No announcement yet.

Experience with sitting on tennis ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with sitting on tennis ball?

Saw a thread on here recently about reverse kegels not triggering the front muscles - I can isolate fairly well front and back muscles with kegels, but don't feel at all on front when RKing.

Does anyone have any experience with sitting on a tennis ball (perineum) for muscle relaxation?

Hoping to release as much tension as possible, I already do hindi squats, happy baby and other PF yoga exercises and have been for a while now but still can't isolate front end on RK's

I have been doing pelvic floor massage by sitting on various balls an foam rollers for the past few months. I started with a practice tennis ball, which is a little more flexible than a normal one. I more it around to different positions. If I have it directly along the length of the shaft in the perineum, it feels like too much pressure. I usually try to run the ball down each side of the shaft. I use my legs to take some weight off if it feels like too much pressure.

I have moved up to a regular tennis ball and then a lacrosse ball, which is very stiff. I also sit on a foam roller sometimes.

I also struggled to do reverse kegels for a while. Have you looked into anterior pelvic tilt (APT)? By doing those stretches and exercises (you can find on YouTube), it helped. I also rotate my hips forward to flatten my lower back and that really helps to do RKs better.

Comment

I sat on a handball (similar to stiffness of a tennis ball) for the first time yesterday as I was playing video games and I saw results that night when I edged. Granted I might've sat on it for a little too long (5 hours of on/off massage) but I didn't realize how tight my PF was until I sat on it.

Comment

Working...
      X