In need of some kegel and edging advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of some kegel and edging advice

I've been getting confused with edging and kegels and have a few questions that I hope can get answered.

Is it advised to do kegels before edging?

How do you know when you should increase the amount of reps of kegels? I am trying to increase my EQ to a skin-splitting hard level of erections and on a scale of 1 to 10 I feel that my erections get to around 8 to 8.5 max. When I hold an erection with not a lot of stimulation the underside chamber (not sure which part of the penis is called) isn't filled out with blood when I have a maximum erection. I want to be able to hold an erection with a little amount of stimulation and have that feeling of a maximum erection.

I also heard about doing the kegels erect, which is better when doing kegels, flaccid or erect? Does it matter?

What kind of kegel routine would you advise for an intermediate PE'er? (Any links would be appreciated)

My main goal with my routine is focusing on length and increasing EQ to as high as it can go. How long could it take for my EQ to get to the highest level of erections? I don't doubt that with the increased EQ my girth possibly will move up which I would be very happy to get.
    Aiming for a bigger, healthier willy!

Golf's progress log
    Start of PE (16.7.2013)
    BPEL: 6.75" MSEG: 5.25"
    Current (16.1.2019)
    BPEL: 18.7 cm MSEG: 13.5 cm

Foreskin regeneration is a possible way to undo circumcision

I do not advise doing more than 25x3 quick regular kegel sets in one day, and after a month you can add one set of 10 five seconds long holds to the mix.

Like with other exercises, your PIs should guide you through, if you are doing too many kegels your PIs will suffer, if not, your PIs will be through the roof, it takes some experimenting to find your right mix, then you will know when to do what, so start with less and move up to more over time, like with regular gym exercises, since your PC muscle is a skeletal muscle, it can get overworked and tired.
    A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

I don't know if you have any interest in this at all, but if you want to improve your EQ, clamping is awesome for it.

In relation to kegels, the main thing is to not overdo them. Too many, or too hard of clenches, and you will do more damage than good. Have a look in the injuries forum, half the guys there are as a result of kegels.

I typically used to keep my kegels to jelqing or clamping etc, as outside of that would be overkill.

Erect kegels are a more advanced exercise, but are far better imo. You can see and feel the kegels then. Try towel raises once you are experienced with kegels, if you want rock hard erections.
      League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by MrB8 View Post
        I do not advise doing more than 25x3 quick regular kegel sets in one day, and after a month you can add one set of 10 five seconds long holds to the mix.

Like with other exercises, your PIs should guide you through, if you are doing too many kegels your PIs will suffer, if not, your PIs will be through the roof, it takes some experimenting to find your right mix, then you will know when to do what, so start with less and move up to more over time, like with regular gym exercises, since your PC muscle is a skeletal muscle, it can get overworked and tired.
        What about doing reverse kegels? How would those be put into the 25x3 quick kegel routine? The same amount?

Golf's progress log
        Start of PE (16.7.2013)
        Current (16.1.2019)

Comment

Originally posted by kickinthemebs View Post
          I don't know if you have any interest in this at all, but if you want to improve your EQ, clamping is awesome for it.

In relation to kegels, the main thing is to not overdo them. Too many, or too hard of clenches, and you will do more damage than good. Have a look in the injuries forum, half the guys there are as a result of kegels.

I typically used to keep my kegels to jelqing or clamping etc, as outside of that would be overkill.

Erect kegels are a more advanced exercise, but are far better imo. You can see and feel the kegels then. Try towel raises once you are experienced with kegels, if you want rock hard erections.
          I'll be getting into clamping in the future but I don't see myself doing them until I've gotten a lot more length gains. I'll definitely keep in mind the amount of kegels that I do.

Getting injured from doing too many kegels seems a bit alarming. I didn't think you could hurt yourself very bad with kegels. I knew that you had to be cautious about how much you do but I guess it really is something to be aware about.

Golf's progress log
          Start of PE (16.7.2013)
          Current (16.1.2019)

Comment

Originally posted by Golf1094 View Post
            What about doing reverse kegels? How would those be put into the 25x3 quick kegel routine? The same amount?
            If you are maintaining balance then yes, about the same amount, if your pelvic floor is tight then do more reverse kegels than regular kegels. Favor regular kegels in cases of weakness and DE.
            A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Originally posted by MrB8 View Post
              If you are maintaining balance then yes, about the same amount, if your pelvic floor is tight then do more reverse kegels than regular kegels. Favor regular kegels in cases of weakness and DE.
              A person with a tight pelvic floor is a person that has involuntary kegels when erect, right?

Golf's progress log
              Start of PE (16.7.2013)
              Current (16.1.2019)

Comment

A person with a tight pelvic floor is a person that has involuntary kegels when erect, right?
                Yes, IKs are among the symptoms of having a tight pelvic floor.

Comment

I am a little apprehensive about doing an extending session a little after doing my stretches and edging session. Would it be better to do the edging session after the extending session? It seems like an edging session after doing the stretches helps in good ways from what I've read so I've been doing my edging session right after my stretches.

Also, I had in mind with edging sessions to do them on my workout days and do nothing on my rest days except doing an extending session. Would that be too much with edging with the consecutive days? Big Al suggests to do it 4 times a week and the way I am set up with the 2 days on 1 day off I will be getting 4 days of stamina work in.

Golf's progress log
                  Start of PE (16.7.2013)
                  Current (16.1.2019)

Comment

I think it would be better if edging came in after all your PE exercises.

Comment

No, you should be fine. Personally, I think edging is a very light-core exercise unless you are going over half an hour and hitting tonnes of PONRs. It is fine to do it around 4 or 5 times a week. It sounds fine what you suggested, doing it after your PE workouts. Again, test it out and see what suits you best in terms of where to place your edging sessions. I would fine great difficulty doing edging after a PE workout myself, my unit would be way too tired.

Also, I had in mind with edging sessions to do them on my workout days and do nothing on my rest days except doing an extending session. Would that be too much with edging with the consecutive days? Big Al suggests to do it 4 times a week and the way I am set up with the 2 days on 1 day off I will be getting 4 days of stamina work in.

Comment

For kegels I'm following minuteman's DO guide, which I think is really great for kegels: https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...tml#post496995

I'm also doing JP90 through the first set of both jelq types, but I do no kegels during the stretches since the DO guide has a purposely regimented work load.

I edge nightly -- on JP90 nights I limit my edging to 40 minutes, otherwise it's an hour. I only take rests from edging based on my body feedback or life interruptions. Mind you, in my edging, I only barely graze PONR, and relatively few times at that -- on purpose.

Just thought you might like the comparison. I started the edging first, was consistent for a month, adding in JP90 up to but not including jelqs, shortly introduced the DO guide, and then shortly added first set of jelqs. (Everything beyond edging got added relatively quickly, maybe over two weeks). My body has never given me any issues with this routine when I'm not being over zealous with my edging by well surpassing the hour planned.
                        Overcome Unwanted Arousal Escalation Triggers

BPFSL/NBPEL/BPEL
                        8/11/14: 169/147/161
                        8/26/14: 175/149/166 then stopped PE
                        1/15/15: 176/155/172 after month+ nightly edging

Comment

Originally posted by kickinthemebs View Post
                          No, you should be fine. Personally, I think edging is a very light-core exercise unless you are going over half an hour and hitting tonnes of PONRs. It is fine to do it around 4 or 5 times a week. It sounds fine what you suggested, doing it after your PE workouts. Again, test it out and see what suits you best in terms of where to place your edging sessions. I would fine great difficulty doing edging after a PE workout myself, my unit would be way too tired.
                          I will definitely do my edging tonight with the extending session I am doing. When I edge I don't get a ton of PONRs. I get around a handful or more PONRs depending on how long the edging session is. I had a handful of them when I did my 35 minute edging session yesterday. It turned out very nicely and woke up with good EQ so when it comes to my stretches and edging I don't have too much intensity with the workout.

With getting back into using the phallosan today I will see how edging after an extending session will work out for me. I'll be doing a short extending session because I took nearly a week off of the phallosan so I won't be overexerting myself with this session. I need to gradually increase the time of the sessions. I am going to put some more time into reading your Phallosan Tips thread.

Originally posted by chajadan View Post
                          For kegels I'm following minuteman's DO guide, which I think is really great for kegels: https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...tml#post496995

I'm also doing JP90 through the first set of both jelq types, but I do no kegels during the stretches since the DO guide has a purposely regimented work load.

I edge nightly -- on JP90 nights I limit my edging to 40 minutes, otherwise it's an hour. I only take rests from edging based on my body feedback or life interruptions. Mind you, in my edging, I only barely graze PONR, and relatively few times at that -- on purpose.

Just thought you might like the comparison. I started the edging first, was consistent for a month, adding in JP90 up to but not including jelqs, shortly introduced the DO guide, and then shortly added first set of jelqs. (Everything beyond edging got added relatively quickly, maybe over two weeks). My body has never given me any issues with this routine when I'm not being over zealous with my edging by well surpassing the hour planned.
                          I understand not wanting to hit PONR because of not wanting to climax too quickly into the session, and it is good that you are aware of how your body reacts to your edging and manual PE.

I'll check out the kegel routine you linked. I tried out MrB8's kegel routine recommendation yesterday and found the workout to be a decent balance because my PI's today was nice and my EQ in the morning was good, so I think at the moment I will stay with the 3 sets of 25 quick kegels and reverse kegels.

Golf's progress log
                          Start of PE (16.7.2013)
                          Current (16.1.2019)

Comment

A little update. I did my edging session after my extending session and I'll say that I did see a small drop in EQ. I am not all surprised. I did my edging session around 30 minutes after my extending session was over. Would it be best to wait a little longer for my dick to recuperate or find some other way to get my edging in without going after my extending?

I personally think that waiting a little longer would be better. Any other suggestions would be awesome.

Golf's progress log
                            Start of PE (16.7.2013)
                            Current (16.1.2019)

Comment

Experiment to see what is best for you

Comment

Working...
                              X