Hanging Leg raises.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging Leg raises.

Hanging leg raises have helped me loads. It turns out my tense pelvic floor was compensating for my weak transverse abdominis. Get a bar, learn how to do the exercise properly, using only your core. I'm sure it can help you.

This could be a very interesting tidbit of info for the dudes that are dealing with pelvic tightness/injury.

Awesome
    "I simply am not there..."

"Sharp like an edge of a Samurai sword, the mental blade cuts through flesh and bone."

Start BPEL: (7/30/16) : 17.5 cm
    Current BPEL: ? (pending)
    Current NBP: 19cm
    BPFSL : 23.3 cm

1st major Goal: 21.5 cm BPEL

Ultimate Goal: 25 cm BPEL

Comment

How do you know any of what you have stated there to be true?

Hanging leg raises recruit the rectus abdominus, obliques and hip flexors heavily alongside the transversus abdominus. They aren't selective for transversus, or really even biased towards it.

Comment

It is common to recruit the pelvic floor during ab work . This can be both positive and negative since it strengthens the pelvic floor it can also increase tension so a word of caution.

The general concept is of interest . The pelvic floor is used in core stability if other muscles are weak it could lead to chronic overuse .

Comment

I disagree, leg raises are one of the only exercises to really work the transverse abdominis effectively, and they are great for your core as a whole.

How do you know it works? Give it a try. It's been amazing for me

Comment

Quick update: huge progress. These exercises have enabled me to reverse kegel in a way I have never been able to before. I'm not sure exactly why but my whole pelvic floor is much less tense.

I've found the most effective technique is to do the leg raise with bent knees, it targets the lower deep lying abdominal muscle this way. Without a doubt this is the most effective thing I've tried.

I'd say I'm not far from having a perfectly balanced pelvic floor, and my control is great now.

I highly recommend this exercise. I noticed progress after just a few sets. Also good are lying leg raises if you don't have a bar.

Comment

Also; my transverse abdominis was/is definitely weak. I know this because my stomach always hung down like it was distended, but I've never been fat. This has almost gone now as well.

Comment

Going to give this a try, have you been doing any glute work?

Comment

Yes I do weights 3x a week one leg day

Comment

Originally posted by gettingb View Post
                    Quick update: huge progress. These exercises have enabled me to reverse kegel in a way I have never been able to before. I'm not sure exactly why but my whole pelvic floor is much less tense.

I've found the most effective technique is to do the leg raise with bent knees, it targets the lower deep lying abdominal muscle this way. Without a doubt this is the most effective thing I've tried.

I'd say I'm not far from having a perfectly balanced pelvic floor, and my control is great now.

I highly recommend this exercise. I noticed progress after just a few sets. Also good are lying leg raises if you don't have a bar.
                    How many knee raises did you do each day and How many days a week ? Did you use Weights ?

Comment

Going to start this exercise as i am trying to progress on my reverse kegels

Comment

Totally agree with you OP ,

my reverse Kegels became so much easier & targeted with a stronger core. I don't personally do hanging leg raises but I do leg raises when I'm on the dip bar following with a set of dips.

I'll also do weighted leg raises when I'm on the decline bench gripping a dumbell of 10-15lbs with my feet. These core exercises make Kegels & Reverse Kegels so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by TANGO 5/10 View Post
                          Totally agree with you OP ,

my reverse Kegels became so much easier & targeted with a stronger core. I don't personally do hanging leg raises but I do leg raises when I'm on the dip bar following with a set of dips.

I'll also do weighted leg raises when I'm on the decline bench gripping a dumbell of 10-15lbs with my feet. These core exercises make Kegels & Reverse Kegels so much easier.
                          How many sets of How many reps ? Do you think weihted haging knee raises on the dip Machine would have the same results ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnalfight View Post
                            How many sets of How many reps ? Do you think weihted haging knee raises on the dip Machine would have the same results ?
                            That's up to you ,
                            Just watch some good YouTube videos of core exercises & come up with your recipe. Nobody's business but your own.

Hanging leg raises & Dip leg raises takes some serious upper body strength . You don't just go to the gym & start off trying that if you haven't trained for it. Those core exercises take practice unless you're already pretty strong in your upper body & core area.

Comment

Originally posted by TANGO 5/10 View Post
                              That's up to you ,
                              Just watch some good YouTube videos of core exercises & come up with your recipe. Nobody's business but your own.

Hanging leg raises & Dip leg raises takes some serious upper body strength . You don't just go to the gym & start off trying that if you haven't trained for it. Those core exercises take practice unless you're already pretty strong in your upper body & core area.
                              I already am, i can put 4KG on each leg, thats why im asking precisely what you do. How many sets of how many reps ?

Comment

Working...
                              X