Theory on "Rest Weeks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theory on "Rest Weeks"

Since I started PEing exactly three months ago, I have gained 3/4 of an inch in length. During those three months, I had two separate weeks where I did not do any exercises at all (due to travelling and other commitments).

Lately, I have been quite consistent, not taking any weeks off (only one day breaks every 2 days). However, I am noticing that my gains have slowed. I read a discussion forum about "beginner gains" and how many people have noticed that they gained very fast during their first few months and the gains began to slow down as they continued to PE.

So I had a thought. By taking a week off, does this in some way "reset" your conditioned penis to "beginner mode", allowing for quick gains to occur again once you start exercising again? I am interested in your feedback because I noticed in the past that most of my gains came in spurts, usually after I got back into the routine after taking a week off.

Thanks!

Interresting theory. I agree with you. Everything needs time to heal. A day, in my opinion, is not enough time for a full healing process. Especially if your jelqing is really intence.

When I start working out Im going to be doing a three days on and one week off routine for 3 months and see what my results are. Great theory man!
    Get Smart

Comment

Many have posted on the benefits of a rest week or two, especially if gains have slowed. But I don't think it resets you back to zero, just lets you have additional needed healing time. I took 5 months off, and felt like I was starting all over again, but with no quick gains this time. Of course, everybody is different.
      Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

This theory has been thought of and its called a deconditioning break (google it for forums full of ideas on it). I think that a week break is very important whenever your penis has been worked extensively for a long period if time. I feel like I need to take one but I'm afraid that if I do I won't gain as much as I could this month... Grr

Comment

How did you gain 3/4 inches in girth training 3 months? What was your routine?? Oh and did you train two days on- one day off???

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about this. Like Danster579, I am uncertain whether or not to take long breaks since I also have that concern where i question whether or not I would have gained more if I didn't take the break.

@workin_4_it: Thanks for the anecdote; I guess from your experience, "beginner gains" are unattainable once you've passed that phase.

@JbirdBFG: The gains were in length, not girth. Girth wise, I haven't been doing as well. All I've been doing is the JP90 minus the V's, they kinda contribute to turkeynecking imo.

Comment

Well, I don't think it's that simple. Allowing your penis to heal fully while you're still new, would only make it stronger, thus more resilient towards future micro tears.

How I see it: If you stretch a rubber band over time, it will get longer. But our body is designed to become resilient towards such things, which means if you let it heal fully it will just become stronger, and you would need more weight in order to obtain results. I think it's best to always suprise the penis, not letting it heal fully.. That way it's always working, always building more to withstand the pressure.

Comment

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (crying)

If I take a break, I'll possibly feel like I should be doing something with my rod. I've got a hand on it one way or another pretty much constantly,,,,,either adjusting, stretching, giving a tug. And that is when I'm NOT alone! LOL

OMG,,,,all the free time I would have. I find that not doing something for one day is very difficult for me. I'm very perplexed when people say that they are lazy and don't do their PE. I'm the other way, I feel that PE has become as natural as breathing...........WHAT DO I DO!!!! LOL
                Dick Whammy at your Cervix!

Yes, I've had my heart broken, but STILL got my dick. No one will ever take it away from me!

Comment

For manual this might be true- but look at hanging (and maybe extending though I personally don't know)
                  In hanging people are advised on no breaks whatsoever, trying not to even take one day off, because the idea is to never let your ligaments fully heal, hence making them longer rather than healing stronger.
                  I'm back!

Comment

When I take longer breaks, i does seem as if my gains (at least in plumpness) go away a bit. I have no idea really if taking breaks helps grow or not. I guess observation and experimentation must be made by each person to know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Whammy View Post
                      Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (crying)

If I take a break, I'll possibly feel like I should be doing something with my rod. I've got a hand on it one way or another pretty much constantly,,,,,either adjusting, stretching, giving a tug. And that is when I'm NOT alone! LOL

OMG,,,,all the free time I would have. I find that not doing something for one day is very difficult for me. I'm very perplexed when people say that they are lazy and don't do their PE. I'm the other way, I feel that PE has become as natural as breathing...........WHAT DO I DO!!!! LOL
                      LOL. I know what you mean. It's starting to become a bit of an obsession. I think once I get to my ultimate goal I will feel less inclined to always feel I have to be PEing. However, I also feel that after you make gains, you always want more. It's kinda like working out in the gym. Even if others comment on how huge you are, you'll always feel like you need to be a little bit bigger to be happy, no matter what others say.

Comment

I feel like my penis is shrinking with every hour when i take rest days I hate it.

leave a rep !

Working towards that BBC.

BPEL: 6.7 | 6.8 | 6.9 | 7.0 | 7.1 | >

EG: 5.3 | 5.4 | 5.5 | >

Comment

My advice is to have a recovery week...

Essentially cut everything in half except warm up and edging/balooning.

You Jelq for 10 M usually, well recovery week you only do it for 5 M.

Problem solved... Weeks off are for injuries in my opinion!

-DC
                          06/23/2013

BPEL : 16.35 cm
                          MEG : 11.43 cm

09/25/2013

BPEL : 19.05 cm
                          MEG : 12.3 cm

My Log

Comment

Rest is just as important as the workout regardless of what body part (parts). Personally I think a week is a little too much unless the workout was particularly intense. For me one day is ideal.

It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood.- K.Popper
                            Strength is the outcome of need, security sets a premium on feebleness.-Wells

Comment

I took a vacation for over a week when I was first starting the JP90 routine. I thought the week off would have affected my gains, however it did not. I continue on with routine, and eventually replaced it. I've made some good gains.
                              I will be taking next week off from PE, I'll probably do a little stretching but thats it. I'm not scared of losing anything. Rest is good.
                              Cinest's progress and routine.

Comment

Working...
                              X