No announcement yet.

Can Some People Just Not Handle Kegels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Some People Just Not Handle Kegels?

Whenever I add kegels into my routine my pelvic floor gets very tense within 2-3 weeks. I can tell it's tense because I'll start getting IKs after urinating and my normal edging duration decreases. Then I stop doing kegels and only RK and squat and my pelvic floor is back to normal in another 2-3 weeks. My kegel routines aren't even that intense and I always alternate RKs with kegels. Do other people face this same problem or just me?

I want the strength to have MMO, but I can't seem to handle kegels.

My previous routine was
    10 Tri step kegels/ 10 tri step RKs with 2 days rest in between
    3 minute squat + pelvic floor massage for 5 reps every morning and night

Yes some just can't handle kegels. One of the administrators, BigO advocates no Kegels because of the troubles people experience with kegels. Myself and others want kegels removed from all beginner routines. Kegels can be a real problem. I believe it is due to how much stress men hold in thier pelvic floors.
    ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Maybe you need to not do so many ?

You know like not overworking things ?
      Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
      Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Don't do such strenuous kegels maybe?
        You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

The thing is they don't feel strenuous to me. I'll get my PF balanced and decide to throw in kegels. Each time this happens I start with a lower volume than before but it just winds up giving me too much tension after a couple weeks.

The routine I was doing was like 10/90 in favor of RKs/Squats.

Comment

You can cause tension in your PF with reverse kegels.

Get on a routine more around 50/50.
            You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

What's your walking around level of tension like and how has it changed over time?

Has your posture changed since you've been treating your PreE?

MMO doesn't require great strength.
              SoftMmoNoPreE
              Last edited by SoftMmoNoPreE; 04-23-2017, 08:43 PM.
              Nerdy Stuff for PreE Beginners

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful10x8 View Post
                Yes some just can't handle kegels. One of the administrators, BigO advocates no Kegels because of the troubles people experience with kegels. Myself and others want kegels removed from all beginner routines. Kegels can be a real problem. I believe it is due to how much stress men hold in thier pelvic floors.
                I think when it comes to that extent, it may be better to educate beginners before implementing them. It's always do kegels this, do kegels that, then people overtrain.
                HansTwilight
                Retired Moderator
                PE Gym Editor
                Member of the Month Jan 2017
                PEGym Hero
                Last edited by HansTwilight; 04-23-2017, 08:37 PM.
                My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

The problem seems twofold. In my case, for instance, kegels lead to greater penile sensitivity almost immediately, and therefore to faster ejaculation. But on the other hand, non-kegel routine (hindi squatting only, in my case) causes another problem, which is urine leakage (and sperm as well, even an hour after ejaculation, which wouldn't happen before I started the routine).

Lately I introduced kegels again, but i try to do them as slowly as possible, in a position where I can isolate them best (namely a squatting position or in "a cat"), concentrating only on the BC (front, penis) muscle, which seems way weaker than the rear (PC, rectal). And I do only 5 or 6 repetitions, not very strong. Maybe that's the way to make it at least slightly stronger, but not causing any additional tension.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post
                    You can cause tension in your PF with reverse kegels.

Get on a routine more around 50/50.
                    I didn't know RKs could cause tension. Ill try just doing basic kegel holds with RKs 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by SoftMmoNoPreE View Post
                      What's your walking around level of tension like and how has it changed over time?

Has your posture changed since you've been treating your PreE?

MMO doesn't require great strength.
                      I have the most tension directly after waking up in the morning. During the middle of the day and night I don't have much tension.

I've made a habit of being conscious of posture and pelvic tilt throughout the day and I've been doing stretches to help it.

Are their tests to do to know if you have the strength to do MMO? Maybe it's just a matter of improper timing in my case. Although a DO while thrusting/stimulating the glans seems impossible right now.

Comment

Originally posted by slunk View Post
                        I have the most tension directly after waking up in the morning. During the middle of the day and night I don't have much tension.

I've made a habit of being conscious of posture and pelvic tilt throughout the day and I've been doing stretches to help it.

Are their tests to do to know if you have the strength to do MMO? Maybe it's just a matter of improper timing in my case. Although a DO while thrusting/stimulating the glans seems impossible right now.
                        Seems like you're on the right path.

This is still impossible for me. Just take a break at PONR, do a PC kegel hold and believe you can have an orgasm.
                        Nerdy Stuff for PreE Beginners

Comment

personally felt the tension u speak of and is very uncomfortable, i started doing 1 kegels for every jelq = bad idea. now im working on my pelvic muscles so i can continue kegels but i will definitely take it down a notch.

Comment

Working...
                          X