No announcement yet.

Ido Portal Squat Routine (Hindi Squat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ido Portal Squat Routine (Hindi Squat)

Just watched this video on youtube and the whole routine takes place in the hindi squat. What do you guys think about this?

https://youtu.be/lbozu0DPcYI

I think everyone can stand to increase their hip mobility. Thumbs up!
    "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
    Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
    Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
    As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool View Post
      I think everyone can stand to increase their hip mobility. Thumbs up!
      I agree very much. All while fighting Pre-E at the same time.

Comment

It's the "touch butt in the park dork" if anybody gets the reference.

But I like these variations in all seriousness. I think the deeper one can get the better. I really like the last variation with trying to put head on the ground. I felt that very much in my groin.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman84 View Post
          It's the "touch butt in the park dork" if anybody gets the reference.

But I like these variations in all seriousness. I think the deeper one can get the better. I really like the last variation with trying to put head on the ground. I felt that very much in my groin.
          I do understand the reference, haha. Although, I find it unfortunate that some people don't take Ido Portal serious. People forget their goals are not the same as his. He trains for mobility so when he gets older he can still function at an enjoyable level, unlike all these professional fighters who aren't going to be able to use their brain or move around very well when they are older.

I think those people know what he does is effective, they just don't want to admit it because it isn't their favorite athlete training with him. I'm glad you found this routine helpful though.

Comment

What serious athletes do is often health negative and extreame mobility can actually be health negative as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
              What serious athletes do is often health negative and extreame mobility can actually be health negative as well.
              Practicing movement and mobility can be a negative? How so? I suppose anything not done in moderation is bad, but how can preparing for old age by practicing flexibility and mobility hurt you?

Comment

Slunk i dont think pegaus was saying movement and mobility is a negative in general. But his words "extreme mobility towards serious athletes". The extreme end has a point of diminished returns, and increased risk of injuries . If you google about streching being bad but there is a whole group of people that state stretching and extreme mobility is bad.Granted the big key word here is extreme. Most the Ido portal stuff i seen is dynamic stretching, and not static which is much more beneficial to athletes.

One argument is that tightness is caused by imbalance and stretching weakens muscles and not really lengthen. That is other peoples words not mine. That works great for a pelvic floor thats too strong and tight . The extreme end its too stretched or weakened to contract properly and cant orgasm. Granted this is what we all know but that same principle applies to other part of the body if its too stretched it wont contract for full potential for athletic purposes.

Comment

Yeah what sppon said . In basic terms stretch of the liagaments can leave the body with less support.

Comment

Im not one to bump threads but these progressions are really good after spending time in them. The more i push the squats, the more Intense rhe stretch in pelvic floor, and faster the results. I feel doing these and doing more intesne variations are better to do then just sitting and holding your basic squat IMO.

Comment

Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                        Yeah what sppon said . In basic terms stretch of the liagaments can leave the body with less support.
                        Ahh, I misunderstood before. That does make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman84 View Post
                          Im not one to bump threads but these progressions are really good after spending time in them. The more i push the squats, the more Intense rhe stretch in pelvic floor, and faster the results. I feel doing these and doing more intesne variations are better to do then just sitting and holding your basic squat IMO.
                          That's good to hear. I've been enjoying them too.

Comment

Started this today before my weekly leg day, will see how they affect my performance

Comment

I swear by this routine and adding happy baby pose. I think squats are amazing and can help everybody, but everybody has different length legs, muscles imbalances, levers, and wti5h9this routine hits a lot of areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X