Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion about average

Hey guys,

I've read numerous studies on the 'average' penis, and they vary a lot. Plus, there's a lot of things that add to the confusion:

1) Some say average erect length is 5 inches, others say it is 5.5 inches, others say it is 6 inches, etc. Some measure in NBPEL, others measure in BPEL, others don't even specify what method was used, etc.

2) Some say average girth is 4.5 inches, others say it is 4.75 inches, others say it is 5 inches, etc. Some measure girth at mid-shaft, others measure girth at base, others measure girth at thicket point, etc.

All of the above really makes it hard for me to determine what the actual 'average' size is due to the enormous amounts of differences in the studies and the methods used to measure in the studies. Recently I came across this website which showed a reliable study: Mr. Average - The true story about penis size, from a site that isn't trying to sell you anything.

The website shows the study carried out by 'Lifestyle Condoms' and the average erect length (NBPEL; it said in the methodology that the measurements were done from the point where the penis meets the body) is 5.87 inches, and the average girth (mid-shaft) is 4.97 inches.

It's a reliable study, I've read, but doesn't 5.87 inches NBPEL and 4.97 inches mid-shaft girth seem too high for the 'average'? I'm only 5.65 inches NBPEL and 4.5 inches in girth.
    dob adjusted by admin

I'm confused too. I'm your size now. Started in inch shorter but average now, I guess. Good luck, get started, but most important, be safe
    A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Mraverage is one of the best studies out there. The exact average is going to differ a lot between studies. I prefer to refer to an average/normal range.

BPEL: 5.2" to 5.9"
      MSEG: 4.5" to 5.2"

Nothing scientific. Just my estimate based on reading a number of studies.
      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Studies are bpel unless otherwise stated so Lifestyles is bpel, as bpel, is where the dick meets the body.
        The only study I can think of which is nbpel is Wessels which gives a lower number of course.
        The girth number seems to come out between 4,5" and 5" despite different points of measure etc.

My thought would be.

Bpel 5.5" to 5.9"

Girth 4.5" to 5".

Kinsey did come up with a slightly higher bpel, it was 6" from memory . It was self measured whereas lifestyles was not. This was some of the original work in the area and goes waaay back.

Comment

This makes me feel huge.... well hell my dick is big. 9x6.5 is not big, it is a huge monstrous statistical anomoly. An 8x6 is the biggest dick in a room of 200 men. My girlfriend has a big wrist for a girl and now my base girth (almost 6 inches) is the same size as her wrist.
          chemicalagent420
          Last edited by chemicalagent420; 12-20-2014, 04:11 PM.
          9th Aug 2014: BPEL 6.25 MEG 4.9 Volume: 11.94
          7th Oct 2014: BPEL 6.50 MEG 5.45 Volume: 15.37 29% gain
          9th Feb 2015: BPEL 6.9 MEG 5.75 Volume: 18.12
          52% gain

My albums
          https://www.pegym.com/forums/members...20-albums.html

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
            S
            Bpel 5.5" to 5.9"
            Girth 4.5" to 5".
            This, pretty much. I'll throw in that while most clinical studies would be BPEL, any 'informal' study done by condom manufacturers would likely be NBPEL (and typically state "as far as a condom would unroll), since they have a vested interest in that data.

The Lifestyles data is also 'grey', as they never published anything themselves, nor does it anywhere state the detailed measurement method nor the raw data they collected. I think most people disregard that study these days for the reasons I mentioned.

Now as for average, three of the best resources I've found are the following:

How Long is My Schlong?

Super Complicated Dick Size Percentile Calculator

Compare yourself | Penis Size Studies

For all the above, measurements should be BP unless stated otherwise. For girth, most are vague, but I'd either average MEG & BEG for most, and use just MEG when attempting to calculate volume (since it assumes all penises are cylindrical).
            Phoenix7672
            Member of the Month Oct 2015
            Last edited by Phoenix7672; 12-20-2014, 04:29 PM.
            Original/Current Stats:
            2014-09-01: BPEL 6.8"/NBPEL 6" MEG 5.0", BPFL 5"/NBPFL 4" FG 4.4"
            2019-03-16: BPEL 8"/NBPEL 6.75" MEG 5.2", BPFL 6.75"/NBPFL 5.5" FG 4.5"

Goals:
            Realistic: BPEL 8.5"/NBPEL 7.5" MEG 5.5"
            Optimistic: BPEL 9"/NBPEL 8" MEG 5.75"
            Dream: BPEL 10"/NBPEL 9" MEG 6.5"

Comment

chemicalagent, if you're packing 9x6.5 - your ARE huge! I'm not, but good on you and I plan on gaining some girth, so thanks for the inspiration (Seriously)

I did check out that custom-made underwear/swimsuit website somebody mentioned here a few days ago, and I gotta wonder WTH do the REALLY, REALLY HUGE guys do with a dick and sac that large? Completely mindboggling to me.

Comment

The method used for the length measurement by the 'Lifestyle Condoms' study as stated on 'MrAverage' was:

Measuring of length was from the point at the base of the erect penis where the top of the penile shaft meets the pubic area to the tip of the glans ("head").

By reading that it sounds like it was NBPEL, because it says the measurement was done from the tip to the point where the shaft of the penis meets the pubic region (base). There's no mention of the pubic bone, so it probably was NBPEL. The average came out to be about 5.9 inches, and by the sound of the methodology it was most likely NBPEL. Given that, I think a 5.9 inches NBPEL average is high.

In terms of girth, I measure 4.5 inches at the thickest point which is near mid-shaft (more closer to the glans though). My penis is narrow at the base, thicker near the middle, and narrow at the glans. I think I barely make the cut-off for average in girth (probably a tad below average), because I am 4.5 inches at the thickest point and less than that anywhere else on my penis. Length wise I guess 5.65 inches NBPEL would be the average 'average' according to most studies, so that should be fine I guess.
                gamer4ever
                Last edited by gamer4ever; 12-20-2014, 05:30 PM.
                dob adjusted by admin

Comment

I say it again, you should assume studies are bpel unless you have a really good reason not to .

Here I discuss the difference .
                  https://www.pegym.com/forums/gym/714...html?highlight=

While fat pad seems to average .7" odd over the whole population, these were young guys so the pad is probably .5"" or less . This would make it 5.4 or 5.5" nbpel . Why people here even use nbpel at all is another question

Comment

The website shows the study carried out by 'Lifestyle Condoms' and the average erect length (NBPEL; it said in the methodology that the measurements were done from the point where the penis meets the body) is 5.87 inches, and the average girth (mid-shaft) is 4.97 inches.

I believe that is accurate.

Comment

That same study has been quoted both as BP and NPB depending on who posts it. Like I said, Lifestyles has never posted about it at all (which is odd, given it was their study), so that's why it has essentially been discredited by a lot of people.

It was also biased as most say it was college-aged spring breakers who wanted to measure up, so very likely only those who thought they had something to show/prove were used, and anyone who felt they were smaller would have stayed away.

Honestly, if I had to answer to what I believe average size likely is, I'd put it somewhere around 6 BPEL and 5.5 NBPEL, and around 4.75-4.8 girth, since that's more or less in line with a lot of studies, and the fact most normal condoms are not really for anyone who is 5" in girth or over (imo).
                      Phoenix7672
                      Member of the Month Oct 2015
                      Last edited by Phoenix7672; 12-21-2014, 10:20 AM.
                      Original/Current Stats:
                      2014-09-01: BPEL 6.8"/NBPEL 6" MEG 5.0", BPFL 5"/NBPFL 4" FG 4.4"
                      2019-03-16: BPEL 8"/NBPEL 6.75" MEG 5.2", BPFL 6.75"/NBPFL 5.5" FG 4.5"

Goals:
                      Realistic: BPEL 8.5"/NBPEL 7.5" MEG 5.5"
                      Optimistic: BPEL 9"/NBPEL 8" MEG 5.75"
                      Dream: BPEL 10"/NBPEL 9" MEG 6.5"

Comment

Most studies (clinical) averaged the estimate for length at 5.5 - 6.2 (bpel) and the girth (meg) at about 4.6-5.1. There are some who will fall short or above in either category. Just because a penis' length is higher than average does not mean it is above in girth but could be the contrary. They are just average and nothing else. If you split the deviant it would come out to 5.85x4.85.
                        Begin 7/25/2011:
                        NBPEL 7, BPEL 7.2, MEG 5.6, BEG 6

Current 12/05/2014:
                        FL 5.25, FG 5.2
                        NBPEL 7.8, BPEL 8.1, UEG 5.75, MEG 6.25, BEG 6.7

Long:
                        UEG:MEG 6.5

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...henewuser.html

Comment

I have no personal problem whether you are hung like king kong but please keep in mind that there are men hear with serious issues with their size (some below average), and I don't know if you realize it or not, your statement could be taken as boasting while others are working hard just to get above average or par with it.
                          Just sayin', man, no need to make them feel worse about their size then we have to.
                          Begin 7/25/2011:
                          NBPEL 7, BPEL 7.2, MEG 5.6, BEG 6

Current 12/05/2014:
                          FL 5.25, FG 5.2
                          NBPEL 7.8, BPEL 8.1, UEG 5.75, MEG 6.25, BEG 6.7

Long:
                          UEG:MEG 6.5

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...henewuser.html

Comment

Originally posted by thenewdude View Post
                            I have no personal problem whether you are hung like king kong but please keep in mind that there are men hear with serious issues with their size (some below average), and I don't know if you realize it or not, your statement could be taken as boasting while others are working hard just to get above average or par with it.
                            Just sayin', man, no need to make them feel worse about their size then we have to.
                            Firstly, Seriously. You come on here with a starting of 7.2 and 5.6 and talk about me being proud about my 6.75 X 5.6 that I WORKED MY ASS OFF FOR. Get out of here. You insensitivity is right in your signature. If you want to make guys feel better then quit showing off that you are going for a MEG OF 6.fucking5. If anything I technically started at the average so I know more about the psyche of an average guy than you ever will. SECONDLY, my comments are a rub at any guy that comes on here with the preset standard of needing an 8X6 to actually be big. Oh big surprise.... YOU. All I did was say if you start off at or slightly below average a 50% increase is a big dick. I don't know "if you realize it or not", but guys like you with a naturally big dick who neg on guys who worked extra hard for some gains are the ones who should STFU about success stories. You were born entitled so give me a break.
                            52% gain

My albums

Comment

If anyone who starts with an AVERAGE dick wants some advice from an AVERAGE guy who understands what it is to be AVERAGE feel free to PM me for support. You don't need to listen to guys born with wangs the size of a baseball bat to make some positive gains on this site.
                              52% gain

My albums

Comment

Working...
                              X