Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to fix APT but my IKs got more uncontrollable

Really weird situation, guys...

So I've been working on my APT for some weeks now, regular stretching, foam rolling, etc., and i'm really happy with the development in this department. My APT wasn't REALLY bad but it was definitely there, and I think after like 2-3 weeks of regular stretching you can really achieve a lot already. I'm also trying to sit "right" during my workday (on the "sit bones", straight, while pelvic floor is loose, etc.).

BUT...

My IKs/spasms somehow got much stronger and less controllable. When I stop rubbing my glans, there are these heavy spasms that just don't seem to stop. In the past, I was able to just wait them out for some seconds and move on, but these days they don't stop and I often end up (partly) ejaculating. VERY weird! Even after I came, the muscle spasms where SO strong, I haven't experienced them that strong before.

I'm desperately looking for a logical explanation for this. Could it be that my PF is too loose, now that my APT/posture while sitting is better? Should I incorporate more regular kegels again?

Is there a defnite answer on what causes these spasms - too strong or too lose muscles?
    Progress Log: 45 Days: Angion Method & Fordyce Spots
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...yce-spots.html

07/02/18: 6,9 x 4,9
    08/16/18: ? x ?

I did not have any result from fixing atp also. after fixing atp and revesel kegel now i develope a frequent urination, i dont know why.
    5/2019 Start: 5,2" NBPEL X 4,35" MEG
    10/2019 Bundled stretch: 5,6" NBPEL X 4,35"MEG
    10/2019 - 2/2020 Girth Exersices: on/off and no gains
    7/2020 Erect stretch: 6,25" NBPEL X 4,35" MEG

Short term goal: 7" NBPEL X 5,5" MEG
    Long term goal: 8" NBPEL X 6,2" MEG

Comment

Op it is common for muscles to get narky as they start to relax .

Ankle bet you have done rk only routine.

Comment

Stretching is only half that counts towards fixing APT, are you doing any exercises to develop the posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes & abs primarily)?

I'd even say forget about kegels entirely, unless you're going for them mulltiorgasms. But if you've done the exercises for the posterior chain, you won't need kegels as compound movements like squats already train your PF pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post

Ankle bet you have done rk only routine.
          Do you think rk cause frequent urination? In the bad time i would peeing 5 times in 2 hour.
          5/2019 Start: 5,2" NBPEL X 4,35" MEG
          10/2019 Bundled stretch: 5,6" NBPEL X 4,35"MEG
          10/2019 - 2/2020 Girth Exersices: on/off and no gains
          7/2020 Erect stretch: 6,25" NBPEL X 4,35" MEG

Short term goal: 7" NBPEL X 5,5" MEG
          Long term goal: 8" NBPEL X 6,2" MEG

Comment

That's a sign the PF is too relaxed to hold urine in. How's your bedroom stamina?

Start squatting, it'll fix the urine problem

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
              Thats what I was hoping to hear. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing then!

Originally posted by andrewvi7 View Post
              Stretching is only half that counts towards fixing APT, are you doing any exercises to develop the posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes & abs primarily)?

I'd even say forget about kegels entirely, unless you're going for them mulltiorgasms. But if you've done the exercises for the posterior chain, you won't need kegels as compound movements like squats already train your PF pretty well.
              Thx andrewvi, yes I'm working out regularly, abs, squats, hammies, etc.

Comment

APT is when your posterior chain muscles have become super tight. This includes glutes, hammies and PF. So, if you stretch any of these (already over stretched) muscles your symptoms will worsen.
                So, if you have APT you arent yet ready for reverse kegels or stretching hammies etc
                You first have to be totally rid of apt to allow your posterior muscles to relax, and then you are good to go with any other stretches you want to do.

So, yes rk's can cause frequent urination if you have APT because you are tightening and already super tight muscles which will bother your bladder.

I always tell guys in here, the route to heal PFD and PE is completely different depending on if you have APT or not.

Comment

Thank you, Paul. I read some of your posts, you seem to be very knowledgable in this field.

You mention the QL muscle in many of your posts - so you would recommend to fully concentrate on stretching this muscle in order to release a lot of tension from the other muscles, and then do other stretches?

Maybe you got me wrong - I'm not really stretching glutes and hammies. I'm strengthening them via exercise. What I do stretch is the front side of my quads (no idea how it's called), and my hip flexors.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul789 View Post
                    APT is when your posterior chain muscles have become super tight. This includes glutes, hammies and PF. So, if you stretch any of these (already over stretched) muscles your symptoms will worsen.
                    So, if you have APT you arent yet ready for reverse kegels or stretching hammies etc
                    You first have to be totally rid of apt to allow your posterior muscles to relax, and then you are good to go with any other stretches you want to do.

So, yes rk's can cause frequent urination if you have APT because you are tightening and already super tight muscles which will bother your bladder.

I always tell guys in here, the route to heal PFD and PE is completely different depending on if you have APT or not.
                    Think you made a typo there on the first sentence. Someone with APT will have weak and overstretched glutes, hammies and abs - not tight. The tight part is opposite muscles such as lower back which you mentioned, and the hip flexors on the anterior side hence the 'Anterior' Pelvic Tilt. Sorry to be picky just don't want someone misinterpreting

Comment

Hi, with what i have learnt if i had apt and pe etc. I would start off by 99% of my release work and stretching would be my quads and hip flexors. I would keep doing this again and again until my apt was fully corrected. The more you release/stretch quads and hip flexors the more your posterior muscles will drop and relax. You can measure this progress yourself as each week you will find it easier to touch your toes or certainly get closer to them.
                      As your posterior muscles relax your ik's will lessen and libido will improve.

Also as you correct this i would release/stretch the ql, but my focus would still be the quads/flexors. The QL is really important but this will self correct as your stretch your anterior muscles.

Once your APT has gone or much improved then you are good to go with all other stretches, rk's etc. But stretching these posterior muscles too soon will just worsen your symptoms as they are already over stretched.

I can actually prove what i am saying. Just now try to touch your toes, see how close you can get. Now, put your pelvic into a strong posterior tilt and now touch your toes, see how much closer you can get, This is because you released tension from the over stretched muscles.
                      When do any stretches make sure your pelvis is always in posterior position.
                      Think of an elastic band that has been stretched and stretched, this is your posterior muscles at the moment.

If you don't have APT then you are good to start with rk's and all other stretches. You just have general tightness that needs to be stretched.

I think any physio or APT will tell you not to stretch hammies/posterior muscles.
                      So, i'm not giving any new information here, I'm just incoporating this info to apply to people with PE etc

Comment

Andrewvw7, you make a great point. Tight and over-stretched muscles can feel exactly the same, but they are two different things. Tight needs to be stretched, - over-stretched needs to be relaxed/released.
                        If you don't have APT check out

Youtube -Uptown Mike (he does a monthly podcast with a pf doctor)

Youtube - Roger Frampton videos

Read - Amy Stein
                        Read - Headache in the pelvis

If you do have APT then before all this applies to you get rid of your apt and when you research it whenever you read not to stretch the hammies include pf and glutes.

But all our bodies are different, you have to put some trial and error into your recovery.
                        For example, you might only have apt because you have weak abs, in which case you just need some strengthening. Your body will soon tell you what is and isnt working for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul789 View Post
                          I can actually prove what i am saying. Just now try to touch your toes, see how close you can get. Now, put your pelvic into a strong posterior tilt and now touch your toes, see how much closer you can get, This is because you released tension from the over stretched muscles.
                          I have APT and I can easily put my hips into correct position but I see no difference. It seems impossible to have your hips in one position or another when bending over though, and the amount I can bend is the same either way. I dunno.

Been working out at home and with a personal trainer for 3+ months now (3 days per week, specifically focusing on APT + rounded shoulders) and I don't know that it's gotten any better...

Comment

I have talked to a guy who says the movement in sex Is very Important for us who have pre

Lets say in doggy u kneeing and move your hips back and forth- u try to relax everthing But everytime u go in your hip move Forword and automatically flex - it seems like he got a Point but what Can we change? (Not the position...i think maybe we have to change the way to go in and out...?

Comment

Originally posted by venom888 View Post
                              I have APT and I can easily put my hips into correct position but I see no difference. It seems impossible to have your hips in one position or another when bending over though, and the amount I can bend is the same either way. I dunno.

Been working out at home and with a personal trainer for 3+ months now (3 days per week, specifically focusing on APT + rounded shoulders) and I don't know that it's gotten any better...
                              Not going to lie mate, most of the stuff PT's make their clients do at my gym makes me wanna laugh in tears. What has your PT been asking you to do, like exercise and stretches wise? APT takes a while to fix but 3 months with no/little progress is a big hint that something's not right. Also best place to look is youtube, plenty of bodybuilders got a variety of videos regarding exercises and stretches for both APT and rounded shoulders.

I have talked to a guy who says the movement in sex Is very Important for us who have pre

Lets say in doggy u kneeing and move your hips back and forth- u try to relax everthing But everytime u go in your hip move Forword and automatically flex - it seems like he got a Point but what Can we change? (Not the position...i think maybe we have to change the way to go in and out...?
                              The mechanics can make a difference but i think it'll only be extremely marginal. The issue is that the body is holding tension in the body, the question is why. Like for example on top of getting my APT mostly fixed, what i've recently also been practising is abs development with an interesting exercise, try to do planks while breathing normally, almost relaxed while your abs are firing like crazy if that makes sense? Your body will soon start disconnecting the abs tension from the rest of the auxiliary muscle groups including the pelvic floor as they get stronger.

Comment

Working...
                              X