Measuring standing up versus sitting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring standing up versus sitting down

I know it is undisputed that the correct way to measure is standing up straight. However, when I am sitting down my penis measures about half an inch longer. And this isn't by cheating with the ruler there is definitely more shaft, it's almost as if my pelvic angle pushes more of it out of the body, so for example having sex sitting down would give more depth of penetration than other positions.
    Is this the same for anyone else or do I just have really tight ligs? (haven't done length exercises for a while).

Hmmmmmmmm I'd really double check you are measuring correctly to be honest first.

Your pelvis is a flat piece of bone. That doesn't move. It's fixed.

Gravity (should) make your measurement smaller, sitting down. That's really the only reason it's different.

Take away gravity, and the distance between your pubic bone and penis tip is fixed.

Comment

I'm not saying you're not different, but the most likely scenario is always measuring inaccuracies

Comment

It's the same for me, mine is definitely bigger when sitting down, that's why i jelq sitting down (=

Comment

As for your actual length (which one to go with) this is kind of tricky.

As you'd in theory be both...............standing not only gives the most accurate measurement but it also simulates how people generally have sex - ie not sitting down. So their true length to women.

But you can have sex sitting down. So I guess that's also your true length.

But at the same time, if someone tells a girl "I'm 6.5 inches, but only if I sit down" she's probably going to dump them for being a fool anyway!

I'd probably go with standing up as a measurement. Or maybe average out the two.

Comment

It's dangerous clinging on to certain measurements, under certain circumstances. And using that as you're starting point.

I know a guy who claims he's bigger in the shower, so always measures in the shower - that's OK as long as he always has sex in the shower!

You know, so unless you want to consign yourself to a lifetime of sit-down sex, just go with something between the two

Comment

If you push you ass all the way forward and slouch backwards with a full erection you can get extra length in you 100% bpel about .25" and thats the same as you can lose bpel length if you lean forward and the rest in reverse

Comment

Yeah, this is what I mean.

If you see above, you can contort yourself into various positions to get more length.

What matters is what length is it when you have sex............which is why standing up is used

Comment

This is a well known fact - for everybody, not just you. We just had a thread on it less than a week ago actually.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...surements.html
                  Just a regular dick on a forum all about guys.

Comment

My penis is often longer when I'm lying down in bed. When I get up to get the measuring tape, it's shrinks. The errection is stronger when lying down. I guess it has to do with the blood pressure. When I stand up, the blood is used in my legs etc...
                    April 2013 14.5cm BP
                    July 2013 16.0cm BP
                    August 2013 16.5cm BP
                    December 2013 17cm BP
                    January 2017, 17,3cm BP

Comment

i find sitting down/leaning abit forward makes it turtle abit(so to speak)

Comment

What matters is measuring in a way that is consistent. Everyone will measure differently in different positions, sitting down will give nearly everyone more length. As I said in an earlier post the purpose for measuring isn't for bragging rights, it's to track your gains for PE. Be consistent to track your progress to determine what works and what doesn't with your routine (gains after all are the definitive PI indication of your PE routine).

If you are simply asking which measurement to take for bragging rights there is no definitive answer (face it, nobody seems to be honest about it anyways, outside of PE everyone uses the anus to tip method or the iSize formula of add two inches to your true length), and it's not like any woman is going to notice 1/4" difference unless you are right on the edge of pressing into something.
                        Start 12MAR'13

"Be nice to your penis, you should encourage it to grow, not force it to"
                        "Gains occur while balancing the fine line between undertraining and overtraining"
                        "Undertraining slows the gains, overtraining stops them"

Comment

Originally posted by TehDBare View Post
                          What matters is measuring in a way that is consistent. Everyone will measure differently in different positions, sitting down will give nearly everyone more length. As I said in an earlier post the purpose for measuring isn't for bragging rights, it's to track your gains for PE. Be consistent to track your progress to determine what works and what doesn't with your routine (gains after all are the definitive PI indication of your PE routine).

If you are simply asking which measurement to take for bragging rights there is no definitive answer (face it, nobody seems to be honest about it anyways, outside of PE everyone uses the anus to tip method or the iSize formula of add two inches to your true length), and it's not like any woman is going to notice 1/4" difference unless you are right on the edge of pressing into something.
                          I think people have missed the point of my post. I accept that the proper way to measure is standing up straight, and I do it that way to track progress. I was just curious that I am longer sitting down, maybe that's why my ex girlfriend always liked sex in a particular position...

Although I've just realized that I may have been measuring improperly standing up because I don't put my head directly over the ruler/penis to take the measurement. So I have probably been underestimating.

Comment

Originally posted by TehDBare View Post

This you are right on.

This you are right on.

I was on another forum once, on a completely different subject. Someone asked people to measure their penises and post it.

Like, everyone was 7-7.5 inches and 5.5+ in girth. Lots of guys genuinely claiming they were 9 inches + (like not one or two, but 10)And I'm thinking, yeah, they have no idea what they're doing!

And they seriously believed it. And girls generally believed it as well.

Truth is, neither men or women know how to measure penises. So what you know is 6.5 inches, a girl will probably think is 7.5

Comment

Working...
                            X