, but it fits my time schedule better than hanging does. I've seen great gains from it, and probably won't stop extending until I stop gaining.

Hanging is a good logical next step from extending, though I don't think the same holds true the other way around.

Edit: I now have considerable time hanging. My extending gained me .8" over 1500 hours, and then became ineffective. I have since been hanging with great results. I think I now prefer hanging, though I'd do things the same if I could go back and do it all over again.
    First, I apologize for creating yet another thread about hanging and extending. I've read the above post and I understand the basics of hanging and extending. I've finished the JP90 routine and didn't really gain anything. Needless to say jelqing isn't going to do it for me.

What would be recommended in my position? I feel I'd be more consistent with extending since it is "hands off", however the general consensus seems to be that hanging is quicker.

Has anyone here seen very poor gains with jelqing and moved on to be a successful PE'er with extending/hanging? If so, what route did you choose after conditioning?

Thanks for the help.

I think it would be more accurate to say that having is quicker IF you have tight suspensory ligaments. Stretching the ligs is simply a quicker process than deforming the tunica.

If your ligs are fully maximized, your only option is to deform the tunica, which is a slow process regardless of how you do it!
    2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

Working...
    X