Have anyone seen a Urologist for PE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have anyone seen a Urologist for PE?

I have been seeing a shrink for anxiety issues, he prescribed me Lexapro but I never started it.

I was having a another discussion with him this week about my PE. He suggested taking what he prescribed would help but suggested to go see a urologist to find the cause and best treatment.

It's such an embarrassing thing to talk about. Has anyone gone to a urologist for treatment options for PE?

Originally posted by mjn View Post
    I have been seeing a shrink for anxiety issues, he prescribed me Lexapro but I never started it.

I was having a another discussion with him this week about my PE. He suggested taking what he prescribed would help but suggested to go see a urologist to find the cause and best treatment.

It's such an embarrassing thing to talk about. Has anyone gone to a urologist for treatment options for PE?
    Depending on where in the world you are from, the uroligist might propose various courses of action.
    SSRI and other anti depressants do a great job of reducing the sensitivity in your genitalia to the point where you can go completely Rocco Siffredi for 30 minutes without feeling a single thing - depending on the effect you have.
    Some tries tramadole, the painkiller reduces sensation everywhere, but is known to delay ejaculation. Some have the same effect from paracetamol/acetominophen, but that is doubtful wether it is the pharmacological effect or just the psychological effect.
    The downside to pharamaceuticals is, that you have to plan ahead, and that isn't what most people are looking for.
    If you are looking for things you can do to your penis, frenulectomi is proposed by some, but it can't be undone, and if you end up feeling nothing, you're basically screwed.
    My preferred method if I want to be longlasting is to put some local anaesthethic ointment (like lidocaine - Emla Numbing cream) in a condom and put it on, and let it soak for 15-30 minutes (retract your foreskin if you have any otherwise you have a sensitive head and numb skin), depending on desired effect - 30 minutes is a very long time.
    Just remember to wash and rinse the penis to avoid having ointment/creme in contact with a new condom later, or numbing your partner to the point where nothing makes any sense.

I read about some people having success with a special penisring that stimulated the frenulum area very much, inducing the ejaculation even faster, but after several months of use, people had achieved some extra minutes of penetrative sex. Can't remember where I read about the product

Comment

You (or your insurance) are paying a lot of $ to the shrink. You need to be willing to try what they are suggesting.
      I understand you not wanting to take prescription meds for your anxiety though. So many meds have side effects that are not so good.
      Have you considered looking into alternative means of managing your anxiety?
      Regular exercise has been shown to be an excellent means of managing stress. How is your overall fitness level?
      My wife suffers with anxiety and she seems to have gotten as much if not more benefit from diet changes, essential oils, exercise to manage her anxiety than taking prescription meds. She still has some meds on hand in case she has an event that really gets her out of sorts.
      You can't let your embarrassment get in the way of talking to a professional about help for the issue. Urologists have heard it all before and if you find a good one, they should make you comfortable about talking openly regarding any issue. If not, keep searching for one you feel comfortable with. You are the customer when seeking professional help for physical and/or mental issues. Don't let the healthcare pros make you feel as though you are their to serve them. Find someone who genuinely seems concerned and wants to help.
      Aug 2012: BPEL: 6.25", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5.25"
      Jan 2016: BPEL: 6.75", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5 3/8"
      4/16/16 BPEL: 7.0", BPSF: 7 7/16"", MEG:5.5

Comment

Thanks, I'm not sure what to expect by seeing a Urologist. I'm in the US. I am circumcised. I have tried promescent, but that didn't help me at all. I should say, I've only tried on the frenulum, never on the top of the head
        Last edited by mjn; 03-26-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by domnus View Post
          Have you considered looking into alternative means of managing your anxiety?
          Regular exercise has been shown to be an excellent means of managing stress. How is your overall fitness level?.
          The say my anxiety is very mild, so medicine is not necessary, but he still prescribed because he thinks it'll help. My overall fitness level could be better. I exercise regularly. I just had a physical and all tests came back super. When I feel anxiety coming along, I just breathe and it goes away. However, that never works for sex

I don't eat many fruits or veggies though. I take 1 multivitamin (Centrum) a day, 1000 Vitamin C, and 720 fish oil

Comment

Originally posted by mjn View Post
            Thanks, I'm not sure what to expect by seeing a Urologist. I'm in the US. I am circumcised. I have tried promescent, but that didn't help me at all. I should say, I've only tried on the frenulum, never on the top of the head
            Personally I would be very hesitant to have any procedure done to improve my sexlife, since it is mostly based on empirical evidence and not randomized controlled trials.
            What the urologist could do for you, is to examine you to see if there is any obvious "defect". For instance scarring in the frenulum that might cause frenulum breve, witch can give premature ejaculation.
            Other than that, he/she may have some tricks up their sleeve that you can share with the rest of us

It is not embarrassing to go to the doctor to talk about a problem - unless your problem is that the remote to the TV, 2 shot-glasses and the cap of a sharpie-marker is stuck in your rectum, and you have no idea how they got their... But you know they're there...

Comment

Wtf /wtf /wtf /wtf /wtf/wtf

Pills operations yada yada wtf .

Look read the stickys put it into action, start a log.

Many guys have been to uro to rule out any underlying physical issue don't recall it has helped anyone. Guys commonly come here after being to uro etc with no help.

Comment

I have seen an urologist 3-4 years ago and asked him if there was any pills or something to cure premature ejaculation. The only thing that he told me was that it's because my mind wasn't relaxed, only thinking about cumming early and that I could try tantric sex.
                Stupidest thing ever. I admit I was happy when I left because I felt confident, but I still couldn't last 3 thrusts.
                Read the stuff on this forum, get to know the source of your PE and start a routine.

Hope you find your way!

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                  Wtf /wtf /wtf /wtf /wtf/wtf

Pills operations yada yada wtf .

Look read the stickys put it into action, start a log.

Many guys have been to uro to rule out any underlying physical issue don't recall it has helped anyone. Guys commonly come here after being to uro etc with no help.
                  You know, if you have no clue what a urologist would tell you, you could buy some lame argument about a procedure they like (and charge money for).
                  By informing people what options they may be presented they can search information in their own pace before seeing a urologist, and be prepared to ask questions.
                  I may not have a high postcount, or any longstanding presence in the forum comunity, but I do write my posts (in poor english) based on some experience with various departements of medicine. I think it is a testament to this place, that "healthprofessionals" search information here, instead of going to their colleagues

Comment

Working...
                  X