Questions about the tennis ball massage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the tennis ball massage

How long do you usually do this massage for? I'm just starting it and don't want to be an idiot by overdoing it. 2 min? 5 min? What's a good time range? For those of you who did it, how many weeks/months did it take before you saw results? What sort of sensation should I feel during the massage? Is it better to sit on it or to roll on it? Horizontal or vertical roll? Should I focus more on the area near the ass or closer to the balls?

The correct way to do it is whatever way gives you a good massage. I just kind of sit on it, put my legs outward and slightly bent like I'm in a tub, and use my arms to move my body over the ball. I go in all directions. Let your sore muscles tell you where to go. Start off with a minute and see how you feel. I don;t think you will need to do the massage very long as they are small muscles.
    I really dont do it too much anymore since I just do quick vigorous massages with my two fingers. They get the "hard to reach" spots much better but I certainly used the tennis ball. How long probably depends on the person.
    HansTwilight
    Retired Moderator
    PE Gym Editor
    Member of the Month Jan 2017
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by HansTwilight; 01-19-2017, 05:47 PM.
    My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

It's easy to get isolated and just do the perineum area if you have pre e . This would only take a few minutes especially at first . There is no need to overdo it th first session you can build time and force over a number of sessions .
      I would encourage guys to use the tennis ball or roller more generally . I recently went to a class at the gym where we used them for half an hour on glutes r cuff etc . I felt it was great for general rehab . Surprised how much tightness I had in the glutes etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBob223 View Post
        I really dont do it too much anymore since I just do quick vigorous massages with my two fingers. They get the "hard to reach" spots much better but I certainly used the tennis ball. How long probably depends on the person.
        Does that finger massage help your pre E? I've been doing what you're doing since October with little improvement. The only thing it seemed to cure was my hard flaccid. Still have bad premature ejac and pelvic tension though.

Comment

Congrats on curing the hard flaccid!
          How often are you doing the yoga and the stretching? What about the belly breath combos?
          Your pre e wont go away until the tension does. even then you will have to treat the pre e with other methods.
          no the massage helps with sore muscles.
          My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Congrats on curing the hard flaccid!
            How often are you doing the yoga and the stretching? What about the belly breath combos?
            Your pre e wont go away until the tension does. even then you will have to treat the pre e with other methods.
            no the massage helps with sore muscles.
            I do yoga, stretches, and foam rolling, and RK's usually for 2-3 days, then rest for a day or two and then another 2-3 days of my routine. Can't do squats because knees are messed up at the moment. I do diaphragm breathing everyday. I also use a heatpack on my pelvis before the massages and RK's. My PT also advised me to do core strengthening as stronger core (specifically the abs, bcause the pelvis also counts as the core) will take pressure off the pelvis and may decrease tension. I'm doing planks for the core strengthening. I feel like I'm racing against time because I'm seeing a girl but can't have sex with her because of my condition. I'm so stressed over all of this.
            Last edited by grego; 01-19-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Stress aggravates the condition. Try doing the stuff everyday. I find it strange that your therapist is telling you to do core work. My therapist said not to do any. You do realize that when you do core work you are tensing your pf which is completely counter productive. You need to train those muscles to relax before you can challenge them with core work which is inevitable going to cause you to kegel.
              My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Stress aggravates the condition. Try doing the stuff everyday. I find it strange that your therapist is telling you to do core work. My therapist said not to do any. You do realize that when you do core work you are tensing your pf which is completely counter productive. You need to train those muscles to relax before you can challenge them with core work which is inevitable going to cause you to kegel.
                The argument in favor of them is that a stronger core in that area will take stress off the pelvic floor muscles which may be taking on burdens of weak abs. Regardless, I do 2 sets of 45 second planks and do diaphragm breathing during it. I try not to tense for long and always make sure to be stretching PF during the plank.

Comment

Originally posted by grego View Post
                  The argument in favor of them is that a stronger core in that area will take stress off the pelvic floor muscles which may be taking on burdens of weak abs. Regardless, I do 2 sets of 45 second planks and do diaphragm breathing during it. I try not to tense for long and always make sure to be stretching PF during the plank.
                  Oh I forgot about planks. Yea those are actually ok as long as your breathing.
                  My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Activating my deep abdomen, especially the low part below the belly button, during edging helps me relax the BC muscle. I think core stabilization work is probably currently undervalued in peoples current routines.
                    Training for the deep muscles of the core - Diane Lee and Associates
                    Nerdy Stuff for PreE Beginners

Comment

This is so true. Good link. I have been working these and working to release the Psoas Muscles. The tie between all muscles of the core, back, pelvis and thighs is huge. Great job.
                      ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Working...
                      X