Fasting, hormones and premature ejaculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasting, hormones and premature ejaculation

Hello again, wanted to make this one since a certain time. So anybody here that follows my posts a bit should know that i am somebody that is always open for new discussions and methods. I am also a believer of biology and that lifelong premature ejaculation has a neurological factor (undeniable).

There is a method i know from mainly bodybuilding and fitness which is called fasting. To be precise, mostly water fasting or fasting on vitamin-juices.
    Contrary to the popular belief in our society where everyone has an eating plan all his life until he dies fasting is a very healthy thing to do. The length of the fast is a matter of discussion.

Fasting is basically not eating more than 200 kalories a day and keep ketosis for a extended amount of time. Lately there has been more research about fasting and it shows it has very healthy benefits up to the point where it can help to cure cancer in some people. I don't think i want to go all in the details about fasting yet because it would be too much for somebody not in the topic.

One thing i asked myself is if fasting may contribute to cure hormonal imbalances. I didn't find any post on premature ejaculation combined with fasting yet so i thought it may be time to ask for experiences in that from other users.

I myself will maybe do a two days fast from Tuesday to Thursday and see how it goes /(it would be the first time since 7500 days aka all my life). I know nutrition quite well so i am prepared for anything. At the end of this two days session i would eat a normal meal (not oversized just so i have something in my belly) and try edging the first time again.

Please share your opinion, but in a constructive way. I don't want old beliefs telling you should eat several times a day to be healthy yada yada unless you got scientific backup for it.

Two studies that get you into the topic of fasting.

Molecular Mechanisms of fasting
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

Ketosis/Fasting and Serotonin-Levels
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5505095/

Thanks for reading
    ZeNigmar
    Last edited by ZeNigmar; 07-25-2018, 09:15 AM.
    “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.”
    – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

My Journey on Premature Ejaculation

The effects on serotonin sound interesting. I don't think I'd be willing to fast for entire days at a time but I wonder if something like intermittent fasting (8 hours fasted per day) would have any effect.

I didn't read the study in detail but from skimming it looks like there was a cumulative effect as time went on? So I wonder if fasting just 2 days would really do much or if you'd need to build the effects up over time.

Let us know how it goes though.

Comment

Interesting approach and thoughts! Thank you for your input, again!

I stumbled across fasting some years ago since my father was Buddhist and had a - for the western world - strange lifestyle in some ways, including eating habbits e.g. fasting.

As far as I know hormone levels need quite some time to adapt/ change which makes me believe that a 2 day fast could be too marginal but who am I to judge before your tried! Please report back. I would be quite willing to support you in your research if you see any results on the first try.

Comment

I did intermittent fasting for a few years and lost about 40lbs while working out 5 days a week. I played around with both versions of IF, 16/4 and every other day.

From my experience, my PRs were greater when I was fasted but my recovery between sets was terrible and my stamina suffered. I had to break the fast with a post workout meal before my workout just to get out of the gym on time.

I found carb backloading with intermittent fadting works much better for my goals. I can skip two meals a day, have a protein shake an hour before my workout, and eat a regular meal with a dessert and not gain weight or see too much spillover... But I have to limit carbs, keep salt levels stable, and drink a lot of water or I hold more water weight the next day.
        Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

I haven't realized any connection between PreE and fasting. Doing IF, sometimes whole days. Also, haven't gone too experimental with it but it sure didn't have a big enough effect for me to notice. I'm planning a 48 hours fasting soon anyways, so can close it with an edging sess. just for the science.
          My journey to becoming a sexmaster
          Short term goal: restoring pelvic balance
          Middle term goal: ejac. control, great EQ
          Long term goal: Multiple orgasms
          What will you do today, that will make you proud in a year?

Comment

Originally posted by sexmaster View Post
            I haven't realized any connection between PreE and fasting. Doing IF, sometimes whole days. Also, haven't gone too experimental with it but it sure didn't have a big enough effect for me to notice. I'm planning a 48 hours fasting soon anyways, so can close it with an edging sess. just for the science.
            Nice, please keep me up to date!

Comment

I don't have PreE, but I naturally do a variant of fasting. As TheGreatDivider mentioned above, I overhauled my diet years ago to follow a hybrid paleo/**** format which allowed me to develop a new sense of hunger. By consuming significantly more vegetables and decreasing added carbohydrates/sugar (natural occurring sugars have no limit), I unintentionally fast because I eat when I am hungry. That can lead to intermittent fasting or even 48 to 60 hours. If water doesn't satiate me during the fasting, I will take a tablespoon or so of fat and that will get me through a few more hours.

While I am fasting, my cock behaves unpredictably in that I can have max EQ and random erections or I can be completely limp. Once I resume eating my body feels like a teenager again while my body feels refreshed. My sexual response normalizes to where dirty thoughts or the slightest touch gets me aroused, I am able to control when I orgasm (thanks to conscious breathing and stretches/squats), and my ejaculate volume increases.

Before I married my husband, I was slutty with as many guys as I wanted. But the partying caused me to focus less on nutrition and health. As my diet declined, so did my sexual health and performance, to where I wasn't lasting as long as I wanted to. That was enough for me to take a hard look at my diet and drastically reduce processed foods, along with stumbling across the benefits of fasting.

Comment

Ive been doing intermittent fasting for the past 2 weeks and haven't noticed any real difference from it per se. Im doing the 16-8 schedule and typically eat from 11:30am-7:30pm. I've started alot of different things at that time though like full body stretching and exercising and have gotten my PreE under control for now so maybe it had something to do with it but I don't think so. I started stretching a few days before my fasting and that made a HUGE difference for me.
                6/26/18 measurements

BPEL-6 7/8"
                NBPEL-6 1/4"
                MEG-4 3/4"
                BEG-5.5"
                FL-3.5-4.5"
                FG-4"

Goals

BPEL-7.5-8"
                NBPEL-7"
                MEG-5.25"
                BEG-6"
                FL-5"
                FG-4.5"

Comment

Originally posted by CFG View Post
                  Ive been doing intermittent fasting for the past 2 weeks and haven't noticed any real difference from it per se. Im doing the 16-8 schedule and typically eat from 11:30am-7:30pm. I've started alot of different things at that time though like full body stretching and exercising and have gotten my PreE under control for now so maybe it had something to do with it but I don't think so. I started stretching a few days before my fasting and that made a HUGE difference for me.
                  Yes, did read about your thread. Seems like your case is just a lot of muscle tension accumulating in your lower abdomen and hipflexors aswell as the pelvic area. I guess your hormonal imbalances or mental habits don't play a huge role in your case.
                  Thanks for your contribution anyways!

https://www.reddit.com/r/intermitten...g/wiki/studies

A few studies to show the healthy traits of Intermittent Fasting / Fasting in general to maybe convice other guys to try it out

Comment

Originally posted by BU_Terrier7x6 View Post
                    I don't have PreE, but I naturally do a variant of fasting. As TheGreatDivider mentioned above, I overhauled my diet years ago to follow a hybrid paleo/**** format which allowed me to develop a new sense of hunger. By consuming significantly more vegetables and decreasing added carbohydrates/sugar (natural occurring sugars have no limit), I unintentionally fast because I eat when I am hungry. That can lead to intermittent fasting or even 48 to 60 hours. If water doesn't satiate me during the fasting, I will take a tablespoon or so of fat and that will get me through a few more hours.

While I am fasting, my cock behaves unpredictably in that I can have max EQ and random erections or I can be completely limp. Once I resume eating my body feels like a teenager again while my body feels refreshed. My sexual response normalizes to where dirty thoughts or the slightest touch gets me aroused, I am able to control when I orgasm (thanks to conscious breathing and stretches/squats), and my ejaculate volume increases.

Before I married my husband, I was slutty with as many guys as I wanted. But the partying caused me to focus less on nutrition and health. As my diet declined, so did my sexual health and performance, to where I wasn't lasting as long as I wanted to. That was enough for me to take a hard look at my diet and drastically reduce processed foods, along with stumbling across the benefits of fasting.
                    Do you think actively reducing processed food as you said was a main factor to give you more control about your ejaculation?

Comment

Fasting is a fascinating subject, and there are studies showing huge surges in GH after several days of a water only fast. This subject definitely merits a lot more attention than it gets.
                      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                        Fasting is a fascinating subject, and there are studies showing huge surges in GH after several days of a water only fast. This subject definitely merits a lot more attention than it gets.
                        My experience with these was huge losses of muscle mass.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeNigmar View Post
                          Do you think actively reducing processed food as you said was a main factor to give you more control about your ejaculation?
                          I absofruitly think it was a main factor because the rest of my body went through positive changes: acne disappeared, complexion improved, hair and nails grew stronger and faster, focus and concentration improved, sleep improved, athletic stamina and endurance increased, and my temper settled down. Within a few days folks were commenting on how my face would glow and within 2-3 weeks they were asking if I was working out because I was dropping weight quickly.

No food is off limits (Hey, Taco Bell!), but my body almost feels repulsed if it knows I will follow through with a craving. On the other hand, I have eaten 1 large supreme pizza each night for 3 nights, and I dropped 2 pounds when I weighed myself the morning of the fourth day.

Comment

Originally posted by BU_Terrier7x6 View Post
                            I absofruitly think it was a main factor because the rest of my body went through positive changes: acne disappeared, complexion improved, hair and nails grew stronger and faster, focus and concentration improved, sleep improved, athletic stamina and endurance increased, and my temper settled down. Within a few days folks were commenting on how my face would glow and within 2-3 weeks they were asking if I was working out because I was dropping weight quickly.

No food is off limits (Hey, Taco Bell!), but my body almost feels repulsed if it knows I will follow through with a craving. On the other hand, I have eaten 1 large supreme pizza each night for 3 nights, and I dropped 2 pounds when I weighed myself the morning of the fourth day.
                            The same thing happened to me in high school when I gave up junk food and started eating better. My hair, nails, and skin all looked much better, and I wasn't so tired all the time. Eating healthy is really taken for granted.

That weight loss after you had a cheat meal, really more of a diet break, is water. When you drastically cut calories for more than a few weeks your body will start holding onto water until you eat a high calorie meal again. It's not really understood why it happens but bodybuilders call it "dieter's edema" and it's pretty normal.
                            Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider View Post
                              The same thing happened to me in high school when I gave up junk food and started eating better. My hair, nails, and skin all looked much better, and I wasn't so tired all the time. Eating healthy is really taken for granted.

That weight loss after you had a cheat meal, really more of a diet break, is water. When you drastically cut calories for more than a few weeks your body will start holding onto water until you eat a high calorie meal again. It's not really understood why it happens but bodybuilders call it "dieter's edema" and it's pretty normal.
                              Yes, yes, yes! I firmly believe we can use (delicious) food as medicine. I used to collect bottles of vitamins and supplements hoping to address deficiencies, but I didn't feel better and I didn't like the hassle of taking gross tasting pills. As much as I'd like to inhale a whole truckload of Oreos, I'm not a fan of limp dick or brain fog that comes with it. So I compromise and eat half a package.

Comment

Working...
                              X