No announcement yet.

How does warming effect sperm quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does warming effect sperm quality?

My wife and I are planning to have a child in the next year or so. She is aware of my PE routines. Recently, she said she didn't think it was good for me to constantly apply excessive heat to my penis. About a year ago doctor once told us excessive heat can effect the quality of sperm when trying to conceive. She now thinks I should talk to a doctor before continuing PE'ing. I explained to her this is safe, and when done correctly (which I am doing) the excercises only produce positive benefits. Does anyone know if there are any negative effects on sperm quality from warming? My routine consist of a heated rice sock from the microwave for about 20-23 seconds to warm up for about 10-15 minutes before stretching and jelging.
    Beginning 1/31/12
    BPEL: 6.5, EG: 5.0

As of 1/25/2013

BPEL: 7.0, EG: 5 1/2

Goal
    BPEL: 7.5, EG: 6.0

Keep growing and showing!!

Good question, I've also heard this thesis from a doctor so I am curious what the senior members will have to say about that.

Comment

It's not good for your sperm. Actually, wrapping your balls in a cold wrap every day or so is GOOD for sperm production.
      Keep your heat source away from your balls as much as possible. I put a towel between my rice sock and balls when I warmup.

I forget where I read this information, but the source was reputable and I listened. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Comment

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I needed to find an answer quick otherwise I'd have to say goodbye to PE'ing...and that would suck big time!!! I mean I could always tell her I stopped, but still continue, but then how would I explain my new size,Lol...That's definitely not a good idea. Gator I really like the idea about the towel between your unit and the balls when warming. It makes since to me to keep them from as much heat as possible, since that's where the sperm is produced. Thanks for the informatin, I'll pass it on to her, I'm sure it'll make her happy...and me too!!
        ThicknessBlack
        Last edited by ThicknessBlack; 02-01-2010, 10:55 AM. Reason: typo
        Beginning 1/31/12

As of 1/25/2013

Goal

Comment

i put alot of heat when i warm up in the shower on my balls.... as long as it does not hurt me , i dont care

Comment

Gator, thanks for the information, now I'll know to do that as well.

Comment

dnice, since what I do with my unit effects my wife too, I have to care. She's one of the reasons I'm doing PE...I want her to enjoy my rewards as much as me.We're planning to have our first child next year sometime, so I definitely don't want to do anything that's going to cause that not to happen. Gator, I told her about your idea with the towel and she loved it...now she wants to make sure I don't get to big.Lol.
              Beginning 1/31/12

As of 1/25/2013

Goal

Comment

Like gator, I also wrap my balls, but instead of a towel I use a cold wet sock. I'm not quite willing to go infertile at the age of 19 because of PE. But as to why heat affects your sperm count. I have no idea. I'm just playing it safe anyway.

Comment

Here's a good article on why you shouldn't put your laptop on your lap -
                  Laptop computers lower sperm counts and increase infertility risk for men

Comment

I remember someone on here saying something that will help you decide on just how much protection your balls need.
                    Lets take the example of warming up with a hot wash cloth: Run wash cloth under hot tap which gets cool quite, wrap cloth around shaft/fat pad for 5-10 minutes with only the front/top of the sack being in contact with the cloth, re-warm frequently.
                    Now, here is someone having a bath: Fill the bath with hot/very hot water, submerge testicles fully for 30-60 mins.

I wouldn't worry too much about the effect of warming up on the testicles, not unless you are using an IR lamp.

Comment

I warm up for 15-25 mins and have always thought about this. Sometimes I do the towel things as someone mentioned above. I think I am going to start to incorporate some cooling methods for my balls.

Comment

Well I will be getting a semen analysis on Friday so I'll let you know how my count and morphology go, although I am fairly careful and only use a rice sock
                        August 09
                        NBPEL 6.25
                        BPFSL 7 & 7/16
                        BPEL - 6.9
                        EG 5.4
                        Current
                        BPFSL
                        8 5/8
                        BPEL 7 15/16
                        EG 5.75 (approx 6" mid)
                        NBPEL - approx 7"
                        The mind is like a fertile garden in which anything that is planted, flowers or weeds, will grow. - Bruce Lee

Comment

From day one I've used the rice sock, quick, cheap and very effective. I just heat it up for 20-23 seconds and wrap around my unit while sitting at the computer or watching tv. Usually stays heated for 5 minutes, maybe more. I always reheat it at least one more time.
                          Beginning 1/31/12

As of 1/25/2013

Goal

Comment

Working...
                          X