All I was saying that if things are going well, they'll want to know if this bump in the road is large enough that you'll want to switch your meds up (getting off is an important part of life for most of us!). Ultimately, it will be up to you -- that's all I meant. You should talk to your Dr. about it though since many of them have a good sense of another treatment from the same family (e.g., serotonin reuptake inhibitor) that could have the same positive treatment effect but with lesser side effects, or other treatments from a different family of treatments that might have fewer or different side effects. Of course, any change can also have other and even more severe side effects. For example, I've been through what you're going through. I also had med's that caused ED, and others that destroyed my endurance. I'm off completely now, but it took a long time, a large change in diet, and probably completion of my neuromaturation (approximately age 25).

Nobody knows how these chemicals are acting in the brain, and specifically how they are acting in yours. That said, a good provider will have a lot of experience and will help you talk through these issues -- it's their job to do so.