Please reassure me re: injury potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please reassure me re: injury potential

I read scary shit about "hard flaccid" and "hourglass" shape and whatnot. If I am trying out JP's beginner routine at a nice and easy clip, this is not gonna happen right? I have no intention on going too hard (pun not intended).

I guess the only thing I worry about is if I am too close to erect while jelqing and don't realize it, being the noob that I am. Because that is all I intend on doing (no hanging, clamping, etc...). I'm just going for a little girth.

Thanks in advance...

If you don't rush things and you 'listen to your body,' you won't injure yourself. As you are starting off, you need to be mindful of the sensations as you apply various forms of stress to your penis. By applying slow, deliberate force (squeeze, stretch, twist, whatever) and gradually increasing those forces over time (weeks and months), your tissues will become accustomed to the new stresses and you will learn the limits of how much stress to apply. PE is a balancing act. You want to apply enough stress so that the tissue fatigues and slightly deforms, but not so much that you cause an injury.

I suggest starting with manual techniques since you can adjust pressures or stop immediately if you go too far. With a mechanical device, there may be valuable seconds needed to remove a clamp or hanging device during which an injury may occur to a newbie.

Personally, I started out about four months ago applying only moderate squeeze pressure while performing jelqs and only while about 70% erect. This was enough to give me a fatigued feeling after 10~15 minutes. Today, I jelq while fully erect and squeeze with all my might and can barely feel the stress. It now takes me about 30 minutes of hard jelqing to get a feeling of fatigue.

Everyone is different, but the guidance for everyone is the same. Start slowly, pay attention and build up gradually over time. You'll figure out soon enough what works best for you.

Comment

JP's 90 day beginner routine is indeed an advanced beginner routine. The exercises in it are great, but pay attention to your PI's. If doing what the routine suggests to the T makes you fall in the pits of negative PI's, adjust the routine to fit you. You necessarily don't need to do all of those jelqs to get gains; you just need to listen to your dick and base those workouts off of your PI's!

~~> Physiologic Indicators (PIs) to Help Penis Growth!
      You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Thanks. Like I said, I have no intention of using devices ever. I just want to try jelqing to see if I can even gain a 1/4" in girth. I'd be happy with that. But "hourglass cock" scares me to death! I guess being scared is better than being overzealous though right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post
          JP's 90 day beginner routine is indeed an advanced beginner routine. The exercises in it are great, but pay attention to your PI's. If doing what the routine suggests to the T makes you fall in the pits of negative PI's, adjust the routine to fit you. You necessarily don't need to do all of those jelqs to get gains; you just need to listen to your dick and base those workouts off of your PI's!

~~> Physiologic Indicators (PIs) to Help Penis Growth!
          Thanks man, that's actually interesting to hear. I did it today for the first time, and while I don't feel pain or anything, something tells me perhaps to start a little slower. Like maybe 2 sets of "oks" and "v's" instead of 3. Does that seem reasonable?

Comment

Also, is there a go to beginner routine that you wouldn't describe as advanced? Perhaps I'm better off starting there. (Sorry woulda included that in the previous post but can't edit from phone).

Comment

Originally posted by nightcrawler82 View Post
              Thanks man, that's actually interesting to hear. I did it today for the first time, and while I don't feel pain or anything, something tells me perhaps to start a little slower. Like maybe 2 sets of "oks" and "v's" instead of 3. Does that seem reasonable?
              If that's what you believe will work for you, try it. I just finished my 8th week of PE this week and I only do 50 dry OK jelqs each session, but of course I'm not going for girth yet. I think once I actually aim for girth I will up them to 75-100. IMO the first month of PE for anyone should be to master technique and find the routine that works best for them based off of their PI's.

Comment

Originally posted by nightcrawler82 View Post
                Also, is there a go to beginner routine that you wouldn't describe as advanced? Perhaps I'm better off starting there. (Sorry woulda included that in the previous post but can't edit from phone).
                ~~> https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...ick-links.html

Comment

Thanks jay, you're the man.

Comment

Nothing is guaranteed in life. The truth is that injuries can and do happen. In my experience here though, it's almost always due to someone trying to rush and not taking the time to learn proper technique.

If you take your time, listen to your body and take the time to ask questions, research and learn, your chances of injury are very small
                    2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

After reading the link, I feel maybe it's good to follow the "medium" routine model. It's suggested that complete noobs don't jump right into the 90 day model I see. Well that's exactly what I am. I guess I have to wonder as to why the 90 day is geared towards beginners and not intermediate or something to that effect.

Comment

Working...
                      X