Maxing out certain ligament gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxing out certain ligament gains

I was curious about this for a while now and could not seem to find anything of relevance in my thread searches. It is in relation to getting gains from specific ligament groups and the possibility of maxing out potential gains from these before moving on to the next one.

There are two types of ligaments in the penis, the fundiform and the suspensory ligaments: Penis Anatomy 101 | PEGym

The fundiform ligaments get hit mostly from side stretches or devices that pull to the side. The suspensory ligaments get hit most when stretching/hanging straight down. My question is can you get considerable gains from say the fundiform ligaments if you were extending to the side and had no downward exercises for a certain period, and then after months move onto something like hanging which hits the suspensory ligaments quite hard?

I know that there is a certain holism here, in that you cannot purely just work one without also working the other, but with exercises focusing on one angle (either the side or straight down), you concentrate on one area over the other.

I have been extending and stretching purely to the sides and upward for nearly ten months now, but today I experimented with hanging and I felt like a total newbie even with incredibly light weight (like 2 lbs maybe), whereas I would have extended for hours with up to 6 lbs.

Anyone have experience/ideas about this?
    League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

This is an image DonJelqer76 created, it might help to illustrate my point/question a bit better:

hanging_angles.jpg

Comment

Hey mebs, am I right in thinking that extending isolate the tuinica? I'm aware your extender of choice is the Phallosan, but I still thought it resembles an angled tunica tug of sorts - mostly excluding the ligaments.

Extending forces are applied in two directions, whereas hanging force is applied in one direction I thought?

I also read in a thread by Blink2000 I think, that hanging targets the ligs first, then the tunica because they are tougher. Don't know if this is relevant?
      "Those who know others have knowledge,
      those who know themselves have insight.
      Those who master others have force,
      those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Comment

Yup, this is another good point Burty

I feel with the phallosan that it hits the tunica primarily (from the feeling) and only secondarily the ligaments. The main place that I feel fatigue with my extender is my shaft itself, never really the ligaments at all. And from my above posts, stretching to the side/upwards, it would primarily target the fundiform ligaments, leaving the suspensory ligaments basically untouched. Even with my manual stretching, I nearly always stretched to the side or straight out, so I am thinking there would be room for suspensory ligament gains if I were to hang.

I have also read from a lot of people's posts that the ligaments are the easiest gains, while the tunica is a lot more difficult to manipulate and gain from. Hopefully we can get a few of the more experienced guys to chime in on the topic too.

Yes, hanging is reportedly hitting the ligaments first, and tunica second. It is an interesting area of discussion, particularly when there is the possibility of seeing some nice gains from a variation in your routine

Originally posted by burtybasset View Post
        Hey mebs, am I right in thinking that extending isolate the tuinica? I'm aware your extender of choice is the Phallosan, but I still thought it resembles an angled tunica tug of sorts - mostly excluding the ligaments.

Extending forces are applied in two directions, whereas hanging force is applied in one direction I thought?

I also read in a thread by Blink2000 I think, that hanging targets the ligs first, then the tunica because they are tougher. Don't know if this is relevant?

Comment

I just target lower angles as an auxiliary form of stretching. lately, when stretching upward at higher angles, I have been pressing and massaging into the tissues along the sides of my shaft and actually directly targeting the connective points of the ligaments on my shaft. it sounds weird but if you did it you would know exactly what I am talking about. it just takes a little bit and it feels loose and relaxed afterwards.

Comment

Funnily enough I was doing this the other day during a manual stretching routine, it felt good!

Originally posted by sssssteve View Post
            I just target lower angles as an auxiliary form of stretching. lately, when stretching upward at higher angles, I have been pressing and massaging into the tissues along the sides of my shaft and actually directly targeting the connective points of the ligaments on my shaft. it sounds weird but if you did it you would know exactly what I am talking about. it just takes a little bit and it feels loose and relaxed afterwards.

Comment

I do the same. Feels GOOD to massage.... I also stretch general groin area. I hope by the time I have some relevant improved mobility... my dick has grown

Comment

So do any of the vets have opinions on this thread? Moving from doing only side and upward exercises to only downward exercises?

Comment

A great post

The simple "Side to Side" stretch stresses the suspensory lig from it being done in a downwards position, and the ancillary ligs from the side to side motions. The penis itself is also stretched out as well.

Most any multiangular stretch that is done with the penis in a downwards position will target just about all of the ligs, but other positions (upwards, etc.) should be considered from time to time for maximum results, as it's not just the ligs that restrict length.
                  Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

What about if one was extending in an upright/sideways position for many months and all of their manual exercises were done the same way. Would one benefit from altering their routine to include or concentrate on downward position exercises in order to work those suspensory ligaments which were not worked as much as their other ligs?

All things considered of course, not including or discussing about gains from tunica etc, but just an analysis of ligament gains. It is an interesting idea I had earlier, because all of my exercises/extending were static holds to the side, but when I hung straight down it felt totally different and a lot more intense in areas that felt unworked or under-worked.

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                    A great post

The simple "Side to Side" stretch stresses the suspensory lig from it being done in a downwards position, and the ancillary ligs from the side to side motions. The penis itself is also stretched out as well.

Most any multiangular stretch that is done with the penis in a downwards position will target just about all of the ligs, but other positions (upwards, etc.) should be considered from time to time for maximum results, as it's not just the ligs that restrict length.

Comment

I am a little confused with all of this. Let me tell you what I do and what I might gain by trying something else. All of my jelqing as many know is very intense and does involve a good degree of stretching from the intensity of the force I use. I also have done a million LAS's, many bundled. That being said, all of that activity was done in a downward direction (standing and force of pull directed toward the floor). I feel I have stretched my suspensory ligs as much as manual effort can stretch them. I am not going to hang or extend, so I am wondering from what you guys are saying what I might gain by manually going in other directions.
                      FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
                      The Ultimate V (The UV)
                      Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                      Heated Bundled LAS
                      Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Again, this is only a very preliminary idea, but as there are two primary ligament structures at work, it would indicate the possibility of achieving gains by using exercises that impact the other type of ligament if you solely/predominantly concentrated on one for a long time.

As you mentioned that your main stretching exercise is the bundled LAS in the downward direction, it would indicate that your suspensory ligaments gains have maxed out. An alternative approach may be to totally change the direction of your stretching to the sides and to really concentrate on these to the (probably) un-worked or under-worked fundiform ligaments.

This again is all pure speculation, but it is something I have been thinking about, and because you mentioned before that it is virtually impossible for you to get length gains, it might be worth a shot? I for one will definitely put this theory into practice in 2 months time, as I want to do a full year before dramatically altering my PE methods with the incorporation of hanging.

If you are going to try out this method, I would greatly appreciate any feedback you have, because it is an interesting avenue to take, especially for those like yourself and myself who have predominantly stretched in the one direction.

Originally posted by rbi99 View Post
                        I am a little confused with all of this. Let me tell you what I do and what I might gain by trying something else. All of my jelqing as many know is very intense and does involve a good degree of stretching from the intensity of the force I use. I also have done a million LAS's, many bundled. That being said, all of that activity was done in a downward direction (standing and force of pull directed toward the floor). I feel I have stretched my suspensory ligs as much as manual effort can stretch them. I am not going to hang or extend, so I am wondering from what you guys are saying what I might gain by manually going in other directions.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinthemebs View Post
                          What about if one was extending in an upright/sideways position for many months and all of their manual exercises were done the same way. Would one benefit from altering their routine to include or concentrate on downward position exercises in order to work those suspensory ligaments which were not worked as much as their other ligs?

All things considered of course, not including or discussing about gains from tunica etc, but just an analysis of ligament gains. It is an interesting idea I had earlier, because all of my exercises/extending were static holds to the side, but when I hung straight down it felt totally different and a lot more intense in areas that felt unworked or under-worked.
                          Once could still benefit, but the main limiting factor in length is almost always the suspensory ligament- and that ligament is best stretched using a strethc done in the downward position.

With an extender, you can est out the level of tension your penis gets merely by adjusting the position (this is assuming that your extender has a rotating base). The downward setting is usually going to give you much more of a stretch than when the device is pointing upwards.
                          Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Cool, thanks for your help BigAl, that is very interesting. Hanging is definitely on the cards for me in the future then

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                            Once could still benefit, but the main limiting factor in length is almost always the suspensory ligament- and that ligament is best stretched using a strethc done in the downward position.

With an extender, you can est out the level of tension your penis gets merely by adjusting the position (this is assuming that your extender has a rotating base). The downward setting is usually going to give you much more of a stretch than when the device is pointing upwards.

Comment

Would it be beneficial to just stretch at all angles so that you hit all ligs and tunica leaving no room for missed restrictions?
                              Starting..........Current
                              BPFSL - 8"........8 7/8"
                              BPEL - 7.5".......8.5"
                              NBPEL - 7"........8"
                              MSEG - 5.5"......6"

All time goal
                              9.5"x6.5" :biggrin1: 8=======D

Comment

Working...
                              X