Amy I cheating myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy I cheating myself?

Okay, so I don't do warm ups anymore. I know most of you say this is a bad idea due to injuries but I don't really feel at a "high risk" for injuries anymore. I've had a couple occasions where I've been stretching in the past and felt some slight sharp pain (these actually occurred after warm-ups), but it's never really affected EQ. So I don't believe I've ever caused any real/permanent damage.

However, I am somewhat concerned that I may be cheating myself out of gains by doing this since my tissues aren't becoming as relaxed and strechable as they could if I do a warm up. Is this something that is plausible and should I go back to warming up.

Yes, the heat is not just for warm ups.
    start: aug 1 2013
    bpel: 6.9..7.1..7.2..8.5
    Nbpel: 6..6.2..6.4..8
    Mseg: 5..5..6.5
    Flaccid: 4..4.

his mother was a mudder..

Comment

You should go back to warming up again. Did you even read what you typed? "So I don't believe I've ever caused any real/permanent damage". You do know the meaning of the word "permanent" right?... That's some serious stuff man.

Anyways, warming up probably do help gains as well. But the most important part of it is to prevent injury and / or real damage

Comment

Yup, heat equals faster healing and looser ligaments. Plus heat significantly decreases your risk of injury. Heat is PE's best friend. Now with that said, I'm just like you buddy. I'm too damn lazy to warm up. I never warm up. I don't warm up a the gym before exercise and I don't warm up before PE exercises either. Would warming up help? You betcha! Will I do anything about it? Na.
        "with great EQ, comes great responsibility"

Comment

maybe you felt pain, stretching while warmed up because you "were" actually stretching. Cold, probably not as effective of a stretch. I think warm up is the one PE law we all believe is not theory

Comment

...by the way, who's Amy? And why would she care if you're cheating yourself?
            start: aug 1 2013
            bpel: 6.9..7.1..7.2..8.5
            Nbpel: 6..6.2..6.4..8
            Mseg: 5..5..6.5
            Flaccid: 4..4.

his mother was a mudder..

Comment

Lol, that's a typo but if there were I'm sure she wouldn't care. Unless of course said Amy was a size queen. Then she might.

Comment

I don't warm up.
                Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I hung forever heating and reheating rice socks. I logged my workouts and tracked my results and it did not do shit as far as gaining compared to non heating.

I will use heat on a cold day but I usually do a few light manual pulls slowly then go to hanging.
                  Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Well like I said, I'm not so much worried about injuries anymore. It's more about increasing elasticity in the tissues. If I go back to warming up I won't do it for more than 5 minutes though probably. Some people warm up upwards of 15 and I just think that time is better used for stretching or jelqs at this point, being past the conditioning phase.

Comment

Working...
                    X