An informal treatise on factors limiting PE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An informal treatise on factors limiting PE

There are some deep-thinkers on this forum, and some great minds.....just curious to solicit comments on my ramblings!

Potential Delimiting Factors on Penis Growth:

1. Skin
    2. Fascia (dartos, areolar, Buck’s, tunica albuginea)
    3. Smooth muscle
    4. Suspensory ligaments
    5. Endocrine/hormonal
    6. Blood flow
    7. Recovery
    8. Nutrition
    9. Motivation/consistency
    10. Belief

In considering size of the penile body and structures, the largest, by volume, is the corpus caversosum, followed by the corpus spongiosum, areolar tissue, Buck’s fascia, and Tunica albuginea. (The skin was purposely omitted, here.)

In considering the location of these bodies/structures, the most- to least-superficial is the skin, dartos (containing both smooth muscle and elastic fibers, it is sometimes called “superficial fascia” and is also referred to as “Colle’s fascia” in the perineal aspect), areolar tissue (loose, connective tissue), Buck’s fascia (loose connective tissue, sometimes called “deep fascia”), Tunica albuginea (dense fibrous membrane), corpus cavernosum and spongiosum.

The skin of the penis has few discernible differences from any other area, and should respond readily to viscoelastic stretching methodologies.
    Dartos muscle: The dartos smooth muscle is specific to the male external genitalia and the vast majority of the penile dartos muscle is contained within the prepuce (foreskin). The dartos muscle consists of smooth muscle cells invested with elastic fibres. From the prepuce, the delicate, attenuated penile dartos muscle surrounds the shaft of the penis and is continuous with the scrotal dartos muscle.

Colles' fascia contains within it the superficial nerves and vasculature of the penis as well as the muscle fibers responsible for the scrotal rugae. Posteriorly, on the perineum, Colles' fascia attaches to the perineal body and travels across the superficial transverse perineal muscles, which run between the perineal body and the ischial tuberosities. Anteriorly, Colles' fascia fuses with both Scarpa's fascia and Camper's fascia of the abdominal wall. It may certainly be argued that the small size of the dartos would logically focus attention for growth, elsewhere…

Areolar tissue: Areolar connective tissues hold organs in place and attaches epithelial tissue to other underlying tissues. It also serves as a reservoir of water and salts for surrounding tissues. Almost all cells obtain their nutrients from and release their wastes into areolar connective tissue. Fibroblasts are widely dispersed in this tissue; they are irregular branching cells that secrete strong fibrous proteins and proteoglycans as an extracellular matrix. The cells of this type of tissue are generally connected by a gelatinous substance known as ground substance primarily made up of collagenous and elastic fibers. Importance, then, of hydration! How to increase collagen and elastin? Proper supplementation and protein intake.
    Fibroblasts make collagens, glycosaminoglycans, reticular and elastic fibers, glycoproteins found in the extracellular matrix, and cytokine TSLP. Growing individuals' fibroblasts are dividing and synthesizing ground substance. Tissue damage stimulates fibrocytes and induces the mitosis of fibroblasts.

Superficial to the tunica albuginea is Buck's fascia, a layer of tissue that encircles both the cavernosa and the spongiosum. The contiguous intercavernous septum of deep fascia divides the tubular formation of Buck's fascia to define a larger dorsal compartment that contains the two cavernosa and a smaller ventral compartment that contains the spongiosum. Buck's fascia is immediately superficial to the deep dorsal vein of the penis, the paired dorsal arteries of the penis, and branches of the dorsal nerves of the penis, all of which directly overlie the tunica. Buck's fascia covers the spongiosum and the crura at the penile base, helping to fix these structures to the pelvic bones and the inferior fascia of the perineal membrane.

The Tunica albuginea is a strong, thick fascial sheath surrounding the outside of the two corpora cavernosa and forming a septum in between.
    The tunica albuginea of the corpus spongiosum is considerably thinner (< 0.5 mm) than that of the corpora cavernosa (approximately 2 mm). Along the inner aspect of the tunica albuginea, flattened columns or sinusoidal trabeculae composed of fibrous tissue and smooth muscle surround the endothelial-lined sinusoids (cavernous spaces). In addition, a row of structural trabeculae arises near the junction of the 3 corporal bodies and inserts in the walls of the corpora about the midplane of the circumference.

It might then seem logical to work to increase size/expandability of the Buck’s fascia via direct stimulation. Especially when one considers the amount of Tunica albuginea that is ‘inaccessible’ to direct stimulation and massage, but which logically should respond to ‘compression’ from clamping or squeezes, or, perhaps, deep-tissue massage.
    However, if one considers that the real delimiting factor in growth is the difficulty in stimulating a growth-response or reshaping of the tunica albuginea, should it, therefore, be addressed first?

In other words, should one work to increase size/growth from the inside, out? Or from the outside, in? Or should one strive to work on both, simultaneously?

The corpora contain septa of smooth muscle, which form bizarrely shaped cavities. Vascular endothelium lines the septa and cavities. How to increase both smooth muscle hypertrophy and/or number, as well as inducing additional endothelial creation (angiogenesis)? Stretching via mechanical action, as well as inducement by chemical action. Compare the results of the gravid uterus to the corpora, especially as concerns mechanical stretching and activation.
    (The adaptive growth of the uterus is a critical event that involves changes in cellular phenotypes throughout pregnancy. In early pregnancy, uterine growth is due to hyperplasia of uterine smooth muscle cells (SMCs) within the myometrium; however, the major component of myometrial growth occurs after mid-gestation. This study sought to test the hypothesis that increase in myometrial growth seen during late pregnancy is due to SMC hypertrophy caused by mechanical stretch of uterine tissue by a growing fetus(es) by providing direct measurements of individual SMC size. We employed a stereological approach to calculate the average cell volumes of uterine myocytes through diameter measurements using the Stereoinvestigator statistical software. Uterine tissues were collected from nonpregnant Wistar rats, as well as from gravid and nongravid horns of unilaterally pregnant animals on gestational days (d) 8 (early gestation), 14 (mid-gestation), 19 (late gestation), 22 (term), and 4 days post partum. Anti-caveolin-1 immunostaining was used to clearly delineate SMC boundaries. The stereological analysis revealed that the dramatic increase in myometrial growth seen during late gestation (d19-22) is due to a threefold increase in the size of uterine myocytes. A significant increase in SMC volumes was detected in the gravid uterine horn as compared with the corresponding empty horn of unilateral term pregnant animals (day 22, mean cell volume 1114 vs 361 microm(3), P<0.05), indicating the effect of uterine occupancy. The restriction of the hypertrophy to cells within the gravid horn suggests that it may be a response to the biological mechanical stretch of uterine walls by the growing fetus(es) and placenta(s).) Mechanical stretch regulates hypertrophic phenotype of the myometrium during pregnancy. - PubMed - NCBI

Two ligaments suspend the pendulous penis from the anterior abdominal tissues and the pubis, known as the fundiform ligament and the suspensory ligament, respectively. The fundiform ligament is a continuation of Scarpa's fascia and of the linea alba as it travels downwards to fuse with Buck's fascia. The suspensory ligament is the more inferiorly located of the two structures and is a thickening of Colles' fascia. These ligaments are composed primarily of elastic fibers. Aesthetic and Functional Genital and Perineal Surgery: Male: Normal Penile, Scrotal, and Perineal Anatomy with Reconstructive Considerations

The mainstay of penile lengthening procedures are a combination of release of the suspensory ligament of the penis in combination with the use of postoperative penile weights of at least 10 pounds. Some men opt to use progressively heavier weights for anywhere from months to years, which act as tissue expanders. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/584195_4

So, I am just thinking-out-loud regarding the first 4 factors in the list!

Regarding penis enlargement---- and looking at these 4 factors either with or without the others---- do you believe that ‘holistic’ versus concentrated, specific work seems best?
    ​Li'l Uncle Reamus

Will there be a quiz on this later?

I'm petitioning to have your user name changed to - CorageonJunior

What is your source, and can you break it down into English for all to follow.
    TheZZMan
    Member of the Month Sept 2018
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by TheZZMan; 01-26-2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

lol.
      I didn't properly cite anything other than the last bit, as I compiled the rest from me old gourd......most from anatomy and physiology texts, online searches/sources, and what little common sense I have!

Also apologize for the loss of formatting from my original documents.
      ​Li'l Uncle Reamus

Comment

Holy crap. No comprende amigo. Albigina, Fascia, Buck and the whole crew got my head spinning. I'll leave this to others
        Start 3.16.15 - 7bpel, 6bpel, 5meg

Current 1.19.16 - 7.85bpel, 6.6nbpel, 5.3meg

Goal 1.19.17 - 8.5bpel, 7.5nbpel, 5.75meg

Comment

Its okay, d
          My mind is warped to function like this, lol. My family and friends don't understand how I got this way, either.
          Maybe it was the hallucinogenics.......
          ​Li'l Uncle Reamus

Comment

Huh? Ok, I had a few beers when I read this, I guess that may add to confusion. I have to ask, How many beers did you have when you wrote it?
            To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

Cav,
              Straight as a bear's prick, actually, lol.
              ​Li'l Uncle Reamus

Comment

A thread like this is a good idea

EQ is definitely a factor, and is responsible for blood flow, recuperation, and tissue expansion to some degree. It can be affected by hormone levels, stress, training. and the frequency of ejaculation.
                Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                  A thread like this is a good idea
                  Thanks, Big Al !
                  ​Li'l Uncle Reamus

Comment

Originally posted by FossilHead View Post
                    Thanks, Big Al !
                    You're welcome
                    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

It's interesting to be discussed to learn how dicks are different and how different routines might affect them. So that customized routines can be used for different dicks. However, it's one of those things that I'm not sure matters that much. Either you do a lot of PE and gain, or you're and easy gainer.

But it's definitely interesting to talk about.
                      Start 3.16.15 - 7bpel, 6bpel, 5meg

Current 1.19.16 - 7.85bpel, 6.6nbpel, 5.3meg

Goal 1.19.17 - 8.5bpel, 7.5nbpel, 5.75meg

Comment

Exactly right!
                        Like a group of 18-21 year old males might find that the tunica is far less a delimiting factor than, say, someone in their 40's......but in both groups, each individual is going to potentially be different.

Not sure that assuming the tunica albuginea is always the most-limiting factor is true/acceptable, anyway, even if it is likely.

Also wonder if specifically targeting one aspect, such as the tunica, will always pay dividends, or if working holistically towards gaining size makes more sense.....

Anyway, hope to have such discussions!
                        ​Li'l Uncle Reamus

Comment

Exactly right!
                          Like a group of 18-21 year old males might find that the tunica is far less a delimiting factor than, say, someone in their 40's......but in both groups, each individual is going to potentially be different.

Not sure that assuming the tunica albuginea is always the most-limiting factor is true/acceptable, anyway, even if it is likely.

Also wonder if specifically targeting one aspect, such as the tunica, will always pay dividends, or if working holistically towards gaining size makes more sense.....

Anyway, hope to have such discussions!
                          Wait, don't erase the board yet, I haven't finished writing my notes. Grumble, I know this is going to be on the final. Is there any extra credit I can do to help pull my grade up? Shine your shoes?. wash your car?...

Comment

Originally posted by TheZZMan View Post
                            Wait, don't erase the board yet, I haven't finished writing my notes. Grumble, I know this is going to be on the final. Is there any extra credit I can do to help pull my grade up? Shine your shoes?. wash your car?...
                            lol, you ain't rite.
                            Extra credit is given for turning me on to good craft beer that I haven't yet imbibed.
                            ​Li'l Uncle Reamus

Comment

lol, you ain't rite.
                              Extra credit is given for turning me on to good craft beer that I haven't yet imbibed.
                              You need not resort to hard to find craft beer. Just look for imports (provided you are from the states) and focus on English Ales. NewCastle is my personal favorite with Bass Ale a very close second. A little piece of heaven, just don't let Tamora know we talked.

Comment

Working...
                              X