Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non bone-pressed measurement: side or top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non bone-pressed measurement: side or top?

This is going to be hard to explain, but I'll try my best. I measure slightly more along the side than along the top when not pressing in. I think this is because my fat pad starts to cover my shaft along the top, but if I bring the ruler to the side (without moving it forward or backward) it measures my entire shaft unhindered by extra skin. Basically my side shaft is longer because the fat pad covers it a little bit early along the top.

Is this standard? Can I consider my side NPB measurement my true length? If I press in very slightly on top I can get my side measurement, but otherwise it's about 1/4'' less. Since my side measurement is done without pressing in at all, that's what I go by, but I'm interested to know how the rest of you interpret this.

I measure from the side because it's impossible to get an accurate reading from the top. Depending on where I place the ruler, I can get anywhere from 5.5-6.25" measurement. There's no accurate base point to consistently start from, especially if you have an excessive fatpad or a pronounced curve from the shaft to the pubic region.
    Start - 5.5 NBPEL, BPEL (wasn't measuring - probably around 6.5), 5.5 MEG.
    Current - 7.5 BPEL,
    5.75 MEG.
    Started 3/2013.
    All manual so far.

Comment

The proper way is to measure along the top. You are correct about the side measuring longer- that is the same for most men. The bottom measures even longer in most cases, so you can technically claim that to be your NBPEL size. All in all, the proper and most accepted way by the majority of people is along the top (and yes this way usually does give the shortest length in comparison to the sides or the bottom, but it is the right way).

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by seanyboy View Post
        I measure from the side because it's impossible to get an accurate reading from the top.
        Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. I really don't know exactly where to begin measuring. For the sake of consistency, I can get more accurate measurements from the side because I do it the exact same way every time. Along the top there is some potential variation which could lead to inaccurate measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by thecrowing View Post
          Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. I really don't know exactly where to begin measuring. For the sake of consistency, I can get more accurate measurements from the side because I do it the exact same way every time. Along the top there is some potential variation which could lead to inaccurate measurements.
          Definitely for the sake of consistency (tracking gains and such) you can measure anywhere as long as it is the same place every time. What I meant by saying that you should measure from the top was for comparing to others, because the most general way to measure is from the top, so when comparing yourself to others (for example, average, etc.) it is best to measure from the top.

Comment

I was wondering the same, cause i got what it seems a whole 1inch fat pad or extra skin at 13%BF, but Will cutting up make the fat pad decrease and make NBPEL bigger???

Comment

Like small25 said, top is standard. Everyone measures longer from the side. But when studies or forum users report a NBPEL (or BPEL for that matter) length, this implies the measurement was taken with the ruler along the dorsal surface of the penis.
              pudendal
              Last edited by pudendal; 03-31-2015, 12:21 AM.
              2008: 6" BPEL
              Now: 7-1/8" BPEL
              Goal: 8" BPEL

Current Progress Log
              Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

I measure from my taint, but it taint the correct way. The top is the way to go and I taint kidding.
                Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I'm concerned less about the absolute BPEL number (although not entirely), and more about the relative change over time. For this reason, I always measure consistently. It's been said here already that the accepted method is along the dorsal edge, so this is the way I've always taken my measurement.

Someone else also commented on the variability of taking measurements along to dorsal edge, and I agree. For this reason I usually take three measurements, and look for the mean measurement. I also typically hedge back the measurement slightly (...say, 1/16" to 1/8") for a couple reasons:
                  1) It's hard to see exactly where the curve of the glans is hitting the end of the ruler;
                  2) There will always be a small amount of deviation (due to how hard I "press", skin thickness, the preciseness of my measurement angle, if I'm slightly of-center, etc.).
                  3) The ruler I use has slight 1/4" margin on the edge, before the actual scale begins. I need to account for this somehow, and this error correction alone introduces another error.

You get the idea; I'd rather err on the low side because I'm really interested in the relative change over time.
                  KEEP CALM and JELQ ON

Goal: BPEL 7.50"; EG 6.00"
                  Current: BPEL 6.5"; EG 5.25"

Starting: BPEL 5.75" EG: 4.625"

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-progress.htmll

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
                    I measure from my taint, but it taint the correct way. The top is the way to go and I taint kidding.
                    That was PUNNY

Comment

Working...
                    X