Hernia question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hernia question

I know this isn't really related to pe I'd say, but i guess it doesn't hurt to ask. So I was diagnosed with an umbilical hernia today, I have an appointment to get surgiCal mesh here soon. I was curious how does this affect my future routine/gains? I know it's my lower stomach, but I know the body is interconnected. Should I keep doing pe right now? After surgery should I wait to start again? or should I be ok to start after the initial 2 or 3 day healing after surgery, I guess I'd view that as just taking a couple rest days from my routine. I just don't want to lose any potential progress I've made, cause I've gained a little under .25 inches in girth since I restarted about 3 months ago.
    July 2nd 2014 starting NBPEL: 7, BPEL:8, EG:5

restart January 8th 2020 NBPEL: 7 1/4 BPEL 8 1/4 EG: 5.4

realistic goal: NBPEL:7.5 BPEL:8.5 MEG:5.75

Dream 0.o NBPEL:8 BPEL:9 MEG:6

You should not do anything that might potentially aggravate your condition! Once you're cleared to perform vigorous physical activities (esp. abdominal exercises) you should be OK to return to training.
    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Your going to grab a couch for a week and not want to mve. unless it i of neccesity ie bathroom because you will be in pain.I know from experience
      Imagination expands the mind

Comment

I would let it heal brother. I would think that when you are ready to have sex again, you should be ready to ease back into PE. I have to ask, what are your symptoms? I recently posted about an issue I am having myself. Been to the doctor, and they have no clue so am scheduled to see a urologist next month. Through personal diagnosis, I am leaning towards it being an umbilical hernia pressing on a nerve. Any feedback would be great. Good luck with your surgery and healing!

https://www.pegym.com/forums/penile-...ting-pain.html

Comment

I'm an advanced lifter, and know proper form very well. Idk what I did, but about a week and a half ago, I picked up my rotweiler, and my belly button popped out. It hurt and was sore for a while. So I took a break from the gym, and when I was watching my daughter she would try to climb on me and step on that area. It would hurt really bad as well. Then I started to notice I wasn't going to the bathroom as much. And yesterday I picked my daughter up and it did it again and I couldn't move. I had to go to the hospital. Now after they did an ultrasound they were pushing on it alot to see it, and now I feel as if I have a bad fever. Nauseated, migraines, etc. It feels as if there is slight pressure and something pushing out from the inside. I would go to the er. Waiting too long it can become strangulated and that's when there are serious problems because that's part of your small intestine dying from lack of oxygen.

Comment

Originally posted by dukenukem8 View Post
            I would go to the er. Waiting too long it can become strangulated and that's when there are serious problems because that's part of your small intestine dying from lack of oxygen.
            Do you currently have a fever?
            It is unlikely, but there could be a perforation.....I think playing it safe and getting it checked out thru the ER is a good idea!
            ​Li'l Uncle Reamus

Comment

I didn't know I had a hernia whIle I was doing my routine, and it in no way hurt whatsoever. So I guess I'm just curious as to how it would hurt it. I am very careful as well. I would do my routine after surgery of course, I'd wait until I was healed. I am just curious, how would jelqing harm my hernia?

Comment

Ok, thanks for the response. Seems like you had a clear cut injury that caused your issues. My problem is a bit different and has been ongoing all my life. Doesn't mean necessarily that it couldn't still be an umbilical hernia, just not as severe. Or not. I guess it's still possible that there is an alien patiently waiting to burst out from my belly button. That was my second guess.

Comment

I'm an advanced lifter, and know proper form very well. Idk what I did, but about a week and a half ago, I picked up my rotweiler, and my belly button popped out. It hurt and was sore for a while. So I took a break from the gym, and when I was watching my daughter she would try to climb on me and step on that area. It would hurt really bad as well. Then I started to notice I wasn't going to the bathroom as much. And yesterday I picked my daughter up and it did it again and I couldn't move. I had to go to the hospital. Now after they did an ultrasound they were pushing on it alot to see it, and now I feel as if I have a bad fever. Nauseated, migraines, etc. It feels as if there is slight pressure and something pushing out from the inside. I would go to the er. Waiting too long it can become strangulated and that's when there are serious problems because that's part of your small intestine dying from lack of oxygen.
                  Are you currently undergoing treatment?

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Well, I'm not getting treatment. They said I didn't need any. They just said I need to get surgery and I'll be fine. A surgical mesh. The doctor just said to be careful when lifting my daughter and stuff and not overdo anything. That's why I was curious about it affecting pe. I would in no way strain my stomach. And it doesn't hurt if I'm just relaxed doing my routine. I would take at least 5 days off after surgery though just in case.

Comment

Well, I'm not getting treatment. They said I didn't need any. They just said I need to get surgery and I'll be fine. A surgical mesh. The doctor just said to be careful when lifting my daughter and stuff and not overdo anything. That's why I was curious about it affecting pe. I would in no way strain my stomach. And it doesn't hurt if I'm just relaxed doing my routine. I would take at least 5 days off after surgery though just in case.
                      So you're feeling better now. It was disconcerting to read your experience, and we're happy you're out of danger!

Comment

oh yeah, sorry I should have noted that I feel better now generally speaking. Here and there when I move a certain way, or pick something up, my belly button will pop out and will be really sore. I'm waiting on the surgeon to call me now for my appointment. But yes, I am functional. it's just uncomfortable now. I went ahead and did my routine earlier. only did one set cause I wasn't really feeling it today, and then edged later on. Thank you I appreciate that.

Comment

oh yeah, sorry I should have noted that I feel better now generally speaking. Here and there when I move a certain way, or pick something up, my belly button will pop out and will be really sore. I'm waiting on the surgeon to call me now for my appointment. But yes, I am functional. it's just uncomfortable now. I went ahead and did my routine earlier. only did one set cause I wasn't really feeling it today, and then edged later on. Thank you I appreciate that.
                          You're welcome, but you should be extremely careful! Stretching and kegeling will be felt in the abdominal region. IMO, you should rest until you've been cleared for performing light activities.

Comment

Working...
                          X