Towel Raise Exercise???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towel Raise Exercise???

Hi I found out the Towel Raise Exercise and was wondering the best way to start it. Earlier today I tried with a medium size face wash towel and did thirty repetitions while sitting down. However it was unusually easy. I know I should take a break ever other day. So I have a few questions. First am I suppose to stand or sit? Was it suppose to be that easy? How do I know if there is improvement if it was that easy? Are there any videos that show how to do this properly. And any other advice?

Probably step up to a hand towel see how that works for you
    Start (3/2012)
    BPEL: 6.2
    EG: 5.0

Current (6/2018)
    BPEL: 7.8
    EG: 5.75

Goal:
    BPEL: 8
    EG: 6

Comment

You can build up weight over time but be carefull to avoid injury. With concentrated kegel exercise be sure to include reverse kegel exercise .
      Can be done in any position.

Comment

I've done towel raises before, but I think my homemade weight contraption works much better.

I use a pipe cleaner run through the top side of a long sock (in one side and out the other), and then tied around a toilet paper tube for my penis to go in. The weight goes in the sock, and I disassemble whenever I need to add more in.

Since the PC muscles are skeletal muscles, I do just 5 sets of 6-second reps with 1-2 minutes between each set. 3-5 sets of 1-5 reps is the standard prescription for maximal strength training.

I think several months of non-weighted kegel training is a necessary prerequisite for this kind of exercise. I had been doing regular kegels for years before I started adding weight. When you do add weight, add it slowly, just a few ounces at a time. And, as Pegasus stated, reverse kegels are an essential compliment as well.
        eiffel
        Last edited by eiffel; 03-14-2013, 11:09 PM.
        (current)
        BPEL: 6.125"
        MEG: 4.5"

(target)
        BPEL: ​7"
        MEG: ​6"

Comment

Well this is the third day and I did the towel raises for the second time and it was just as easy as the first time. I think two days from now I'll try a wet towel.

Wait Pegasus what is reverse Kegel? Cause I'm only doing the towel hang exercise right now. Should I do more?

Comment

Yes take a look at the large amount of info on reverse kegel onsite, particularly in the pre e forum. In some cases a lot of kegel work with no rk work, can lead to or worsem premature ejaculation.

Comment

Working...
            X