The "Average Dick Size" Obsession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Average Dick Size" Obsession

So, I've been here for a little over a month, and have learned so much. However, the "PE Community" is definitely a unique amalgamation of people, with so many differing backgrounds and goals.

As to be expected, since many have the goal of enlarging their penis (rather than just improving health), there are also a lot of insecurities at play. I love that this forum allows people to feel safe enough to talk about these insecurities, whether they choose to leave those insecurities behind or continue to coddle and nurture them.

One thing that seems very interesting to me is the somewhat constant obsession about "average size". I've read reams of material here arguing over 1/2" here and there, and pouring over study after study in comparison to anecdotal experiences. And it never really gets settled. I find it interesting, mostly reading studies, because I am enthralled with human behaviour, anthropology, and medical science.

But why the obsession over something that, ultimately, seems very trivial in the scheme of things? I think the answer is obvious: we can easily fall into the vacuous whirlpool of comparing ourselves to others. To other men in the locker room, to men on our computer screens, to our partners' past lovers. Many of us want to "be the best", and use this competitive drive to fuel our obsessions. These obsessions drive us to invest countless hours and energy into gaining 1/4" onto the length of our sexual organ so that we can become "above average" in one very small aspect of our lives. Is it because we are constantly convinced that we are "below average" in aspects of our lives that create a larger impact to ourselves and those around us? In our careers? In our relationships?

This is such a fundamental neuroses of the human consciousness (you can track it through history), that I certainly don't ever expect it to change for the masses. But I have found that by recognizing and becoming aware of these patterns of behaviour and thoughts and what triggers them, and acknowledging the detrimental effects they cause to ourselves and the ones that we love, we stand a far better chance at taking control of creating healthier and more beneficial patterns of behaviours and thoughts that can serve to help us accept ourselves the way we are, and, in turn, accept those around us for who and what they are. These obsessions do not serve us. And they make us susceptible to manipulation. When we feel bad about ourselves we are easily controlled. When we feel less than, we will be.

We are each amazingly complex, unique, and beautiful creatures. Our lives are awash with tiny miracles that we ignore or don't allow ourselves to see. We are each sons, daughters, brothers and sisters, wives, husbands, fathers, mothers, engineers, mechanics, web developers, and so on. Our lives are rich and bountiful, and there is so much we can choose to identify ourselves by: how we impact our communities, how we treat those around us, the value of our word, our toughness and tenacity in the face of obstacles. These things make a person what they are. These things can truly make you "above average". The world doesn't need bigger dicks; it needs better people.

And so, this becomes one more thread in the pantheon (if it should be closed, I accept that). But maybe one person will read this today and realize how special they are, and in so many ways.
    My Log: EQ | Foreskin Restoration w TLC Tugger

Overall Goals
    1. Maintain Optimal EQ (10 / 10)
    2. Full Foreskin Restoration (100% flaccid coverage)

Well said brother.
    Started - 6.25" NBP / 7" BP x 4.75" EG

Short goal -7.25"(goal reached!)NBP** 8.25"BPEL x 5.75" EG (goal reached!)

Long term goal - 8"NBP ** 9" BPEL x 6"EG

Comment

Great post.
      Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Well said!...and i just typed up a great post to add to this thread that, like so many others, would not post properly and i lost it...trust me though, it was great. Fuck it!
        Started: 7 x 5
        Current: 8 inches x 6.25 inches (whole shaft)
        Goal 8.5 x 6.5

Pics. https://www.pegym.com/forums/members...8-56-46-1.html

Comment

haha, write it in notepad first, brother!
          My Log: EQ | Foreskin Restoration w TLC Tugger

Overall Goals
          1. Maintain Optimal EQ (10 / 10)
          2. Full Foreskin Restoration (100% flaccid coverage)

Comment

Originally posted by mcpecker View Post
            haha, write it in notepad first, brother!
            God, i hate guys like you that take precautions! Can't you just let me wallow in this Website injustice?...lol.
            You probably backup important documents too.
            Goal 8.5 x 6.5

Comment

Your positivity is infectious!

If everyone is that little bit more positive toward each other, the world WILL be a better place!
              "Those who know others have knowledge,
              those who know themselves have insight.
              Those who master others have force,
              those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Comment

Another self-help rant. Thank you. Your words have been repeated by me and others a number of times. In the future you should refrain from using a misleading title in the forum section for "Penis Enlargement".

Put this in the gym, or better yet, in the rant section.

Comment

There are good posts out there on this site and then there are great ones. This is definitely without a doubt one of the great ones that is a neat treasure to find while looking around this forum. I think is that people become in a state of constant desire for self-improvement even in the smallest of things. They want to compare themselves to others and aspire to become better not only themselves but try to be better than the people they compare to. It's a competition mindset. I wouldn't doubt it if it were something connected to the nature of things where the stronger male of the species achieves more. By that in the nature of mating season and the stronger males getting the females.

It's a competition mindset that I think is just drilled into our being. We want to be better than the average man. But in the end when you look at it is not something that will ultimately change our lives. It is in like you said that we are amazing complex, unique creatures that we are special in our own way. It is definitely true. We need better people in the world that benefit not just themselves but for others.

This whole average size obsession is something I used to worry over but I stopped worrying about it and accepted myself for what I have. There are much more important things in life than having a bigger dick, much more. No matter what there is going to be a man that is bigger than you and you have to accept it; however, it doesn't mean that I don't strive for a bigger penis and I fully intend to stay here on this great forum and while obtaining a larger size keep my dick at a very healthy state.
                  Aiming for a bigger, healthier willy!

Golf's progress log
                  Start of PE (16.7.2013)
                  BPEL: 6.75" MSEG: 5.25"
                  Current (16.1.2019)
                  BPEL: 18.7 cm MSEG: 13.5 cm

Foreskin regeneration is a possible way to undo circumcision

Comment

Originally posted by MrPriapus View Post
                    Another self-help rant. Thank you. Your words have been repeated by me and others a number of times. In the future you should refrain from using a misleading title in the forum section for "Penis Enlargement".

Put this in the gym, or better yet, in the rant section.
                    79% of your posts suck...and the other 21% don't make up for it.
                    Goal 8.5 x 6.5

Comment

Awesome
                      6.7" length/ 7.1" BP
                      5.1" girth ( 28/06/2013)

7.0" length/7.3" BP
                      5.3" girth (08/01/2014)

7.3" length/7.5" BP
                      5.3 girth (08/04/2014)

Goal 7.5/6

Comment

great post!

Comment

I actually was trying to remove the message after I posted. And yes it does suck, your post is a worthy read, it just didn't do much for me. Doesn't mean it can't help others.

@DennyA, those are very specific numbers. I guess you've been keeping close track of my activity. Sorry my posts aren't doing anything for you. Stop reading them and commenting then you wouldn't have to worry about me "sucking" up your day.

Comment

That is one great post mcpecker!!
                            A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

I love reading posts like this, for multiple reasons.

Not just because it's useful information addressing a widespread issue. And not just because it's positive, and encouraging.

But also because one person took a moment, a few minutes of their own free time, to offer some uplifting words and ideas. To a group of complete strangers, with a genuine intent of helping others to help themselves.

We could definitely use more of these, no matter how many there already are. Because the truth is, when negativity and insecurity are being battled internally, sometimes all it takes is a few words, or an idea being presented in the right way, to change someones mind.
                              Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Working...
                              X