Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a grower or a shower? (testing my own theory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a grower or a shower? (testing my own theory)

Grower or shower... after lot of research, I found out that blood flow is key. Guys with better blood flow in a non-erect state tend to be showers, others are growers.

In order for your blood to reach your penis (in a non-erect state), your pelvic floor mustn't be too tight. Pelvic floor tightness is a common reason for PE. You see where I'm going with this.

So answer me guys - grower or shower?

I'm a grower, but doing hindu squats, RKs and monitoring my pelvic floor all day (for PE), and I honestly feel like I'm slowly turning into a shower!
    Grower
    83.93%
    Shower
    16.07%
    Progress Log: 45 Days: Angion Method & Fordyce Spots
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...yce-spots.html

07/02/18: 6,9 x 4,9
    08/16/18: ? x ?

I’ve had that experience too over the past three months of PreE training. The pelvic floor stretches, RKs, and also the edging seem to have made the natural state more loose and full.

Comment

I'm somewhere in the middle... Shooting for shower! Wife loves to see me walk around naked at home, so, why not?
      Start: 9/1/18
      BPEL-6.25", BaseEG-6.25", MSEG-6",EW-2.1",BPFL-4.5", FG-5"

Current: BPEL 7.75"-BEG 7.16"-MSEG 6.41"-BTHEG 6.25"-BPFL/FBG 5.5"-6.5"

Goals:
      2019 - 8.5-9" x MSEG 6.5" - NBPEL 7.5-8" - Flaccid NBPEL 6" x 6"
      End: When she says to stop.

Comment

I suggest you clarify what a grower or a shower is. So how much grow makes a grower.

Comment

I grow from 2.5” or less to about 6”. In my opinion, showers are such primarily due to genetics.
          Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
          12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
          12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
          01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
          01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
          01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Ok, just for fun I looked into a definition:

From the International Society for Sexual Medicine

"Typically, a grower is a man whose penis becomes longer when he has an erection.
            In contrast, a shower is a man whose penis does not significantly lengthen when erect.
            These terms are subjective. However, in a 2018 study, researchers suggested a guideline to distinguish growers from showers and considered factors that might determine which category a man belongs to.

The study involved 274 men...The researchers calculated the differences between erect and flaccid lengths for all the men. The median measurement (the middle value) was 4 centimeters (cm) – just over an inch and a half.
            Going forward, this 4 cm measurement was used to distinguish growers from showers. Growers’ penises were at least 4 cm longer when erect. Showers’ penises were less than 4 cm longer.

Based on this 4 cm cutoff, 26% of the men were considered growers while the remaining 74% were showers.

The average change in length was 5.3 cm for the growers and 3.1 cm for the showers
            ."

4cm is just over an inch and a half.

I'm looking at a growth of about 6.5cm (or 2.5 inches) so I guess that puts me in the "Grower" category.

Unrelated:
            "The researchers noticed that the growers were, on average, about 8 years younger than the showers. Typically, a man’s penis changes as he gets older and he might experience inflammation, lost elasticity, or decreased blood flow. This might explain why the showers tended to be older, the authors said.

Growers were also more likely to be single, but this could be related to age, as fewer younger men were in relationships.
            "

03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
            Thread
            12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Hmmm so a guy who is 6 inch flacid and 8ln erect is a grower ?

Comment

Originally posted by incogneeetoe View Post
                Ok, just for fun I looked into a definition:

From the International Society for Sexual Medicine

"Typically, a grower is a man whose penis becomes longer when he has an erection.
                In contrast, a shower is a man whose penis does not significantly lengthen when erect.
                These terms are subjective. However, in a 2018 study, researchers suggested a guideline to distinguish growers from showers and considered factors that might determine which category a man belongs to.

The study involved 274 men...The researchers calculated the differences between erect and flaccid lengths for all the men. The median measurement (the middle value) was 4 centimeters (cm) – just over an inch and a half.
                Going forward, this 4 cm measurement was used to distinguish growers from showers. Growers’ penises were at least 4 cm longer when erect. Showers’ penises were less than 4 cm longer.

Based on this 4 cm cutoff, 26% of the men were considered growers while the remaining 74% were showers.

The average change in length was 5.3 cm for the growers and 3.1 cm for the showers
                ."

4cm is just over an inch and a half.

I'm looking at a growth of about 6.5cm (or 2.5 inches) so I guess that puts me in the "Grower" category.

Unrelated:
                "The researchers noticed that the growers were, on average, about 8 years younger than the showers. Typically, a man’s penis changes as he gets older and he might experience inflammation, lost elasticity, or decreased blood flow. This might explain why the showers tended to be older, the authors said.

Growers were also more likely to be single, but this could be related to age, as fewer younger men were in relationships.
                "

That study sounds ridiculous, I'm with Pegasus on that. If someone has a 7 inch flaccid 10 inch erect they shouldn't be considered a grower. There should be a better standard definition for it.

Comment

Seems to me 90%of the population consider themselves growers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                    no definately a shower.

Most caucasians are growers. Most african americans are showers.

when people say averages their talking about basically the white population. Take a group of asian and results would be different. Take a group of african americans and results would be different.
                    PEispossible
                    Member of the Month Dec 2019
                    Last edited by PEispossible; 11-16-2018, 01:17 AM.
                    Pe log https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-pe-s-log.html

Comment

Originally posted by PEispossible View Post
                      no definately a shower.

Most caucasians are growers. Most african americans are showers.

when people say averages their talking about basically the white population. Take a group of asian and results would be different. Take a group of african americans and results would be different.
                      The evidence for this racial theory is limited . In any case the basic issue remains .

It seems to me there is 2 things to consider actual size and differential .
                      So average flacid is around what 3.5 inches and erect circa 5.5 inches . So if you are around that you should consider yourself average and neither a grower nor a shower . So an average flacid of 3,5 and a 7 in erect would be a grower . A 5in flacid and 6in erect would be shower .
                      Look pre pe i was 4.75 in flacid and 6.75in erect I considered myself average re the grower/shower thing and neither really . When i was 5.75in flacid and 7.75in erect i considered i was a shower because that same 2 in difference was a lower proportion . However if it had been 5.75 flacid and 8.75 erect that would have been a grower because the proportional difference is high..
                      Of course this is complicated by flacid being variable.

Comment

I have a 6" flacid, so I think I'm a "shower" and that's how I voted. I do have great bloodflow throughout my body due to lots of physical exercise and eating well. I do think I have an inbalance in my pelvic floor as I've caught myself doing kegels throughout the day for no reason. When I notice this, I stop immediately and relax my pelvic floor, but I also have a hell of a time doing a reverse kegel. I too do hindi squats and can do them quite easily and for long lengths of time, but the reverse kegel evades me. Pegasus posted a great read on reverse kegels and I have it bookmarked as I'm trying to focus on them more.
                        Original/Current Stats:
                        09 / 2017: BPEL 6.75" / NBPEL 6" / MEG 4.75" / BPFSL 7.25"
                        09 / 2019: BPEL 7.625" / NBPEL 6.625" / MEG 5" / BPFSL 8.125"

Realistic Goals:
                        BPEL 8" / NBPEL 7.0" / MEG 5.25"

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                          Just for the sake of discussion, how else would the terms be defined?

Is the basis for comparison on "Shower" or on "Grower"? Which is the starting point?

If we start with "grower", then how do we define growth? In a highly cited article "Penile Length in the Flaccid and Erect States: Guidelines for Penile Augmentation" from The Journal of Urology they found that average growth was 4.04 cm (just to point out "Of the patients 67.5% were white, 20% were black and 12.58% were Asian).

Going with the previous cited article "Grower or shower? Predictors of change in penile length from theflaccid to erect state" from the less respected, but still valid, International Journal of Impotence Research, the 5.3 cm seems valid (again, just for those people who go on about validity of average: for growers White 55% Black 43% Others 2%; for showers White 58%, Black 41% Other 1%).
                          There will be outlier,s of course, but how many 8 inch erections are there? If we go with the science, less than 2%.

Then again, if we start with "shower", then that is harder to define.

In the article "Penis size interacts with body shape and height to influence male attractiveness" from the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, found that penis size interacts with body shape and height to determine male sexual attractiveness. Meaning that size in relation to body shape was important, but it did not define what exactly a "shower" is.

I think virtually anyone can "show" a bulge, if he wears the right clothing, so I think the basis for the definition should come from how much growth makes one a "grower".

We could do a survey here. I know that PEGym has done a number of surveys, but I do not recall if those included flaccid to erect change.
                          03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
                          Thread
                          12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Originally posted by incogneeetoe View Post
                            Just for the sake of discussion, how else would the terms be defined?

Is the basis for comparison on "Shower" or on "Grower"? Which is the starting point?

If we start with "grower", then how do we define growth? In a highly cited article "Penile Length in the Flaccid and Erect States: Guidelines for Penile Augmentation" from The Journal of Urology they found that average growth was 4.04 cm (just to point out "Of the patients 67.5% were white, 20% were black and 12.58% were Asian).

Going with the previous cited article "Grower or shower? Predictors of change in penile length from theflaccid to erect state" from the less respected, but still valid, International Journal of Impotence Research, the 5.3 cm seems valid (again, just for those people who go on about validity of average: for growers White 55% Black 43% Others 2%; for showers White 58%, Black 41% Other 1%).
                            There will be outlier,s of course, but how many 8 inch erections are there? If we go with the science, less than 2%.

Then again, if we start with "shower", then that is harder to define.

In the article "Penis size interacts with body shape and height to influence male attractiveness" from the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, found that penis size interacts with body shape and height to determine male sexual attractiveness. Meaning that size in relation to body shape was important, but it did not define what exactly a "shower" is.

I think virtually anyone can "show" a bulge, if he wears the right clothing, so I think the basis for the definition should come from how much growth makes one a "grower".

We could do a survey here. I know that PEGym has done a number of surveys, but I do not recall if those included flaccid to erect change.
                            I answered the question directed at me 10hr before you asked it in post 11.
                            Your info demos that racial sterotypes have little backing.

Comment

Why isn't it as simple as measuring relative size? No absolute dimensions. The flaccid length relative to erect length should be the only determinant. Something like 75%, just for example. Regardless of flaccid length, if erect length =flaccid*1.75, you're a grower. Less and you're a shower. Why not that simple?

Comment

Working...
                              X