Information about infrared light warm up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information about infrared light warm up

So I've searched around on this topic around this site, and was wondering if I could get some information that use this style of warming up. I feel if I went the infrared route, my warm ups would be much more productive in general. But I was curious where people bought their infrared lights from. I've red to cover up my balls with a white wash cloth, and encase them in glass, so as to reflect the rays of light.

Is there anyone who uses this style of warm up, and could give me additional information. I have a light I want to buy in mind, but it's about $179; so I'd like to look into more affordable options at the moment. Something that's cheaper, yet still gets the job done/lasts. Rice socks and heating pads just don't seem to be a good fit for me.
    Restart [4/17/16] 7.5 BPSFL • 7.25 BPEL • 5.125 USEG • 5.75 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG (not valid)
    Goal 1 [7/17/16] 7.75 BPSFL • 7.5 BPEL • 5.25 USEG •
    6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

I use an "old school" method for my IR heating.
    I use a simple IR incandescent bulb like this : Amazon.com: GE Heat Lamp, 250 Watt Red: Home Improvement

with a simple holder made for these things that has a reflector in the back and a big clip so you can clip it to anything. It works great!
    2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. If anyone else has more info/input, feel free to share!
      Restart [4/17/16] 7.5 BPSFL • 7.25 BPEL • 5.125 USEG • 5.75 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG (not valid)
      6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

https://www.pegym.com/forums/pe-theo...tml?highlight=

slight constriction of blood flow will really improve your warm-up.

Comment

I used an IR lamp for a while, but then I started to read about how the IR radiation penetrates much deeper into the tissue than visible light, possibly resulting in internal heating of the testicles and possible fertility problems down the road. Not saying it's fact, but it makes sense so I switched to an electric heat pad.

Comment

I don't want kids, but yes, I've read that as well. I feel that deeper penetration would give me a thorough warm up. That's why I mentioned the white cloth around the testicles (most reflective color) and encasing them in a glass cup; harder for rays to penetrate.
            6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

Don't know if this is helpful, but I'll throw it out there. At another forum the members generally
              agreed to use tanning goggles with IR. These goggles everyone would wrap the eye pieces with aluminum
              foil and wear them over the eyes when using IR. I do this myself. Made sense to me. I've also wrapped
              the testicles with aluminum when using IR on my shaft.

Comment

Any other certain IR lights that people use? I also see different voltages, like 100 wt, 110, and 250 wt; which would be a good one to get?
                6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
                  Don't know if this is helpful, but I'll throw it out there. At another forum the members generally
                  agreed to use tanning goggles with IR. These goggles everyone would wrap the eye pieces with aluminum
                  foil and wear them over the eyes when using IR. I do this myself. Made sense to me. I've also wrapped
                  the testicles with aluminum when using IR on my shaft.
                  Those goggles are used for blocking UV light, not infrared. UV light is at the completely opposite end of the visible light spectrum. You should need eye protection from IR light (unless for some reason you're staring right into it)
                  2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

So I've been looking around at different bulbs, and was wondering if these would get the job done as well? I kept seeing descriptions of red bulbs, but wasn't sure if they were the same as infrared lights. Going to look into some reptile department areas to get some information on infrared lights as well hopefully.

From Home Depot; it's an incandescent light, I'd just need a stand.

Philips 250-Watt Incandescent R40 Red Heat Lamp Light Bulb-415836 at The Home Depot

Then some bulbs from Amazon

Amazon.com: Satco Products S4998 250BR40/HR Medium Base Red Heat Lamp: Home Improvement

Amazon.com: Zoo Med Nocturnal Infrared Incandescent Heat Lamp 75 Watts: Pet Supplies
                    Koh
                    Last edited by Koh; 10-11-2013, 10:57 PM.
                    6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

Hello,

sorry for the dumb question but is IR really that good for warm up? I use a terry cloth covered heating pad (Velcro strap that goes around several times as we'll to keep it wrapped good) and it seems to do a pretty good job for my 10 minute warm up.

Sunbeam Xpress Heat Heating Pad 2013-912 XL | Walgreens

Comment

I've read around that it's a pretty thorough way of warming up. Saw a lot of positive feedback from it.
                        6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

Working...
                        X