Do antidepressents effect penis size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do antidepressents effect penis size?

I am about to go on an antidepressent and my Dr. is letting me choose between several.
    I am leaning towards lexapro.Does anyone know if it might have a bad effect on my PE like shrinkage or anything nasty.
    I also dont want one that will make me get all fat.
    Appreciate the help.

A side effect may be low sex drive or impotence, do you consider that "making your dick smaller"?
    its not going to literally steal an inch mysteriously or anything, and if you have bad side effects you could always discontinue use

Comment

Why are you going on antidepressants? Do you have a diagnosed chemical imbalance causing your depression or is it mostly due to social factors?
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Depending on dosage you will have a lower sex drive. I am on half a tablet of lexapro on the smallest dosage for general anxiety and panic disorder for the chemical imbalance in my brain. I am still having rock hard erections and I am 20 years old. When I was on paxil though I felt like shit it took my about 7 days for me to realize that I haven't touch ma dick. Glad I am off that one. My advice to you is that when you take it don't suddenly stop for you will have some serious withdrawal symptoms.
        Current
        Length
        15/11/14
        BPFSL - 8 3/16 inch

15/11/14
        BPEL - 7 10/ 16 inch

Girth
        28/11/14
        MEG 5.5 inch

Goals
        NPEL 8.50 girth 6.00

EQ 10/10

Edging - 30 mins

Only doing Manual PE for devices are not an option at the moment.

Comment

I have bad anxiety and also some depression

Comment

Well just continue your treatment and do some cardio n yoga to supplement your recovery. Also just enjoy yourself and do stuff that make you happy.
            Current
            Length
            15/11/14
            BPFSL - 8 3/16 inch

15/11/14
            BPEL - 7 10/ 16 inch

Girth
            28/11/14
            MEG 5.5 inch

Goals
            NPEL 8.50 girth 6.00

EQ 10/10

Edging - 30 mins

Only doing Manual PE for devices are not an option at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleflame View Post
              I have bad anxiety and also some depression
              Have you seen therapist or just your gp?
              The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I am currently going to gp

Comment

yes libido will decrease.
                  EQ will go down.
                  the size wont be affected.
                  if its simple antidepressant, you will be used to it.
                  can you tell me the composition of the drug.
                  Date-BPEL-EG(mm)
                  1/12-154/116
                  4/13-167/116
                  9/13-170/118
                  Goal-174/120
                  ejaculate is liquid form of emotion!

Comment

yeah, your libido will definitely decrease, I just came off of some antidepressants because the side effects got terrible. After the first month and a half i couldn't even keep it up during sex and I'm 19 so i'm used to being like rock hard when having sex.

Comment

The anti depressant Wellbutrin is know not to have sexual side effects.
                      As a matter of reference it helps with libido as it increases
                      dopamine.
                      If anyone has further questions please message me.

Comment

While not an antidepressant itself, Depakote should be avoided. Everyone that I know that has been on it tells me that it is horrible including myself! Hard flaccids, shrinkage, horrible EQ. I had triglycerides over 400 myself.

7 out of 7 people that I know had a bad reaction to Depakote.
                        PE is a lot like sex. First you have to find your technique, rotate your routine, and then plan on it taking a while. Then you will find satisfaction.

Comment

Libido will be destroyed, but it won't shrink your penis.
                          My progress log

Comment

I've been taking an anti-depressant called Citalopram for 5 months now. In the beginning I did feel like my libido was lowered a bit. But since beginning PEing, my libido, EQ and size has been pretty good.

Comment

The truth is, you don't know what is going to happen until you try taking it. There is usually a small % of men who have some form of dysfunction from the medication, but you might not be one and it's possible that you could experience positive effects. But lower EQ quality could sure leave you with the impression that you're smaller. I have no idea if a such a situation could cause a Seinfeldian post-swimming shrinkage effect too...

Most people don't talk about negative placebo's, but you shouldn't assume that bad things are coming from the medication -- people who have problems are typically much louder online than people who do not. If you are worried about negative effects, then you should do a lifestyle inventory and go over your diet and workout routines carefully to determine whether there are other positive changes you can make that might improve things (and PE done thoughtfully is one of those things). That seems to help some people, and is something that we should probably all be doing from time-to-time. In my experiences, most MDs are quicker with the prescription pen than giving serious consideration to lifestyle -- not that there aren't some great and truly helpful MDs out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X