Do/Did you have hard flaccid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do/Did you have hard flaccid?

Wondering how many PEers either have or had hard flaccid at some point.

How many of you have recovered? Has the recovery been 100%? What did you do to treat your HF? How long have you had it?

I hope this threat can help those of us who are still struggling with hard flaccid, as well as give a good indicator to the number of us who have this issue.
    No, never had it.
    38.57%
    Yes a long time now, and I still do.
    20.00%
    Yes, but I am all better.
    11.43%
    Yes, I got it recently (1 month ago)
    30.00%
    CaptainJohnson
    Retired Moderator
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by CaptainJohnson; 03-26-2012, 10:57 PM.
    "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
    "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

I have had it since september of last year but havent really seen much improvement until recently.

I believe I got it from a combination of pulling too hard in a session with many many kegels being done during the day.

Stretches do seem to help though as well as breathing and maybe even reverse kegels exercises.

Sometimes it is worse after I ejaculate but sometimes it is almost all better... I have no idea in why this is...

I have no reason to believe that this is permanent.
    Hope = "Hoffnung" und es bleibt bei mir.

Comment

I'm spending a lot of time researching this and will be talking to a urologist tomorrow. Seems the theories on it relate to tense muscles or pelvic spasms that occur due to a number of reasons (muscle injury, stress, hernia, etc.). I have spent time on some sites looking over the info and it seems HF has little to do with venous leakage or thrombosis, and everything to do with the pelvic floor. This means the only issue that could be involved besides muscles is the prostate, as it impacts the pelvic floor.

Pronounced veins during HF seem to cause people distress and many assume venous leaks and thrombosed veins when there are, in fact, none.

Comment

Never.

Comment

I am almost positive this has to do with a chronically tight pelvic floor. Since my PC muscle never relaxes all the way the smooth muscle doesnt cut off the outflow properly. I am also almost positive that this is the cause of hard flaccid.

So anyway for the past month or so i have been edging quite a bit which causes me many involuntaries per session and recently it has started to affect my sex life more than before. Beginning is fine but after 5 or 10 minutes i will lose my erection. It never went away completely before and as you can imagine it has caused both my girlfriend and i some good amount of stress. This got me thinking hard about what the problem was and so i went through my log, noticed all the edging, thought about all the involuntaries, thought about my pelvic floor (and i mean really thought about it like meditation style), and decided to keep it relaxed as much as possible. Let me tell you it is quite a battle. It is so subtle that i dont even notice so i have to think about it like 100 times a day. BUT since i have started this and incorporated it into edging and masturbation i have noticed a fuller more pliable flaccid hang and harder erections with a fuller glans. I really have to concentrate to remain relaxed while edging or masturbating and i am nowhere near cured but i really think this is the answer for me and hopefully it may help somebody else who has a similar problem.
          pterodactyl

Currently on the Phallosan Forte

Comment

I have not had it. Don't know how you get it, don't know how you get rid of it. I do know for MANY men it is a problem because it's in their head, not actually physical.
            Not saying all men, just a lot.
            Also, check this poll out.
            https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...pe-injury.html
            Not many out of all the injuries on there.
            Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
            Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
            Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
            http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by siaslguy
              I got it and got rid of it.

I totally agree with pterodactyl. What I had--which matched the symptoms that people here call HF--developed while I was doing JP90 and was doing too many kegels for what my pelvic floor could handle. I gave it some time off, heat, and constant conscious relaxation of my pelvic floor muscles (reverse kegels periodically, trying to just relax most of the time). In two weeks I was 90-95% better. In three months I was completely better.

I think chronic PC tightening was affecting me before I developed HF and I just didn't know it--thought it was normal. Now I'm into my 7th month of PE and have been paying much more attention to my body and I am healthier for it.

I read a lot about the pelvic floor muscles ("Healing Pelvic Pain" and other sources). People with injuries or more serious HF may need physical therapy to get the healing process started. These are tricky muscles with complicated and far-reaching connections to other parts of the body.
              Any advice for someone going on 6 months of having it?

Comment

Hoff does your pelvic floor feel tense all the time? Do you have an involuntary kegel problem? When you edge do you find yourself squeezing your pc throughout?
                pterodactyl

Comment

Had a thought...

I had complete control of my kegels before, and I loved to do them during sex... but after that day of constipation I lost it. I feel like I am gaining the control back. I have avoided sex and ejaculation for a week now, and my penis seems it spends less time in the hard flaccid state. Also, the hard flaccid itself seems less extreme. I am still having trouble urinating, and when I try to lightly kegel to push piss out towards the end, it becomes a strong, forced kegel that I cannot control the power of. Also, I seem to be leaking pre-cum (prostatic fluid?) again in larger quantities. This may be because I haven't blown a load in a week mixed with my messed up pelvic floor, but part of my hopes it has to do with my slow progression towards recovery. At the end of the two weeks, I am going back to my GP and asking for a referral to a physical therapist again.

Still trying to understand how this all happened and what my symptom changes really mean.

Comment

You know when i eat too much or become "irregular" for a day or two i seem to lose some bloodflow down there. You may be onto something here Captain.
                    pterodactyl

Comment

Thanks for the support but I am actually taking shots in the dark with recycled bullet shells...

The constipation thing was covered previously by Eroh on the HF forum Obitoo made. I was just trying to figure out why I lost control of my pelvic floor, as someone who had complete control over his PC muscles and ejaculation previously. I figure it was overworking, but the more I think about it, I think I was already at risk as I have been using my pelvic floor more over the past 3 years since my initial hernia surgery. I never considered that could have caused the problem to begin with. The constipation and work out and kegels just caused me to overdo it and finally trigger my HF. When I do sit-ups and pull-ups, I naturally flex those same pelvic floor muscles. I flex them when I am done peeing and want to clean out the last drops. I flex them when I am done dropping brown gold and I want to make sure my gold-mine is empty. All this flexing probably shows a weakness in some pelvic muscle.

I think chances are I will recover back to my old self over time, but there is also a chance I won't without physical therapy. Either way, I think I can benefit from physical therapy to help strengthen an existing weakness I never truly recognized. I always had great PC control, so I am thinking some other muscle is weak. Hopefully I can work this all out.

My suggestion to everyone is consider all their past habits flexing these muscle groups, and try to recognize if they had a previous muscle weakness in the pelvic area.
                      CaptainJohnson
                      Retired Moderator
                      PEGym Hero
                      Last edited by CaptainJohnson; 04-07-2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pterodactyl View Post
                        Hoff does your pelvic floor feel tense all the time? Do you have an involuntary kegel problem? When you edge do you find yourself squeezing your pc throughout?
                        I can't say it does but there are certainly times when I notice it is tighter than usual. I am still not sure of how/what this involuntary kegel problem is per se but I often find myself having to release/relax my pelvic muscles throughout the day by "letting go." Whenever I edge I try not to squeeze at all and if anything I end up doing reverse Kegels. If I kegel I can certainly tell as it seems more forceful than before.

Important question for all here:
                        When any of you perform a normal kegel, does you penis move to the right or left instead of going straight up or down?
                        Mine goes to the left a bit instead of going straight up and down as a normal one would.

Why is that important to ask? Well after being evaluated my right side of my pelvic floor is stronger and looser than my left, so when I perform a kegel with this imbalance in mind, the tighter/shorter/weaker muscles on my left side will sway my penis a little to the left during a kegel.

Comment

Originally posted by pterodactyl View Post
                          I am almost positive this has to do with a chronically tight pelvic floor. Since my PC muscle never relaxes all the way the smooth muscle doesnt cut off the outflow properly. I am also almost positive that this is the cause of hard flaccid.

So anyway for the past month or so i have been edging quite a bit which causes me many involuntaries per session and recently it has started to affect my sex life more than before. Beginning is fine but after 5 or 10 minutes i will lose my erection. It never went away completely before and as you can imagine it has caused both my girlfriend and i some good amount of stress. This got me thinking hard about what the problem was and so i went through my log, noticed all the edging, thought about all the involuntaries, thought about my pelvic floor (and i mean really thought about it like meditation style), and decided to keep it relaxed as much as possible. Let me tell you it is quite a battle. It is so subtle that i dont even notice so i have to think about it like 100 times a day. BUT since i have started this and incorporated it into edging and masturbation i have noticed a fuller more pliable flaccid hang and harder erections with a fuller glans. I really have to concentrate to remain relaxed while edging or masturbating and i am nowhere near cured but i really think this is the answer for me and hopefully it may help somebody else who has a similar problem.
                          What exactly do you do ptero to get as close to normalcy as you can?

Comment

^ During sex or masturbation, when i notice tightness, i relax my PC. During the day i constantly relax my PC. Thats about it so far. Baby steps you know? =)
                            pterodactyl

Comment

I also realized I really loved to push for an orgasm by tightening my PC muscles like crazy during a blow job. I think since I didn't let myself blow my load that one time, all that PC work and no relief might have helped cause the injury.. also the amount I worked my PC shows how much I relied on them to cum.

Holy shit I am horny. Over a week now without blowing a load... My girlfriend also refuses to let me go down on her until I fuck her again... six days to go....

Comment

Working...
                              X