Demystifying medical treatment for premature ejaculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demystifying medical treatment for premature ejaculation

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, neither a professional in neurology, i just put around 200 hours of research into this and want to make the topic easier for others so they do understand better what they want to put into their body. I also want to add that this area still remains one that has to be dived deeper into so i am not promising anybody the absolute truth here.

This is also not a post that wants to dismiss effort made in the forum on other topics such as the mechanic function of Reverse Kegels that may help some people.
    Furthermore it is not a post that is supposed to excuse your own mindset with your pre-existing genetic or lifestyle conditions. You can conciously work on your mindset, it is a powerfull tool in your overall appearance and appraoch to the world.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Before i want to talk about premature ejaculation itself, i want to show you guys how our body creates stimulus. Stimulus is not restricted to only touching things, there are other senses like smell, taste, visuals, audios.

Our body needs a way to process every aspect of stimuli around us. We do that with nerves. To be more precise, we do that with Neurons. Neurons are nerve cells that carry information between the brain and other parts of the body.

AfmsJ.jpg

Many of these Neurons chained together are the way stimulus can be carried around through your body via electric signals. Neurons send the signal from one neuron to the other using neurotransmitters between the dendrite and the axon terminal

Synapse.jpg

Sex in all its various facades is nothing else than strong stimuli and biology at work carrying hormones through your body. The glans with the amount of the nerve endings in it is one of the most sensitive parts of the body overall.

948f1debcd9e4ae596f3ec053dd06402.jpg

Having sex, your glans will be stimulated no matter the activity. But you have to remind yourself mechanical stimulus is not the only way stimuli can be processed, visual, audios and smell are also part of that.

That said, let’s dive deeper into neurotransmitters. They can be categorized into two categories. Excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters.

A neurotransmitter can influence the function of a neuron through a remarkable number of mechanisms. In its direct actions in influencing a neuron’s electrical excitability, however, a neurotransmitter acts in only one of two ways: excitatory or inhibitory. A neurotransmitter influences trans-membrane ion flow either to increase (excitatory) or to decrease (inhibitory) the probability that the cell with which it comes in contact will produce an action potential. Thus, despite the wide variety of synapses, they all convey messages of only these two types, and they are labeled as such. Each type has a different appearance and is located on different parts of the neurons under its influence.

neurotransmitters.jpg

While you may have rightfully heard and influenced some of these neurotransmitters, i want to focus on the probably two most important for premature ejaculation which are GABA and Glutamate. GABA being one of the main inhibitory neurotransmitters, Glutamate being one of the main excitatory neurotransmitters.

Now you can simply put it like this: The more GABA the more stimulation a neuron needs for its signal to be fired to the next neuron. GABA and glutamate play against each other that way and also influence other neurotransmitters. Furthermore there are other things to put in perspective, for example you have to have a normal Serotonin-level for GABA to work properly,… too much for that post.
    So how does this influence premature ejaculation you might ask?

I give you a few examples:

1. Alcohol

Alcohol works in various ways on ones hormones. It is a depressant but upon intake, it produces GABA and blocks receptors for Glutamate (NMDA-Antagonist). This way, your needed action potential is higher, you feel less stimulation, you last longer while having sex, you are less reactive…
    Alcoholism however, that means repeated excess intake of alcohol makes the body produce more GABA receptors, because the „usual“ ones are permanently blocked. In the end you end up with even more receptors that worsen your symtpoms

1. Phenibut

Phenibut is a Anxiolytikum that functions as GABA-Agonist. As a sequel it binds to GABA receptors and prevents overstimulation by excess glutamate thus making you last longer.

1. Dextrometorphan, mainly found in cough-syrup also works als NMDA Antagonist.

1. SSRIs were long time a question mark on prolonging Intravaginal ejaculation latency for many scientists. It is found out that these also work as NDMA-Antagonists

You see there is an undeniable corelation between GABA/Glutamate interaction and ejaculation control.
    I know you are already in your mind thinking „How can i increase GABA right now?“. This is where it gets complex. I give you a quick overview on why it is hard to increase GABA and some potential things that can help increasing it.

The first point are genetic mutations that inhibit you forming as much GABA as you would need to remain calm. It is the goddamn genetics again. There are several ways this can take actions.

For example, i have seen a post on this forum with a guy that had a medical appointment and cured his premature ejaculation by excess intake of B6 and Zinc.
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...pplements.html
    He had/has what is called Pyroluria which results in a deficiency in B6 and Zinc which are crucial for producing GABA in your body.

I just leave this here as an example but there are more preexisting genetic conditions that influence this.

The second point is chronic stress.
    It is a major contributing factor to depletion of GABA and other inhibitory neurotransmitters. High levels of inhibitory neurotransmitters like gamma-aminobutyric acid and serotonin are needed to modulate the stress response system. They help the mind and body return to the parasympathetic state when the stressful event is over. If the stressful event is never over, then they are called upon repeatedly and over time this will drain their levels. Therefore, managing chronic stress is a vital element for the GABA and glutamate balance.

Childhood abuse or trauma alters GABA receptors, resulting in less GABA function, and this is carried with the survivor into adulthood. Survivors of abuse also have lower levels of serotonin and dopamine.

The third point is excess glutamate, for example by eating too much foods with excitotoxins that endorse production of it.

Problems with increasing GABA:
    First point: GABA-supplementation can not pass the blood-barrier, because the compound is too big to do so which results in quite nothing in most cases. So you often want to supplement precursors to GABA, so it can then form into GABA. This is unfortunately not the case if your genetics are not in the same team.

gaba.jpg

As you see in this graphic the precursor to GABA is actually Glutamate. Your brain is supposed to transform excess glutamate into GABA. There are several factors that can contribute to why your system can’t properly form GABA including genetics. Also, if you take things like Phenibut in too much excess, your body depletes production which leads to lower GABA, so you have to be carefull.

Things that could possibly help to increase your GABA production are:

• Staying away from stressfull interactions as much as possible
    • Exercise
    • Meditation ( and Yoga)
    • Trying to actively influencing your mindset as this can be a powerfull tool against learned patterns
    • Supplements
      • L-Glutamine (precursor for Glutamate)
      • 5-htp (translates into serotonin but there are complex chains that also increase GABA, see sufferers that help themeselfes with melatonin)
      • Taurin which can act as a neuromodulator and as a sequel may be able to endorse production
      • B6 and Zinc if you suffer Pyroluria

NDMA-Antagonists are not GABA-producers, they just block glutamate receptors! It is not black and white. For example taurin also could have negative effects. It is trial and error right there.

Thank you for reading, i am open for additional input, knowledge and criticism that could contribute to the knowledgebase for premature ejaculation
    ZeNigmar
    Last edited by ZeNigmar; 01-23-2019, 12:36 PM.
    “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.”
    – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

My Journey on Premature Ejaculation

Thank you for posting the details of your research!

In summary: for most cases, premature ejaculation is a function of negative conditioning, performance anxiety, and/or side effects from medication.
    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
      Thank you for posting the details of your research!

In summary: for most cases, premature ejaculation is a function of negative conditioning, performance anxiety, and/or side effects from medication.
      This is exactly right. As i said you as a human being have the powerfull tool of your consciousness to influence certain traits of your condition. One is your lifestyle that could endorse negative influence on your system, the other one are activities like exercising and yoga that help your system to stay healthy as far as possible. There are other psychological factors like behavioral patterns that you can break to further improve your conditions.

Many members have to understand that genetic preexisting conditions dont contradict classic training methods mentioned here. There is just a border when it comes to intercourse length that is mostly genetic predestined at some point. That is the point where medication or precise supplementation can help in some cases.

To give these members the knowledge about this "border" also gives them a perspective on how far they can push themselves with natural methods until they can acknowledge if they need the help to reduce stimulus, for example with a numbing cream like Pau yuen tong or condoms with benzocaine or NMDA-Antagonists or other help that i didn't research about yet. Being able to diagnose yourself also gives you the possibility to talk about it with your partner, visit a doctor and discuss further options in science that can help sufferers of premature ejaculation.

This post is just a summary, there are a lot aspects of this condition that you could adress, Reverse Kegels being treated as the one cure here, which is certainly not the case often enough and that frustrates men to the point where they give up sex.
      ZeNigmar
      Last edited by ZeNigmar; 07-21-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

What makes humans special is our ability to massively bootstrap our personal evolution. The worst thing someone can do is to adopt a victim mentality- as this self-limiting belief prevents one from attaining their potentials.
        Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

I would opt in here and mention that:
          There is just a border when it comes to intercourse length that is mostly genetic predestined at some point. That is the point where medication or precise supplementation can help in some cases.
          Is not the same as:
          premature ejaculation is a function of [...] and/or side effects from medication.
          Where as the one - from my understanding - says that the malfunction of neurotransmition, due to which reason whatsoever, is caused by wrong medication, the other says that there is a predisposition, like a genetic abnormality or a malfunctioning organ - which in most cases will be due to a genetic abnormality or a disease - that is determining the maximum length of sex even with training, stretching and so on.

I will edit this post later, gonna get my train.

Comment

I think it has a lot to do with how attractive the girl is on scale 1-10. I had a 7,5 gf with a 9 body and sex was minimum 3hrs per night with multiple shots. There has to be a certain level of physical attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by july View Post
              I think it has a lot to do with how attractive the girl is on scale 1-10. I had a 7,5 gf with a 9 body and sex was minimum 3hrs per night with multiple shots. There has to be a certain level of physical attraction.
              I am not sure what you mean by this, but visual stimulation plays a role, definitely. Oxycotin also plays a role in ejaculation and attraction (or better said, emotional binding) can as a sequel influence it. There are a lot of factors to consider. Why you last longer on the second round most likely has to do with the chemical cocktail released in your brain on ejaculation that slowly decreases again with time

Comment

Originally posted by nofun View Post
                I would opt in here and mention that:

Is not the same as:

Where as the one - from my understanding - says that the malfunction of neurotransmition, due to which reason whatsoever, is caused by wrong medication, the other says that there is a predisposition, like a genetic abnormality or a malfunctioning organ - which in most cases will be due to a genetic abnormality or a disease - that is determining the maximum length of sex even with training, stretching and so on.

I will edit this post later, gonna get my train.
                Partially, i see the difference and i agree. Sex is different with every person i think. If your other partner has a more loose vagina, your stimulation can in theory be less strong and if you don't feel physical attraction but manage to stay erect, you may be able to have sex for longer. It comes down to how hard your body is stimulated in a certain amount of time and that can also be influenced by said numbing creams etc., touch as the most strongest stimulus in sex. Some people ejaculate in their pants, i would say besides other contributing factors, they are overstimulated by visual stimuli alone.
                I did read several times that for some people on this forum that the first moments are the deciding ones when they have sex, if they can hold it back for a certain time, let's say 5 minutes, that they adapt to the movement because their nerves adapt to the stimulus and don't fire as strong as the initial potential (and of course psychological reasons). if you wear an earring, you feel it at the beginning but over time you don't feel it anymore, except you change the stimulation by pulling on it etc.
                ZeNigmar
                Last edited by ZeNigmar; 07-21-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

What makes humans special is our ability to massively bootstrap our personal evolution. The worst thing someone can do is to adopt a victim mentality- as this self-limiting belief prevents one from attaining their potentials.

Comment

Acceptance of the situation, whatever the cause, is very healthy, indeed. However, doesn't a blame mentality hurt just as much? E.g. "Your Pre-E is a result of something that you've done and your inability to overcome is a result of not doing enough to cure it.

Is it a known fact that it's caused by negative conditioning, anxiety, or medication? Knowing what we know about serotonin, nerves in the penis, etc... how can you say that you know it's because of those 3 factors and isn't, in fact, something that one either has or does not have genetically?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
                      Acceptance of the situation, whatever the cause, is very healthy, indeed. However, doesn't a blame mentality hurt just as much? E.g. "Your Pre-E is a result of something that you've done and your inability to overcome is a result of not doing enough to cure it.

Is it a known fact that it's caused by negative conditioning, anxiety, or medication? Knowing what we know about serotonin, nerves in the penis, etc... how can you say that you know it's because of those 3 factors and isn't, in fact, something that one either has or does not have genetically?
                      Because Al and i have seen guys time and again cure pre e by adressing these factors .
                      By the by i have seen guys repeatedly fail that talk neuro this chem that .
                      As Al says it is a marker for failure to think in these terms.

Comment

If you guys want to give up there is no need for all this work .
                        If you want some pretentious intelectualism, to support giving up ,look up the work of Ian Kerner PHD.
                        He has done all this neuro stuff previous ,no need to reinvent the wheel .
                        Not only that ,he will teach you how having a penis is irrelevant and how to be a good lesbian .

Ok those of you still here don't let your mind waver ,don't blow about like a candle in the wind.
                        This thing is doable for everyone so far as i can tell . The training onsite has repeatedly taken life long pre e ers and given average or above average stamina .

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                          Because Al and i have seen guys time and again cure pre e by adressing these factors .
                          By the by i have seen guys repeatedly fail that talk neuro this chem that .
                          As Al says it is a marker for failure to think in these terms.
                          As well as we constantly see guys failing who are following the physical training only advise going on here. Thats is a somewhat limited argument which you are repeating like a mantra.

If you guys want to give up there is no need for all this work .
                          If you want some pretentious intelectualism, to support giving up ,look up the work of Ian Kerner PHD.
                          He has done all this neuro stuff previous ,no need to reinvent the wheel .
                          Not only that ,he will teach you how having a penis is irrelevant and how to be a good lesbian .

Ok those of you still here don't let your mind waver ,don't blow about like a candle in the wind.
                          This thing is doable for everyone so far as i can tell . The training onsite has repeatedly taken life long pre e ers and given average or above average stamina .
                          Nobody talks about giving up. Sorry Pegasus but you are the only one saying so, constantly! I cannot understand how somebody is attacking other ideas as aggressively and with such low acceptance for any point of it like you are doing. You have not contributed in any way, all you are doing is bullying the idea/ research whenever it pops up. Perhaps just let it go and focus on other discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by nofun View Post
                            As well as we constantly see guys failing who are following the physical training only advise going on here. Thats is a somewhat limited argument which you are repeating like a mantra.

Nobody talks about giving up. Sorry Pegasus but you are the only one saying so, constantly! I cannot understand how somebody is attacking other ideas as aggressively and with such low acceptance for any point of it like you are doing. You have not contributed in any way, all you are doing is bullying the idea/ research whenever it pops up. Perhaps just let it go and focus on other discussions.
                            Do the work get the result. The advice here is not physical training only which you should know if you had looked .
                            People fail because they are half assed and lack commitment .

Comment

Do the work get the result. The advice here is not physical training only which you should know if you had looked .
                              People fail because they are half assed and lack commitment .
                              I just did not want to write all of the components down. I am quite well aware of the different approaches since I am following all of your advices + looking into possible genetical influences. But discussion with you on that level seems to be impossible or irrelevant. I am not gona waste my time by trying to change your view of the things but rather discuss with people who at least give other approaches, which are not substitutional but complementary, a try.
                              Last edited by nofun; 07-22-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X