Ruler or tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruler or tape?

Whenever I measure my length I take two measurements, one with tailors tape and one with a ruler. The ruler seems to say I have about .3 inches less than what my tape does. I don't understand this, if the measuring units are both the same then how can there be some deviation in length if I'm measuring at the same time in the exact same method on multiple occasions. I even cut off the small part before the beginning of the measurement that the ruler usually has on the tip of each side to ensure it was completely accurate.

I'm a bit OCD with things like this and accuracies but come on anyone would understand that .3-.4 inches is a fair difference when it comes to measuring your dick. The issue is at the moment I don't know what measurement to identify myself with and which to disregard; the tape measurement which is a little bigger or the ruler one which is a fair amount smaller. I don't want to kid myself and say that the tape is more accurate simply because it offers me more length but I also don't want to, in the case the ruler is inaccurate, trick myself out of an accurate measurement that also says I have more length.

I don't know if its possible to determine which tool is best to measure length but I need help in understanding why there is a difference in the measurements and which is most likely to be accurate. I know it sounds stupid for someone that wouldn't usually give a shit about things like this but for me its an issue.
    Original start - 15th May '13 - July (stopped)
    Restarted - November 3rd '13

Stats -

May 2013 - BPEL 6.3"
    January 2014- BPEL 6.7" NBPEL 6.1 MEG 4.75
    April 2014 - BPEL 6.9 NBPEL 6.3 MEG 4.75
    May 2014 - BPEL 18.1cm (7.1")
    October 2014 - NBPEL 6.5" (16.6cm)

the same happens with me. i always got bigger measurements with the tape, about .3 or so. but ruler measurements would be the most consistent. the chance of measuring the same way u did before is much less when ur using a tape that is not very stable.

Comment

Dude i think it has to do with the ligament truth be told for me with a ruler if i try to lay it on top of my dick and measure i lose quite a bit because that lig. If i use tape the exact same way its bigger. Idk why ruler measuring for me hurts like a bitch and i can never get it all the way down. A tape is painless and you can definitely go Bone pressed very easy
      BPEL- 8.25
      MEG-5.75
      BPFSL- 8.50
      NBPEL-7.00
      BEG- 6.25
      https://www.pegym.com/forums/members...-3-months.html

"If I told you I was good you'd probably think I was boasting, if I told you I was no good you'd know I was lying" - Bruce Lee

Comment

Is it perhaps due to the tape accommodating curves? I have a slight upwards curve to my dick...
        Original start - 15th May '13 - July (stopped)
        Restarted - November 3rd '13

Stats -

May 2013 - BPEL 6.3"
        January 2014- BPEL 6.7" NBPEL 6.1 MEG 4.75
        April 2014 - BPEL 6.9 NBPEL 6.3 MEG 4.75
        May 2014 - BPEL 18.1cm (7.1")
        October 2014 - NBPEL 6.5" (16.6cm)

Comment

Damn bro tape gives you better mrasurements? I have an up curve i should get tape so people maybe will stop saying i measure wrong.... oh well i already started with a ruler in a certain position but maybe i will buy tape for when i start hanging. I thought a ruler would give the best measurement because of it is a hard surface and pushing that into your pubic bone would be better then tape. But the ruler dosent go with our curves so maybe thats why your seeing an increase with the tape.

Comment

Originally posted by blackscale View Post
            Is it perhaps due to the tape accommodating curves? I have a slight upwards curve to my dick...
            Maybe but i have a pretty straight penis and i still get a difference.
            BPEL- 8.25
            MEG-5.75
            BPFSL- 8.50
            NBPEL-7.00
            BEG- 6.25

"If I told you I was good you'd probably think I was boasting, if I told you I was no good you'd know I was lying" - Bruce Lee

Comment

Damn and whats even funnier is that i just put two together and measured 8 inches out from the base of both and the tape is the correct length abd the ruler has an 8th of an inch of plastic to boost the reading some but its still measures shorter. The difference is drastic for me and i dont understand
              BPEL- 8.25
              MEG-5.75
              BPFSL- 8.50
              NBPEL-7.00
              BEG- 6.25

Comment

clutch the ruler never "hurts" me. for bpel measurements ruler is the best and easiest way to measure. u see the pubic bone is not a perfect line, so if u measure with something thin (a measuring tape), it will give different results when u measure from 1 cm to the left or right. with the ruler i can push it all the way until i feel the bone and there i know i can put it all in a girl (or very close to all of it). i have a very slight upward curve too but i dont think i need to take that into account when measuring since it looks the same. also its faster to pull out the ruler and measure than with the tape lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper View Post
                  clutch the ruler never "hurts" me. for bpel measurements ruler is the best and easiest way to measure. u see the pubic bone is not a perfect line, so if u measure with something thin (a measuring tape), it will give different results when u measure from 1 cm to the left or right. with the ruler i can push it all the way until i feel the bone and there i know i can put it all in a girl (or very close to all of it). i have a very slight upward curve too but i dont think i need to take that into account when measuring since it looks the same. also its faster to pull out the ruler and measure than with the tape lol.

Look at my albulm in my sig and tell me does that look like a false measurement. Rulers hurt for me to measure with. I feel the bone with tape to
                  BPEL- 8.25
                  MEG-5.75
                  BPFSL- 8.50
                  NBPEL-7.00
                  BEG- 6.25

Comment

I get like .25 more with the ruler, no good way to hold the tape for length

Comment

You're supposed to measure along the curve, so using a tape would be best. That also helps you avoid the hard edges of a ruler. If you're going to use a ruler (perhaps to measure BPFSL or for "Ruler Stretches"), use some padding at the end where it digs into your base.
                      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                        You're supposed to measure along the curve
                        Can you explain why? It doesn't make sense to me.
                        Started May 2012
                        BPEL +1"11/32 (34mm)
                        My stats
                        Stan's stretching journal

Comment

I think hard ruler is the most accurate and easy way to reproduce a standard of measurement, even with the loss I get on my significant up-curve.
                          BPEL: 6.7-8.57" NBPEL: 6.3-8.25"
                          MEG: 5.9-6.5" HeadEG: 5.4-6.25" BEG: 6.25-7"
                          CI:1.5 -2.5
                          Flaccid: 5"x4.75" -> 6.25"x5.375" for +63% volume
                          275ml-435ml in 3 years, 6 months(active 2 years) for +58% volume
                          6.7x5.9 - 8.57x6.5 or bigger than 9/10x49/50 - 2999/3000x1666/1667

Comment

Originally posted by lclutchl View Post
                            Look at my albulm in my sig and tell me does that look like a false measurement. Rulers hurt for me to measure with. I feel the bone with tape to
                            Dont worry lclutchl i get this same speech lol.. i think for the most part, i mean not everyone some people are trying to give advice, but its jealoudy for the most part id say lol why else would someone try and make you feel smaller then you are.. i seen ur pics.. ur huge dont get it twisted lol

Comment

i've been trying to find a fabric measuring tape at so many stores...they don't have it... where could I find one??

Comment

Working...
                              X