When to pull the chute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to pull the chute

Hey, haven't created a PE thread in a while so thought I would put together a few thoughts from questions that get asked on here on a regular basis.

Questions:

- Can I change my routine to something different? When should I do this?
    - Can I add different exercises or take out certain exercises from my routine?
    - How long should you do an exercise/device without seeing gains before switching things up?
    - Should this time limit change throughout the course of my PE journey?
    - Others have gained from this device/exercise, so should I just continue to do it even though I am not seeing gains?
    - When should I say enough is enough and pull the chute on a certain exercise or device?

Response:

Now these are all very difficult questions to answer or give clear advice on. They are all so dependent upon how consistent you are, how often you do them, and also how much effort you give to them. But I will try to discuss them within the course of a few particular sections that seem pertinent to the topic/debate.

PE Experience:

This is a very important point that needs careful consideration, the time you should give to a particular device or exercise completely depends upon what stage of your PE journey you are on. Someone who has done PE for a few years will always find it harder to see gains than the first 6 months of their PE journey.

The first 3-6 months of PE is what people generally can expect as the honeymoon period. It is when gains are coming fast and hard for most people, but unfortunately this period does not last forever (or otherwise we would all have tree trunks between our legs in no time).

You will have to keep in mind how long you have been doing PE as a whole in order to decide whether or not you gave a certain device/exercise a good go and need to move on.

Beginner Routines:

Okay, we get this question and topic so bloody often on the site - Can I add x,y, and z to the PESG or JP90 routine? I want girth so can I start clamping with the JP90 and so on. Typically speaking, the beginner routines are designed to condition new members to PE. There is a reason we have these beginner routines, they are for BEGINNERS!

Doing ulis and clamping, or other advanced PE is usually for people who are already conditioned. Adding things to these routines will generally speaking be too much. How about giving the beginner routine that you are on a shot and after you are finished the 3 months, then assess your situation after it. That means doing it as it says and not asking is it okay to do horse squeezes a month and a half in.

This also brings me to another point - "I have been doing the JP90 for five weeks and have not seen gains, what should I change?"

Give It a Chance!:

While most gain really quickly in the first few months of a routine, some don't start seeing gains until a few months in. You need to give your routine or your device a chance to work its magic, you cannot expect to see gains overnight. PE is a slow process usually, and everyone is different to how they see gains and when they see gains. Just because Larry and John gained 0.5 inches in their first month doesn't necessarily mean you will too.

So, you need to give an exercise/routine/device a chance before switching things up. The beginner routines are 3 months long, and I think that is a nice number we have on here to give as an indication of whether or not it works for you. Generally speaking, if you have not seen ANY gains from a three month beginner routine, it means that either the exercises don't suit you, or personal reasons (inconsistent, bad technique, and so on), or you are unfortunately a hard gainer.

This brings me to my next point, how long is enough?

Time Given before Changes are Made:

As I mentioned earlier, the PE experience you have behind you will greatly determine the length of time you give to a certain routine/exercise/device. Using an extender for a month and then throwing it in the bin because you did not see gains is a terrible approach. PE takes time! As I mentioned there now, 3 months is a nice round figure to give as a base guideline of how long to give a certain exercise/device/routine.

However, this time limit greatly changes throughout your PE journey. I would give approximations for the members because I know how much you all love exactness, heck I love it too! Nothing worse than vague, uncertain, obscure advice. I would say for the first year of PE that the 3 month mark is a good go-to number for how long you should give a certain routine, device, or exercise without seeing gains.

After the first year, as you are all well aware of, gains are a lot harder to come by, they are more difficult and you need to put a lot more effort in than the honeymoon stage of your PE experience. So giving a certain routine/device/exercise only 3 months might be a little bit harsh.

I think 6 months is a nicer figure to allow a certain pattern before changing things around, IF you are seeing no gains. However, this does not take into account the fact that you might have to increase the intensity/quantity/pressure/weight hanged of the device you are doing.

I know I know, BUT Kick, you said not to change anything about the beginner routine earlier. I know I did, but this is a designated beginner routine specifically made to condition beginner PE'ers, after a year of PE it is fair to say that ALL guy's newbie gains will be gone at this stage, and also that you will need to consistently, but intelligently, increase things to encourage growth.

Increasing Intensity:
    This is a difficult one to give concrete advice on, so you might need to read around and ask the vets on here about it as it is not usually hard and fast answers to it. When you get up to a certain level of intensity, it might also be wise to stay at that level instead of constantly pushing the weight/tension/pressure. Sometimes less is more!

For example, when I wore the phallosan in medium tension I saw great gains, when I put it up to the highest tension I didn't see gains. Others on here have said the same about hanging, when they went up past 20 pounds their gains stopped and that their sweet spot is 15 pounds. So keep that in mind guys!

If you are not seeing gains and feel you are undertraining, then increasing the intensity of your routine is a must. You have to listen to your body here, but also think about it objectively, i.e. hanging 30 pounds is heavy for anyone, for example!

When and how much to increase intensity does not have clear definitive answers and can change from person to person. Luckily some of the great guys on here gave guidelines about increasing intensity with certain devices and exercises, such as the pumping guides found here: https://www.pegym.com/forums/groups/...schedules.html

And if you are seeing gains with your current routine, why do you want to change that? I cannot understand some guys on here, I have done x,y, and z and have saw great results, can I add/change/alter this by adding in all of these other exercises and devices? No, your objective is to see gains, if you are seeing gains, don't change a damn thing buddy.

Anyway, those are just some of my thoughts on the matter, feel free to chime in if you think I am full of crap or if you want to add anything to it
    kickinthemebs
    Member of the Month Feb 2014
    Last edited by kickinthemebs; 09-05-2014, 02:21 PM.
    League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Lots of good stuff here!

The biggest thing that I would like to add from my experience:

Many of us that have been here for a while see a pattern. For ever 20 guys that will start PE, only 1 or 2 seem to stick it out. I believe there is a very important reason for this. People anymore want instant gratification. They want to see their goal met in a matter of months - and when that doesn't happen they fall off.

When PE stops being a personal race to see how fast you can gain, it can actually be very enjoyable. Make it a lifestyle choice, not a race to the finish line. If you know that you will be PEing for years to come, who cares if you only gain a quarter of an inch per year (for example)? Year after year these gains will add up. 4 years from now after quitting, you may look back and say "I could have added an extra inch if I just would have stuck it out"... As someone who has been here for a while, It's actually a bit sad to see so many men bail out on their own personal goals just because they didn't take the time to mentally prepare themselves for a long and possibly challenging journey.

Don't get caught up too much about your gains - if you continue to work, you will continue to progress. It should be irrelevant how fast this happens, only that you stuck it out and continue to work towards your personal goal.
    2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

After the honeymoon period one must be willing to put in 6 months (or more) for 1/4 inch.

If you don't think it's worth it then it's not. To me it is.
      Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Can Phallosan be worn stealthily underneath the clothes?

Comment

Off topic, but if you are wearing loose fitting clothes = yes, wearing skinny jeans and a tank-top = no.

Originally posted by jcarrier View Post
          Can Phallosan be worn stealthily underneath the clothes?

Comment

I would be delighted with 1/8 inch in 6 months for girth!

Originally posted by BigO View Post
            After the honeymoon period one must be willing to put in 6 months (or more) for 1/4 inch.

If you don't think it's worth it then it's not. To me it is.

Comment

I would say this number would be a lot higher than that even! If you take the introduction page as an example, there would be around 10 new intro members a day, seven days a week, you would be lucky if one or two of those guys sticks it out over a year! It is unfortunate that most give up because it is an awesome hobby to have and a great community to be a part of

Originally posted by donjelqer76 View Post
              Many of us that have been here for a while see a pattern. For ever 20 guys that will start PE, only 1 or 2 seem to stick it out.

Comment

Great Information as always
                Start Stats
                27/07/2013

6.0 BPEL
                5.0 MEG

03/07/2014
                Current stats

6.9 BPEL
                5.4 MEG

Year Goal
                7.0 BPEL
                5.5 MSEG

Comment

Great thread as always KITM.

What I have been surprised to see is that some people how have gained is not satisfied with their gains. Some of these guys have increased their penis with 10 and 20% in less than a year and that is actually amazing. They should be really satisfied with their results. I think that if you would ask any guy who is not doing PE how happy he would be if could get a 10-20% bigger penis in a year. The only thing he had to do is workout 5 days a week. It almost sounds to good to be true but it is not. The only thing you have to do is to not give up and the chances are pretty good that you will see results.

For me it's inspiring to see how much some guys gains and it doesn't matter if it's 5-10% for a rookie or +30% for a veteran that has been doing this for many years. It just give me the feeling that I can do it too.

And most important as already have been spotted out here is to be in this business for the long run.
                  My road to a bigger penis

Comment

I think I was one of those guys.I now greatly appreciate even a small gain.Also I appreciate the increase in eq that I didn't even know I needed.i thought I had a 10 eq but I didn't.
                    Before 6.5 bpel 6.0 nbpel 4.9 meg
                    NOW 7.5 bpel 6.5 nbpel 5.6 meg
                    Goal 8.5 bpel 7.0 nbpel 6.0 meg maybe

Comment

Tl;dr, but if by "pull the chute" you mean PEing your prolapse, I would advise against it.

Comment

Absolutely worthless comment from a member who has been here since 2011 with 10 posts. Negative repped.

Originally posted by Rodger View Post
                        Tl;dr, but if by "pull the chute" you mean PEing your prolapse, I would advise against it.

Comment

Yup same here, I think it is incredible the dedication some of the guys have on here. The vets with decades of experience, really hope that is me some day! Just wish I learned about PE years ago

I think it is all about being here in the long run. When the newbie gains run out and gains take forever to achieve is what truly tests people's dedication and bottle on here, so hats off to them

Originally posted by Scandinavia View Post
                          For me it's inspiring to see how much some guys gains and it doesn't matter if it's 5-10% for a rookie or +30% for a veteran that has been doing this for many years. It just give me the feeling that I can do it too.

And most important as already have been spotted out here is to be in this business for the long run.

Comment

For sure, PE requires dedication, and most importantly, the belief that gains will come. Laziness is always creeping up before PE sessions, because i know that it will take me 1h and 30 min of hard work to do what i have to do. But its incredible that i now have a dick that, even though i think it can be bigger, doesn't make me ashamed no longer.

Comment

It definitely requires a hell of a lot of hard work and effort to put in the hours and stay dedicated week in week out to a routine.

Originally posted by jcarrier View Post
                              For sure, PE requires dedication, and most importantly, the belief that gains will come. Laziness is always creeping up before PE sessions, because i know that it will take me 1h and 30 min of hard work to do what i have to do. But its incredible that i now have a dick that, even though i think it can be bigger, doesn't make me ashamed no longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X